Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when rec/req level on new JC stuff might happen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been warnings that rec/req levels will be coming for the jewelry since, well, before we figured out the stats.

When I was twinking people, I used the level that the enchanter could cast the spell as an idea asto what level of metal I should put on them.

So, until they introduce it, your lowbie alts/friends will be able to clean house. Grats.
    --
    I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
    No, really.

Comment

Rec'd and Req'd levels

I wish there were required levels for the Staurolite-Prestidigitase-Harmonagate-Taaeffite gems. Otherwise, it makes little sense to use anything but Taaffeite. I suggest 35, 45, 55, and 65. On the other hand, prices may still make the even the Staurolite sellable.

The recommended level on the metals should serve fine.
      A 10% Dwerium single ring with Round Cut Opal will give 10HP to a level 1.
      A Silver single ring with Round Cut Opal will give 10HP (guessing) to a level 1 and will be much cheaper.

Anyone who complains about the post-release impact of recommended level has not been paying attention. The PoR jewelry (Pear Cut Prestidigitase Palladium Ring, for example) came out with no Rec'd/Req'd levls, but they were applied later. Many posters in this forum warned about the same happening with SoF jewelry.
      Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

I could live with it if the end result of adding recommended levels makes it like you said, where the Dwerium ring with a gem would give a lvl 1 the same stats as a Silver ring with the gem. That way, while the item loses its huge stats, it would upgrade as the wearer leveled, and at level X, would be the max dwerium stats, which would mean a jeweler willing to invest in dwerium taff rings for their lvl 1 alts would be investing some major plat in advance, but would avoid having to replace those items as the alt leveled up. My major worry was in regards to lower characters getting better stats with silver than higher metals. That forces jewelers to make their alts each progressive item, as the alts level, and for those who already invested in said dwerium/taff combo, they've put out the investment, without the benefit of not needing to upgrade.

If they are going to put the recommended levels in, I do agree that it should be about the level that enchanters get the enchant spell.

And if there were any posts on these boards before the expansion release about incoming recommended levels for the jewelry revamp, I must have missed them. I see a couple posts AFTER the expansion was released, but I would have assumed that with new smithing and tailoring, new cultural, the overall jewelcraft revamp, and the research revamp being so well announced, with months of forewarning, that something as important as incoming recommended levels would at least have made it to the Jewelry Revamp thread. My logic for not adding recommended levels isn't based at all on my agreeing with twinking alts, I just disagree with turning around now and adding recommended levels, because any players who had invested large amounts into their alts by using the system as it was released would be stuck with worthless items for 40 more levels. As for how we should expect it because of 1 past example of them doing it, that's not much to go on. Once is not a trend.
        Woot!! Master Artisan as of 1-19-08

Comment

You guys know that this is a very minor issue right? I mean, wow, after spending enough to twink out all your toons with this gear you are worried about a few k plat? (and realistically, dwerium on my small server is going for only 8k in an assortment of trio configurations and since I've picked up almost a stack of faycite crystals for a few plat so far, I can't see that staying so high except to make enchanters some money. All other trio stuff is significantly cheaper.)

In this case, the rec level will give value to the lower level metals and even perhaps some of the less used gems. Usually, rec levels just nerfs something to the point of being unuseable for lowbies and not quite good enough for the rec level.
          I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Stats

Just a comment guys. If a Silver Trio Ring gives better stats at level one than a Dwerium, once recommended level mod kicks in, SWAP the dang thing out. The mounts become tradeable again AFTER you remove the augs. Only the augs are No Trade after being attuned. Just dump the new aug into the appropriate level setting until you move it back to the Dwerium. The Flowstone aug remover is 104 plat, which prob wont matter if you can afford Dwerium, while the lower aug removers are under 5 plat.

Comment

So just when is the nerf

Having read through the forums on EQ Players and developed a major migrain from it all, just when is the nerf going into effect?

Second question, is the stats of each cut gem ever going to be shown, I get so sick of having to look it up to tell someone what the stats are going to be then try to explain that I can't cut what they want to get the same stats as harmonagate or taaffeit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaumigehexe View Post
                Having read through the forums on EQ Players and developed a major migrain from it all, just when is the nerf going into effect?

no ETA
                Second question, is the stats of each cut gem ever going to be shown, I get so sick of having to look it up to tell someone what the stats are going to be then try to explain that I can't cut what they want to get the same stats as harmonagate or taaffeit.
                Also no ETA. This needs to be fixed by code and I have less of a handle on when code will make changes.
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200
                Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Thank you for your fast response Ngreth, I was in a bit of a panic last night when I posted this. I don't have any of the cultural armor but one of my friends worked his hiney off getting his Ogre skilled up to make his, after reading the threads on EQ Players he's cancelled all 3 of his accounts. Now I've got to break in another warrior to hold agro and hide behind

Comment

Originally posted by Flaumigehexe View Post
                    after reading the threads on EQ Players he's cancelled all 3 of his accounts.
                    I think that is just a little silly. So you cant take advantage of a loophole and get 700hp gear with no risk, oh no. now you actually have to work for it.

****! work for gear! i dun wanna!
                    Auuar Rey`Han, 75th Warlock of Neriak

Comment

Originally posted by Sarnath Creed View Post
                      I think that is just a little silly. So you cant take advantage of a loophole and get 700hp gear with no risk, oh no. now you actually have to work for it.

****! work for gear! i dun wanna!
                      Actually, for those of us who tradeskill, WE have always worked our "little hiney's off" to get where we are and to be able to make nice things. There's a tremendously high frustration level that can accompany tradeskilling, after all, and sometimes it takes very little in the way of discouragement to make us just give up the entire game. It's stressful.

All of the confusion and arguing over SoE's possible changes to seals and cultural armor contribute to that stress. We don't know how these unknowns are going to affect tradeskillers, our products, or the demand for our products.

Over the years SoE has gotten a bad reputation for using the "nerf bat" on many different things. Each time people have quit playing as a result. Playing a game is supposed to be enjoyable, and even relaxing. Any time it results instead in increasing stress for anyone, it's time to give it up. Real life is stressful enough all by itself.

I think that's really the message SoE needs to understand. Only high end raiders really play the game for the adrenaline rush, and thrive on things that would give most of us too much additional stress. ...

... Like we as a community are probably giving to Ngreth in bunches lately with our reactions to certain changes and proposed changes.

Comment

I have to agree that I thought it sounded silly too. You are right Kemie that you should only play this game as long as it is enjoyable, but this proposed change has not even happened. I think the amount of responses they are getting will have some effect on their decision and that they are re-evaluating the situation, I hope.

If you get stressed out because SoE is proposing a change, then maybe you should cancel your accounts because you are in the wrong game. This game is constantly changing and evolving. I worry how people are managing in their real lives with jobs, school, family, friends, etc if this game has THAT much influence over them.

As to the topic of this thread, is there a way to put the recommended (hopefully not required) level on the gems themselves and not the metal? If those are the primary sources of the stat increases. Also, it would mean that you do not have to make a new ring, or earring, just get a better gem that is harder to obtain to place in the setting.
                        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Aldier View Post
                          As to the topic of this thread, is there a way to put the recommended (hopefully not required) level on the gems themselves and not the metal? If those are the primary sources of the stat increases. Also, it would mean that you do not have to make a new ring, or earring, just get a better gem that is harder to obtain to place in the setting.
                          It's really easy and not too expensive to switch out the gems to a new setting as well though, and personally I'd appreciate the level on the metal. LOL

I initially handed my alt jewelry in velium settings - a variety of taaffeite, harmonagate and prestidigitase I had stocked up. When I was able to get some dwerium enchanted I made her new settings and she switched them out. The old settings were not "no trade" but she's saved them anyway just in case.

Since it's the metal that affects what percentage of a stone's stats one receives, it would make more sense for any recommended level to be assigned there.

Comment

I was thinking more on the lines of the Harmonagate and Taaffeite would be where I would think recommended levels would be appropriate, but now thinking about it, you are probably right and the metal is the better place for it since that truely determines the power of the item.
                            Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                            Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I have been thinking it may be "both"

Where there is a lower level on the metals, to not affect some of the lower powered gems as much, and then some of the really powerful gems may get a recommended level on them. And then the formula will take the highest between the gem and the metal on a per gem basis (since these are scripted this can be done unlike the in game system that always takes the highest of all things)

None of this has been decided at this point though. So please no "freaking out" yet lets see what we do decide on first.
                              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                              Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200
                              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

As someone with no desire to farm the baz, and no ability to get the high end gem drops on my own... yet... I would welcome a break to lower metal JC, say anything that doesn't require an AA? With the cavet that you don't get the full effect of the super duper gems so the rings are never over powered for lower level players.

I still hate rec levels on stuff, if I can make it I want to be able to wear it, but this sounds like a fairish plan. (I mean, even at the lowest level you'll still get +8DS etc which is {valleygirl}like...totally awesome{/valleygirl} if you want it)
                                I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Working...
                                X