Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when rec/req level on new JC stuff might happen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just curious if this fix will make it so the stats are visible now? thats been the biggest drawback to people using the jewelery i think..nobody has any idea what the stats are....

present company excluded
    Brandu 75 chanter
    Hidean 72 necro

Comment

It is unfortunately a much harder thing to fix but we are looking at it.
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
        It is unfortunately a much harder thing to fix but we are looking at it.
        What about putting the "Lore" tab on the item window like all the items for the Serpent Charm of Lore have only put, "this item increases strength up to X in the proper metals" as a temporary solution.
        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Hmmmm...

Let's see if I have this right...I have my JC toon make jewelry for my new cleric toon...nice stats...then you nerf it all in a previous patch...so I level up making all the jewelry useable again...out of all the pieces only one piece remains with a rec level of 70 and I have full stats on all the other pieces...so you nerf it again making it all unuseable as is, once more? Let me tell you something...I was a COBOL Programmer Analyst and Business Systems Analyst (and developer) for close to 20 years, and followed that by becoming a Network Engineer/Analyst for another 10 years (having build my first homebrew computer in 1978) and if I jerked my cusomers around as much as you SOE Programmers and Devs do, I would have long been out of business. You rush things into expansions without fully considering how it's all going to work...you keep pushing expansions without fixing all the broken things from earlier expansions...your patches are rarely upgrades...they're attempts to fix all the broken things that you pushed to fast to start with, and half the time when you patch the system you break it further requiring emergency patches to the patch du jour...don't you guys ever really test anything out, and consider the impact of changes, and on various platforms to make sure it all works before charging ahead? You're lucky you all didn't work for me while I was in the computer industry (I'm retired) as I'd have fired the lot of you...what extremely, excessively, and continually poor customer service you exhibit...you're lucky you're all not standing in an unemployment line somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ged Sparrowhawk View Post
            Let's see if I have this right...I have my JC toon make jewelry for my new cleric toon...nice stats...then you nerf it all in a previous patch...so I level up making all the jewelry useable again...out of all the pieces only one piece remains with a rec level of 70 and I have full stats on all the other pieces...so you nerf it again making it all unuseable as is, once more?
            First, when SOF released, Ngreth said that recommended and/or required levels WOULD be added but that they needed more time to determine appropriate levels for them (and write the coding for the recommended levels on each gem). It finally went in back last month (2 months after SoF). Then the results of the change were shown to be more drastic than they had initally planned and are changing from recommended levels on the gems to the metals. This will result in INCREASES in stats for most all combinations.

Also, I am sure in your 30 years of working you never made a change, thought it would result in one thing and have a different outcome and had to go back and make a change in your code. No one said the developers were perfect, but this is not the forums to attack/insult them. These are for discussing tradeskills.
            Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
            Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

According to the patch notes the fix for the JC nerf is in. According to Ngreth's spreadsheet (Ngreth pls comment on whether this spreadsheet is still accurate) the following are the recommended levels (all in trio setting, according to Ngreth's EQForums post the single and duo settings have different recommended levels).

Silver/Electrum 1
              Gold 20
              Platinum 35
              Velium 50
              Palladium 60
              Dwerium 70

Again, according to Ngreth's spreadsheet the following are the actual sweetspots and again, using trio settings.

1 Electrum
              16 Gold
              31 Platinum
              45 Velium
              55 Palladium
              66 Dwerium
              Regards,

Sleep and I'll steal your platinum, dream and I'll steal your soul

Comment

Originally posted by Ged Sparrowhawk View Post
                Let's see if I have this right...I have my JC toon make jewelry for my new cleric toon...nice stats...then you nerf it all in a previous patch...so I level up making all the jewelry useable again...out of all the pieces only one piece remains with a rec level of 70 and I have full stats on all the other pieces...so you nerf it again making it all unuseable as is, once more? Let me tell you something...I was a COBOL Programmer Analyst and Business Systems Analyst (and developer) for close to 20 years, and followed that by becoming a Network Engineer/Analyst for another 10 years (having build my first homebrew computer in 1978) and if I jerked my cusomers around as much as you SOE Programmers and Devs do, I would have long been out of business. You rush things into expansions without fully considering how it's all going to work...you keep pushing expansions without fixing all the broken things from earlier expansions...your patches are rarely upgrades...they're attempts to fix all the broken things that you pushed to fast to start with, and half the time when you patch the system you break it further requiring emergency patches to the patch du jour...don't you guys ever really test anything out, and consider the impact of changes, and on various platforms to make sure it all works before charging ahead? You're lucky you all didn't work for me while I was in the computer industry (I'm retired) as I'd have fired the lot of you...what extremely, excessively, and continually poor customer service you exhibit...you're lucky you're all not standing in an unemployment line somewhere.
                --------------------------

Thank you for that rant mate. People around here are way too accepting of this non sence. I think we have higher standards maybe, because we both know the industry. I work full time as a software engineer as well (no where near close to retirement tho unfortunately), there is just no way a user base will put up with this trash. This is the main reason why EQ is dieing, it's not because of other products.

I too purchased upwards of 100K in dwerium jewelry and gems before the first nerf, then spent over three hours and alot more plat fixing all of my toons jewelry. Only to find that its all garbage again except for the stuff on my main.

I am going to ask SOE for some restitution, I'm thinking some free expansion packs. The only thing keeping at all at this point is I just talked my guild into getting back online about three months ago, its been fun hanging out again as we rarely get to see each other in real life anymore. I'm not putting up with this trash though, I can't understand how anyone could be expected to, it's rediculous. If I thought I could get my guild to buy a different product and switch for next game time it would already be done. It's too bad, EQ is a great game.
                Last edited by toll; 02-07-2008, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Are you still sending SOE your $17.95/month or however you subscribe? Clearly the players will put up with mediocrity as long as we get a sincere apology for the inconvenience afterward.
                  Roanne LeFaye
                  Warrior Barbarian of the Tribunal
                  Outsider Domination
                  The Seventh Hammer
                  2100 Club + 300 melee Research

Comment

I don't particularly appreciate the way this has been handled but since it seems to be necessary can we at least have a Glue Solvent vendor placed by the bird bath in the Bazaar, or if there is one close by can someone tell me where it is? The run between The bazaar and PoT while not all that far is still annoying when it needs to be done by one main and 7 alts times 2 accounts...

Comment

• Glue solvents are also sold in Shadowhaven. Zone in from bazaar. Run south accross the sunken area you are in. Turn East and go up one flight of stairs. Turn South and enter the door in front of you. All told its about a 10 second run from the bazaar zone line.

Comment

• Glue solvents are sold in almost every city where there are jewelry supply vendors, except PoK.

Comment

Working...
                        X