This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plainswalker's Treant Laminated Bow

There is a post on EQ Outrider stating that this bow is being removed at the next patch. Has anyone else heard info on this.

http://eqoutrider.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589

I say good riddance. It was a disappointment anyway since the other is a better bow in the grand scheme.

Comment

I'm guessing they're taking it out because it's a very powerful bow that's relatively easy to assemble. It compares to the Bow of the Tempest from the Plane of Time gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Zolina
        I'm guessing they're taking it out because it's a very powerful bow that's relatively easy to assemble. It compares to the Bow of the Tempest from the Plane of Time gods.
        That doesn't make sense, since they are leaving the multi class version in, which has the same ratio and a lifetap proc. The only difference in the ranger only version is 20hp/1ft/a few odd stats and saves.

The trivial for the staff you use is 408, cams require high tinkering and drops/spawns from devastation, and straight treant staffs aren't all that common. I have made 5, but that's with access to a gm tinkerers service and around 14 hours spent across the weekend gathering components. And it's still an inferior ranged item compared to common drops across the last expansion, there's no reason to take this out.
        Xodar - Tribunal server
        Bhur Gcairde
        Blacksmithing 285 M3 +8%, Baking 269 M3+8%, Tailoring 262 M3+8%, Fletching 300 M3+12%, Brewing 255 M3+8%, Jewelry 300 M3 +12%, Pottery 300 M3+12%

Comment

Any possibility you could either confirm or deny these rumors Ngreth? It would be much appreciated.

If it is true, will all plainswalkers bows remain or will they convert to the regular form?

Comment

I would really like to know also, my ranger is now carrying the plainswalker, it would be extremely dissapointing, and nerve-racking to have the bow to disappear and have nothing. I noticed today that the ground spawns are renamed and do not work in the combines the way they were written, why change it now, it's already gone live, and now take it away from us? Please, someone explain what's going on?

maybe a sad lil ranger lol

Comment

Ok I spoke with Ngreth about it in game and this is more or less what he told me.

*The bow will NOT disapear, but it will change
              *Name is getting changed
              *No longer Ranger only
              *HP being reduced a bit
              *Gaining a type 7 aug slot

That's what he flat out said, this is what I gathered from the conversation but it may or may not happen.

*Possable recipe change (he mentioned not to hoard items)

Comment

the bow and tempest are irrelevant nowadays, time was several expansions ago.

taking the one good receipe away seems really wierd. the only people who have bows in range slots are rangers, the only rangers who have bows in range slot dont have either the aas/gear/weapons to beat bow dps.

given that smithing and tailoring can make gm armour which can have more hps than raid dropped armour, why is fletching getting beaten up?

what was the point of making a Grandmaster Fletchingtrophy? 345 skill is useless if there isnt anything to aspire to make?
                Ueauvan aka Judge U
                Tunare via Drinal

Comment

I think Overall you will be happy with the changes. There will be bows even better than the current bows. So imagine it as a step beyond the Plainswalker.

I just don't want to go into details because I do not want hoarding and I do not want price gouging. I warn against hoarding because you could end up hoarding something that ends up being adjusted down.

If there is to be "Hoarding" I would hoard the supplies, not the bows themselves. But I leave that up to you guys.
                  Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                  Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200
                  Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Ngreth,

Will you be adjusting the bows already in Game. Or will they stay as are. The reason I ask is that I currently equip the Plainswalker.

Thanks.

PS. Really appreciate the clarification, for an Ogre your not a bad guy

Comment

Yes, curently bows will be ajusted.

This Is why I advise against hoarding current bows.

But then, with a slot 7, you can add a HP augment and get more HP on it than before anyway.
                      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                      Grandmaster Smith 250
                      Master Tailor 200

Comment

Thanks appreciate the rapid response.

See everyone the Devs are really cool peeps.

Comment

Ngreth, appreciate what your saying but i think you dont realise how small the market is for bows. so we get 1 or 2 super tradeable bows with a target market of level 70 rangers who dont have better melee weapons. so you are looking at sub qvic rangers with less than 200 aas

if there was a gm bow with 3 slots like the armour or an arrow with 3 slots then that would be useful

hoarding etc isnt a problem, im guessing most of us who are making these bows wont need them or the money

the tradeskill is basically useless, the devs have already said they think archery is overpowered and its currently 60-65% of melee dps with comparable gear. long term the only recipient of these bows will be the tribute master unless they are actually useful

archery mods are useless as a 70 ranger thats been agreed, whether its 5% or 10% it doesnt have any affect.
                          Ueauvan aka Judge U
                          Tunare via Drinal

Comment

i actually mistyped the hps bit. stats alone are irrelevant unless they match a gm piece of armour so any 70 can drop in any 3 augs. one type 7 slot is possibly 50 hps for most from DoN except the augs dont go in range. By all means have a type 7 but have a type 11 and 12 too
                            Ueauvan aka Judge U
                            Tunare via Drinal

Comment

Well... you COULD wait until you see the new bows before you go "Doom and Gloom" . But if assuming the worst makes you feel better. Go for it!
                              Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Working...
                              X