Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when rec/req level on new JC stuff might happen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea when rec/req level on new JC stuff might happen?

Like the subject says: I'm anxious to know when the level requirements/restrictions go in for new JC stuff. I've got a silly number of alts and they are dying for the new stuff! I'm afraid to make anything for them, though, since I don't know the best stuff they can wear. I am assuming that the metals will determine the level since they determine the power of the gems.

I admit that I'm a long time TSer (all praise EQTC!) but I don't look at these boards much - I have never been cutting edge and I have wonderful friends who keep me in the know about important advancements.

I feel bad posting this because I feel like either this has been addressed already, or the fact that it's not here means that no one really knows. But I thought some of you might have been through some big TS changes before and have some idea of how long it takes things to get ironed out. Anything so complex is bound to take a little time.

Thanks, and let me know if I've violated board etiquette, please!

Dwerium is the best available metal for JC and feel free to twink them now if you got the money. When there's level cap, 2 things could happen:

1: nothing happens to your toon, you can keep wearing it until you die. Then you'd need to get some new JC that is level compatible.

2: your toon may be auto killed (no xp loss) to force them gears off of your toon.

#2 happened to one of my toon long ago when an item was changed and SOE removed froglok off of the race list for the pants my froggy pally had. I doubt it'd happen if SOE changes the level only, not the useable race or class.

Grolyn Blacknife
    Beastlord
     T:7
     M:0
     T:6
     M:1
    Fletching:
     M:2
    Zira Blacknife
    Shaman
    Maelin Starpyre
    Vazaelle
    Reiseraa
    Necro
    Research:

Comment

the old palladium jewelcraft does not have a rec/req why should the new one?
      old one was 170ish and new one is 350 on high end.
      i doesnt sounds like there is something wrong for me.

Comment

Hm, actually Unapuma has a point. . . my ideas for what's important for my twinks is the same thing that's important for my higher levels. . . . raw hp/mana for the most part. Since I can just deaug the gems and put them into the new, level appropriate setting, then use the dwerium setting for my higher levels it's no loss is it? The more I think about it the more I like this new system. I just usually didn't splurge on Taaffeite until they were big kids because it seemed a waste in lesser metals.

And Spoogy - I do think there's something a bit wrong about a level 1 war having 2300 hps wearing just jewelry and nothing else Also there were rec/req levels for it - can't wear Taaffeite Palladium until you're 65. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.

Comment

my bad, sorry
          there ARE level rec/req on the old palladium.

no idea how i got on the trip

Comment

I've seen gear removed from a character without death when it got a req level. In particular, the old 12/18 whips without a req level.
            --
            I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
            No, really.

Comment

To be honest, I'm not convinced these will get a rec/req level. They're strong, sure, but they also fall well within line of the increase player power in this expansion. There seems to be a trend to bring up players at all levels, and this is one way to do it. Bear in mind that the strongest stuff (dwerium and taafe) will be ungodly rare over the long term. Velious had 100hp gear that was usable at level 1, and items like that remain popular to this day. With the game moving more and more towards retaining current players, it makes sense to offer something for a person starting a second (or later) toon.
              Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
              Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
              Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
              Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

I did a quick test and created a brand new enchanter with 8 dwerium gears, 6 of them with taaffeites and 2 with fire emerald for +26 ds total.

Went to level 15 solo in under 90 minutes. That is no outside buff other than pots, no outside heals, nothing. I haven't died yet.

A second character went from 21 to 36 in 2 hours with only a temp spell.

If I can PL solo with those jcs, imagine how much faster with outside help for heals and buffs? Helloo chinese plat farmer selling cheap level 70 toon account with only 1 day played time. Well maybe not that fast but it's faster and easier to pl now than it was a week ago.
                Last edited by Unapuma; 11-24-2007, 03:13 PM.

Grolyn Blacknife
                Beastlord
                Fletching:
                Zira Blacknife
                Shaman
                Maelin Starpyre
                Vazaelle
                Reiseraa
                Necro
                Research:

Comment

heh

Well it was already possible to do most of that. Maybe they just wanted to level the playing field for people. Now that anyone even if they only have one account can PL themselves it makes less sense for them to buy a toon, which means people will actually know how to play their toon.

Of course I do believe that there should be a recommended level of 65 on all dwerium, and 50 on palladium, just so there is a market for Palladium and lower jewelry. People can buy the good gems and aug/deaug as they go. Velium --> Palladium --> Dwerium.

With what gear is out there - I actually think that the silver-platinum line of JC stuff should just be dropped as the old jewelry is still fine and no level requirements.

Comment

I am not sure when.

We have to do the recommended level in the script that does the metal adjustment because scripts override the default recommended level code.

Maddoc plans on using a formula such that we will not need required levels, but if you are too low bellow the recommended level you will only get 10% (rounded DOWN) of the stats (if you are close you get more)

so the CURRENT plan is for no required levels.
                    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                    Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200
                    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Good to know, thanks. I am trying to educate my customers and it was making me cringe when people were advertising no level restriction gear. Now I know what to tell them!

Comment

So if I twink my toon with dwerium, I would get about 10%. But if I use something else like silver or velium, would I get slightlly better stats? If the stats are the same or better than other metals, people would probably skip right to Dwerium and worry about leveling up later.

Grolyn Blacknife
                        Beastlord
                        Fletching:
                        Zira Blacknife
                        Shaman
                        Maelin Starpyre
                        Vazaelle
                        Reiseraa
                        Necro
                        Research:

Comment

it is possible that yes you can get better stuff if you take stuff your intended level instead of way above your level. We have not set all of the details in stone yet.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                          Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200
                          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

For a ballpark as to when you can wear the jewelry, would looking at the levels of the enchanter "enchant metal" spells be reasonable?
                            --
                            I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
                            No, really.

Comment

I just spent a whole night making 15 full sets of platinum trio gear, plus the storebought gems to go in them, so I could gear up my army of lowbies. If my 120ish items that i just dumped a ton of plat into get nerfed down, I'm going to be quite a bit upset. If they needed a recommended level, they should have been pushed to live with a recommended level.

At the very least, there should have been a warning either here, on the Sony boards, or in the patch message regarding the future addition of a recommended level. As it stands, anyone who's spent plat twinking their alts (whether you think it's right or not...) is going to be out a huge amount of plat when their gear is only 10% of original stats, and the old gear is suddenly better. If you add a 10% if below level thing, you're going to get a massive outcry from anyone who has already made them, because at the moment, there is no reason to use anything lower than platinum to make the jewelry to wear.

Because it's the highest stat metal that's *readily* vendor available (velium is thurg only), people who don't like running around would make platinum sets at the lowest, and people willing to run to thurg would make velium at the lowest. To tell them that now, silver is going to be more powerful for their low levels is immensely unfair, because it's punishing them because they used the best available gear.

Agree with twinking or not, there is currently no logical reason for a master jeweler to give his friends/alts less than platinum, besides money and lack of an enchanter. Since I found an enchanter in PoK in under a minute, on a server with any population at all, that point is pretty much worthless. As far as money goes, someone who started with silver would end up upgrading anyway, so its currently cheaper just to make platinum gear first.
                              Woot!! Master Artisan as of 1-19-08

Comment

Working...
                              X