Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when rec/req level on new JC stuff might happen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greeznok View Post
    Why are the unmodified stats not showing the full potential of the pieces? The whole point of clicking the unmodified button is to see what the item will become when you reach the recommended level. This can not be working as intended, or else "working as intended" means being broken on purpose?
    The special script that Ngreth and the coders wrote to adjust the stats of each individual gem to display the adjusted stats from the recommended level reductions.

The modified/unmodified button shows you the overall piece would be if the recommended level was not applied to the whole piece afterwards.

Basically, the recommended level script was supposed to replace the standard recommended level code, but it isn't and they are compounding.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I'd like to reiterate that the new gems (morganite, combine star, gophenite ect) are pretty worthless. especially with the levels on them. very rarely would someone even be tempted to put theese into a 11 slot at 50
      Angry Bakeing Iksar formerlly of Vallon Zek, now gimping up the Bristlebane server

Comment

RIP JC I for one dont do it hardly now as can not afford the prices in our baz and as I can not get into the zones to farm them it has become a moot point much like in the smithing arena also. With all the new stuff from SoF why should anyone buy our stuff with the nerf when you can get a ring as baz flooded for 20k with better stants than ours. When I say better stats it may not have as much hp/mana but everything else bets it to incude effects. Shovels dirt on JC.

Comment

Bah! Working as intended my *smurf*.

JC is pretty fubar'd now. It may have been a bit high for lower lvl toons, but the current nerf is way out of whack. I don't get all the fuss over how it effects lvl 1 toons anyway, the only lvl 1 toons anymore are traders, twinks, and online plat spammers. So what if they get a big headstart on actually getting up in levels to a point where they actually see someone else in the zones they are hunting in?

Comment

I have been playing eq for several years, I commend Ngreth on the changes to the don cultural and research. While those changes have actually been an enhancement. I fail to recognize the rationalization that Ngreth had to add the reccomended levels to the gems and add yet another layer of scripting and stat reduction when they had a mechanism already in place to reduce the powers on the gems. The most intellegent implimentation in my opinion would have been to place the reccomended levels on the settings around the same levels you enchant the metals or aquire the metals. Let the settings regulate the gems like they were designed to and actually make the lower setting worthwile as more then a footnote in our recipie books.

I just find it ironic that my 60 monk can get taaf's from lvl60 mobs in droga, yet these gems are almost useless to my monk.

Chris

Comment

Rec level going to metal instead of gem?

One of my friends said that the recommended level was going to be moved to the metal of the jewelry. Is this true? Anyone heard anything about this? This was the first mention I had heard of it, and I'm kind of disappointed. I had just gotten my paly to level 65 so that her jewelry would be what they were before and now to find out she might have to go up another 10 levels to get here hp/mana back just stinks
              Rinikku - 78th Level Shaman of the Seventh Hammer

- Ding 75! - 6/10/07 -- I WIN!!!
              - Ding 70! - 11/15/06

300 Skill Level in Alchemy + 15% mod
              199 Skill Level in Pottery + 5% mod
              100 Skill Level in Tailoring
              54 Skill Level in Smithing
              54 Skill Level in Baking
              46 Skill Level in Brewing
              Proud Owner of an Alchemist Charm - 10/15/06

Chell - 67th Monk of the 7th Hammer
              253 Skill Level in Brewing + 5% mod

Comment

Ngreth posted extensively about it on the Sony boards, but there has been nothing here.
                The summary is (for trios):
                Silver 12%
                Electrum 20%
                Gold 30% - Rec 20
                Platiinum 40% - Rec 35
                Velium 60% - Rec 50
                Palladium 80% - Rec 60
                Dwerium 100% - Rec 70
                Duos and Solos will have slightly lower rec levels(not yet known) to give them some viability
                Still will be the strong drop in stats, but each metal becomes an upgrade over the previous 5 levels below the rec level. Most gems are going to get slight improvements, with 5 exceptions: Amber, Crimson, and Indigo Nihilites will lose 25 from their current stats. Opals and Emeralds will gain 50 points to their stats.
                At level one, Electrum with Crimson Nihilite, Opal would be 100 hp
                At level twenty, the same gems in Gold would be 150 hp
                At level 35 in Platinum would be 200 hp
                At level 50 in Velium would be 300 hp
                At level 60 in Palladium would be 400 hp
                At level 70 in Dwerium would be 500 hp

Ngreth's full messages are buried a bit in This thread

Edited to add: I too waited for the eventual and expected nerf to equip my (rarely played anyway) twink, and will now have to change everything. I would be annoyed by that, but I expect the return in value to the gem stocks on my trader will ease my pain .
                Last edited by Bobaten; 01-29-2008, 06:26 PM.

Comment

We figure the metal is much easier to replace than the gems. The gems are much more expensive and often much more rare. So you may need to replace your dwerium with gold or some-such, but you will not be as horribly adjusted down as you are with the stuff on the gems.
                  Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                  Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200
                  Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

oh no

wow

I was honestly just comming here to support Ngreth in the idea that the jewelry was too powerful before the fix. My issue is that the staff moding EQ really needs to stop jerking things around. Once something is in place, it should only be changed under the most extriem circumstances.

Now I read there is a plan to continue the jerking around, it really is too much. You really need to reconsider this mod. Leave the game alone. Make your decisions before they are implemented, once they are implemented live with the result.

Many of us have already gone through the laborous proccess of replacing the gems after the first mod. Its time to leave it alone.
                    Last edited by toll; 01-30-2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldier View Post
                      The special script that Ngreth and the coders wrote to adjust the stats of each individual gem to display the adjusted stats from the recommended level reductions.

The modified/unmodified button shows you the overall piece would be if the recommended level was not applied to the whole piece afterwards.

Basically, the recommended level script was supposed to replace the standard recommended level code, but it isn't and they are compounding.
                      Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else...

Something I've noticed on a lower level alt that's still wearing Dwerium with a Taaffeite in it... The Un/Modified stats both change as I level, so while the Unmodified stats don't show what they should, the number they show is also increasing as I gain levels.

Comment

Originally posted by toll View Post
                        Many of us have already gone through the laborous proccess of replacing the gems after the first mod. Its time to leave it alone.
                        I was realy surprised that the gems got rec levels actually. Especially since they were no trade and would not be able to be re-sold if removed. That's a significant investment down the drain for 20-40 levels. I had thought that a turn in quest to return tradible gems for no trade ones would have gone in at the same time.

As a matter of fact, in the past for stuff at the top end(ie the then highest level) suddenly lost usefulness to a group of people, and was "attunable no trade", they have mostly added quest NPC....

I like that the metals are to get the rec levels, although it seems a little steep, just simply based on the fact that I can do something about the nerf by downgrading metals. I am surprised to see that they are changing it again. Was any of this tested on the test server it seems like very poor quality control?

As always big N, willing to cut you lots of slack as I have approved greatly of most of the changes you've introduced; many of which made me many 100k of plat.
                        Last edited by Flehmen; 01-30-2008, 03:24 PM. Reason: formatting
                        I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Originally posted by Flehmen View Post
                          I was realy surprised that the gems got rec levels actually. Especially since they were no trade and would not be able to be re-sold if removed. That's a significant investment down the drain for 20-40 levels. I had thought that a turn in quest to return tradible gems for no trade ones would have gone in at the same time.

As a matter of fact, in the past for stuff at the top end(ie the then highest level) suddenly lost usefulness to a group of people, and was "attunable no trade", they have mostly added quest NPC....

I like that the metals are to get the rec levels, although it seems a little steep, just simply based on the fact that I can do something about the nerf by downgrading metals. I am surprised to see that they are changing it again. Was any of this tested on the test server it seems like very poor quality control?

As always big N, willing to cut you lots of slack as I have approved greatly of most of the changes you've introduced; many of which made me many 100k of plat.
                          It would have made a better first choice, but it's too late for that now. Leave it alone.

Comment

Flehmen, you can already make the gems tradeable again using the stacking bug. Yes, it is an exploit, but Ngreth has already said he is OK with it since the reason the gems are attuneable in the first place is a stopgap to prevent the crashing/bank wipes.

Comment

Originally posted by toll View Post
                              It would have made a better first choice, but it's too late for that now. Leave it alone.
                              When they added the recommended levels it made the items too weak so they are going to readjust the recommended levels to attempt to correct this problem. If that means they have to change it again, then I am all for that change.
                              Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                              Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Bobaten View Post
                                Flehmen, you can already make the gems tradeable again using the stacking bug.
                                Umm, I believe that was fixed as it didn't stack like that last time I removed a gem.Also, I didn't have a spare 20k to buy the stone anyhow.
                                I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Working...
                                X