No announcement yet.

New Oracle Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes - I also figured I'd mention that you will need the books to do the quest because if the sugar is part of the recipe - it follows that every successive book will add one more piece like the aid grimel quest where he supplies you with a necessary part of the quest every step of the way.
    Yaldin
    65 Arcanist
    Karana Server
    Grey Hawke

Comment

So this quest looks like it is quite a bit harder than solstice earring and shawl then?

Does it seem to be progressive? I.e. like the shawl and ring quest when you get a better item for each step. From what I have seen so far it doesn't.

As I can't do Velketor (lack of people) I'm no longer as hyped about this as I was a week ago

Has anyone found out where the Velious armour fits in with all of this?

/Merry

Comment

re: the sugar

Seems odd to require you to turn in a book every time to get the sugar - I wonder if you get it after a sucessful combine as well, and can continue to make the palatable mana...
        Mathir Thunderoak- Wood Elf Druid of Tunare // Taleen Bloodaxe - Barbarian Warrior of the Tribunal // Cendaar - Human Bard of Karana /// Ordo Ursi Prismatus - Lanys T'Vyl - EQ
        B3 t+ h+ r+ w+ s- g+ (It's a bear thing...)

Comment

Originally posted by Yaldin
          The hills of shade could also be lavastorm as that was a center of power for the shadowed men.
          The Hills of Shade are an actual area on Faydwer on the maps of Norrath.
          Itzena Alhazared, Revenant of {Planeteers}, Vallon Zek. And also a seamstress.
          Gelcea Macha, Wandering Animist of Tarew Marr. Will be a smith, one day.

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

Stone Silk
            NO DROP
            WT: 0.4 Size: TINY
            Class: ALL
            Race: ALL

Entered into the Magelo database.

On a side note, I checked to see the items just prior to the Journal of Aataltaal, and noticed the following pages:

Outcast's Journal Page 21
            Outcast's Journal Page 22
            Outcast's Journal Page 23
            Outcast's Journal Page 37
            Outcast's Journal Page 50
            Outcast's Journal Page 51
            Outcast's Journal Page 53

All pages are No Drop. What are the odds that we'll need to collect these pages to make the Journal? Maybe they are unrelated though.

Kaysha Soulsinger
            Member of the 1750 club since October 13th 2004
            True strength is not a measure of the body, it's a measure of the soul

Comment

Those pages are for a quest in The Hole. Results in a pretty darned nice item for casters, and I think you turn in the book you get to get weapons for other classes

BattleCleric Fashion

Comment

Possible 4th book

I was in Sebilis a few nights ago grinding exp with friends in Disco Hall. A frog (don't remember what type) dropped a book that none of us had seen before, and no one on any spoiler sites had identified.

It's called "Shissar Hide Tome", MAGIC, LORE, NO DROP and has no stats. If the known use for this item has evaded me, I apologize for this post.

Comment

Does anyone know if Dardain has a PH or is on a timer?

Comment

Did anyone who has turned in the first book notice if a flag was given?

I've given the note from NFP to the Oracle. Without the Tome of Miragul or History of the Di`zok, I tried turning the Journal of Aataltaal and Velketor's Spellbook in to Assistant Jeyular. He gave them back with the message "I did not ask you to bring this to me. You may have it back. You should be careful who you hand powerful items to in the future, my friend."

Comment

I tried turning the Journal of Aataltaal
                      Where did it drop?

Did anyone who has turned in the first book notice if a flag was given?
                      Upon checking logs, I do not see a typical flag.
                      Last edited by Teaamillie; 10-10-2003, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Estrella of Gloomwater in Kedge drops the Journal of Aatalalalaltl or however you spell it....

I knew I should've looted it when it seemed odd yesterday rather than just letting it rot =/

Comment

Mine dropped in the Bazaar, for 1000pp ; )

Comment

There's a little subquest for the 'grapes that can be grown only by the halflings of Rivervale'.

Go out the Wall gate dividing Misty in two (heading from Rivervale/PoK book), turn right, and keep walking. Standing next to the tree-stump nearest to both the zone wall and the Wall is a 'halfling epicurist' (or epicurist halfling or something like that).

Follow the quest text through, and you'll find out that the soil for his grapes is getting too muddy, and he wants some sand to improve it. From the Ro desert.

Hand him a Sands of Ro, and get Moon-harvested Grapes back - lore, nodrop, no tradeskill tag and non-stackable.
                            Itzena Alhazared, Revenant of {Planeteers}, Vallon Zek. And also a seamstress.
                            Gelcea Macha, Wandering Animist of Tarew Marr. Will be a smith, one day.

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

To sum it up...

I spent the better part of 45 minutes clicking back and forth between the two pages for clear facts, I suppose this post is more for my benefit, and anyone else who wants a summary. Information from the post below is a collaboration from previous posts (and a little bit of my own, but mostly not!):

The first step is to go to North Freeport and hail Sir Artanis. "I recieved your summons." is they key phrase. If you are evil, the NPC is in Neriak, Third Gate, and is Qrixat Du`voy, in the Cleric's guild.

Take your note, go to Ocean of Tears, and turn it in to the Oracle. For those who are KOS... or relieved the Oracle of his robe once too many times, take benefit of the following quest:

Red Wine Quest in Third Gate If you are KOS, he will not aggro if he cons green to you. He is a L 12 NPC. Here is what to do. Put 4 bottles of red wine, unstacked, in a trade window with him. Have someone cast invis on you. Or, if you are a sneaky class, use sneak. Turn it in. This will take a lot of time and patience, but it works. My Ranger of Tunare is Ally with merchants in Neriak. If you have 2 accounts, and 2 machines, make a low level L 4 caster, and invis yourself.

The next step are the books, we know the following books:
                              #1 - Tome of Miragul - Drops from Dartain the Lost, in The Ruins of Old Paineel (The Hole). Reportedly a pain to get to, and you need a rogue, and to be prepared for many magic resistant, unmezzable mobs.
                              #2 - History of the Di`Zok- Drops from Loremaster Piza`tak in Chardok.
                              #3- Journal of Aataltaal - Drops from Estrella of Gloomwater in Kedge Keep - This makes sense, if you look at the old map, Dagnor's Cauldron has a mountain range surrounding it called the Hills of Shade. Estrella is a bit of a pain, and does see invis, there is a safe place to pull her to.
                              #4 - No one knows yet. I saw a Shissar Hide Tome listed, however, I do not see it having any stats, as seems to be the popular theme with these books. Any information would be appreciated -- what does he ask for when you turn in the Journal, anyone? =)
                              #5 Sanguine Tome - Drops off of A Tae Ew Bloodfiend, in Cazic Thule - Not much information on this one. =)
                              #6- Velketor's Spellbook - Velketor the Sorcerer, Velketor's Labrynth. The infamous last book to give up.

-You must turn in these books to get pieces of the quest all along that are no drop. We hope that if you fail a combine, it will return the no drop piece.

Tome of Miragul yields:
                              "An auspicious beginning. To reward your start, I will enlighten you with the secret of palatable mana, which is required to create a phylactery, but also has independent uses as well. Brew it like wine, but include a vial of mana as created by the ablest enchanters plus a pinch of this special sugar as well as grapes that can be grown only by the halflings of Rivervale. When you are ready to continue with the next step, return with the history of the Di`Zok and give it to me."

- Vial of Purified Mana + Moon-harvested Grapes + sugar ...? The quest for Moon-Harvested grapes is right above this post. Woo hoo for new info! =)

History of the Di`Zok yields:
                              "Excellent work. This book is not easily come by. This next step is the first of creating components for the phylactery iteself, the silk insert. This is the base inside of the box and it must be made of durable stone silk to withstand the energies within a phylactery. When you are ready to continue with the next step, return the long-lost Journal of Aataltaal to me. His tomb is rumored to be in the Hills of Shade, and while I doubt this is true, rumor depends on some truths so somewhere nearby is where to discover this book."

My suspicion is that he gives you the stone silk. I will keep an eye out for it. Meanwhile, off to hit the used bookstore. Must solve this quest!
                              Duvessa Shadowmoon
                              (Kirie Ravenwing)
                              L 65 Buffing Ranger of Hoss
                              Druzzil Ro

Comment

Text from turning in Journal (book 3)

"Impressive, young one. I truly did not believe you would locate this volume. My instructions for constructing a phylactery shall continue. The third step requires the construction of the soul net -- the silken binding for inside the lid of the phylactery. This requires delicate and balanced threading that only the ablest fletchers can perform. To create this mystic mesh, you'll need the silk of a spider that itself deals with the immaterial as well as shadewood clips to attach the soul net to the lid of the phylactery. You must also use the glue I have given to you. When you are ready to continue, bring the book guarded by yet another spider, this one found in the Planes of Power."

Firebone Notebook = Book 4? (Aramin the Spider Guardian)

Comment

Working...
                                X