New Oracle Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Oracle Quest

For as far as I can tell now, the new quest has indeed gone live.

Besides the Oracle of K'Arnon and the Guardian of K'Arnon, there is now a third NPC on the island, next to the Guardian, named Assistant Jeyular.

I am Apprehensive to all three on my Cleric (I killed the Oracle once, a long time ago, to get his Robe for my Enchanter try-out), and the Oracle refuses to talk to me. When I hail him, he says "Your reputation precedes you. You are no friend to the Dark Bargainers."

The assistant, when hailed, only says "Yes?."

I ported my Druid there and she is indifferent to them. I ran through the quest dialog of the Oracle, but he still says the same as he always has, regarding his quest info. He only seeks the two Tomes he always asked for and tells me he has no need for the others.

When I hailed the assistant, I got the same reply as above, just a "Yes?."

The Guardian provided no information whatsoever, other than that I would die if I harmed the Oracle.

Anyone with more info on what to say to the Assistant?

Kaysha Soulsinger
    Member of the 1750 club since October 13th 2004
    True strength is not a measure of the body, it's a measure of the soul

NEW Oracle Quest

[Thu Oct 09 11:37:02 2003] You say, 'Hail, Oracle of K`Arnon'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:37:02 2003] Oracle of K`Arnon says 'Greetings, Zandorian, I am the Oracle of K'Arnon. Do you quest for [knowledge] yourself, or do you offer that which I [seek]?'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:37:15 2003] You say, 'what knowledge'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:37:15 2003] Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I have lived long and have insight into many matters, yet I despise charity. To learn from me, you must first bring me that which I [seek].'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:37:30 2003] You say, 'what seek'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:37:30 2003] Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I seek knowledge, which is superior to all things. And no knowledge is greater than that which is contained within the [Tome of Ages].'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:37:51 2003] You say, 'what tome of ages'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:37:51 2003] Oracle of K`Arnon says 'The Tome of Ages has been compiled over the millennia by the Scribes of [Dal]. It was divided into seven distinct books by the scribes to keep the knowledge from one such as me. That said, with aid, I shall unite these books and the Tome of Ages shall be mine.'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:38:01 2003] You say, 'what dal'
    [Thu Oct 09 11:38:02 2003] Oracle of K`Arnon says 'They were elves once, but now are Teir'Dal, and as evil as they are wise. Many tomes have they written, but none greater than the Tome of Ages.'

Comment

He has always given this quest information, this isn't new, sorry to say ...

Kaysha Soulsinger

Comment

There is, however, a new NPC standing very close to the Oracle. (He is actually just a little north of the oracle just past the Guardian who has always been there.) His name is Assistant Jeyular and he's green to me at 60. He seems to be on the same faction as the Oracle and his guardian, and when hailed, even by a KOS person he responds merely by asking, "Yes?" and nothing else.
        Uncle Shmoozo
        "Some of you may remember me ... "

Comment

I am there now =)

I suspect there is a key phrase printed in the Temple of Sol Ro RPG book that you have to say to this Assistant to trigger his text.

So, anyone with the book have any ideas?

Edit: They did this with one of the earlier books. There's a mob named Ssynthi behind the crypt in Mistmoore. He has a quest associated with him, but the only way to start the quest is to say a key phrase from the RPG -- there are no in-game clues as to what you should say. Only that exact phrase would trigger his response.
          Last edited by KyrosKrane; 10-09-2003, 11:07 AM.
          Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
          Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
          Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
          Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

apologies for the dumb question, but what zone are these people located in?

Comment

They can be found in the Ocean of Tears. When you enter from the Freeport side, get off the boat at the island of the Sisters of Erollisi. They will be on the island across the sea, at the other side of the boat when looking at the docked boat from the docks there.

The full quest text of the original quest can be found on Allakhazam's for instance, and reads this:

You say, 'Hail, Oracle of K`Arnon'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'Greetings, Ghek, I am the Oracle of K'Arnon. Do you quest for [knowledge] yourself, or do you offer that which I [seek]?

You say, 'What about knowledge?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I have lived long and have insight into many matters, yet I despise charity. To learn from me, you must first bring me that which I [seek].

You say, 'What do you seek?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I seek knowledge, which is superior to all things. And no knowledge is greater than that which is contained within the [Tome of Ages].

You say, 'What is the Tome of Ages?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'The Tome of Ages has been compiled over the millennia by the Scribes of [Dal]. It was divided into seven distinct books by the scribes to keep the knowledge from one such as me. That said, with aid, I shall unite these books and the Tome of Ages shall be mine.

You say, 'What about the Dal?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'They were elves once, but now are Teir'Dal, and as evil as they are wise. Many tomes have they written, but none greater than the Tome of Ages.

You say, 'What about the Book of Ages?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'The seven Books that make up the Tome of Ages are those of Enlightenment, Scale, Turmoil, Monuments, Elders, Blood, and the Lost Book. Each of these great books is an important chapter in the history of Norrath. If ever you find one of these books, bring it to me.

You say, 'What about the Book of Enlightenment?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I do not seek the Book of Enlightenment at this time, but I might have need of it in the future.

You say, 'What about the Book of Scale?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'Ah, the Book of Scale.. It would be wondrous indeed if you could recover the Book of Scale for me. If you do manage to procure the Book of Scale, I will gladly part with an artifact of my own that may be of interest to you.'

Giving him the Book of Scale nets you Miragul's Phylactery, used in the Fiery Avenger quest, a subquest for the Paladin epic.

You say, 'What about the Book of Turmoil?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'Ah, yes! The Book of Turmoil. I seek this book, and should you find it and return it to me, I will reward you with secret knowledge.

You say, 'What about the Book of Monuments?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I do not seek the Book of Monuments at this time, but I might have need of it in the future.

You say, 'What about the Book of Elders?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I do not seek the Book of Elders at this time, but I might have need of it in the future.

You say, 'What about the Book of Blood?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I do not seek the Book of Blood at this time, but I might have need of it in the future.

You say, 'What about the Lost Book?'

Oracle of K`Arnon says 'I do not seek the Lost Book at this time, but I might have need of it in the future.
              This text has not been changed in the patch, I personally verified this.

Kaysha Soulsinger

Comment

So it looks like they did not reset the faction, great, and I bet there is no way to fix it. Thanks VI.

Comment

Not so hasty, Thunderheart .

I think the Assistant is involved in the quest, not the Oracle himself, by the looks of it.

Kaysha Soulsinger

Comment

So basically it's a cheesy way to force people to buy the pencil and paper EQ RPG in order to figure out the phrases for uber quests in regular EQ.

Nice.
                    Venerable Velisaris Groovenhymer
                    Archon of Quellious
                    Maelin Starpyre server
                    ---------------------------
                    Funny...I don't *feel* balanced.

Comment

Try "what Tome of Miragul?"
                      Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
                      Tailor (300)
                      Brewer (300)
                      Baker (300)
                      Jewelcrafter (297)
                      Potter (251)
                      Smith (251)
                      Fletcher (235)

Comment

but of course

Originally posted by Velisaris
                        So basically it's a cheesy way to force people to buy the pencil and paper EQ RPG in order to figure out the phrases for uber quests in regular EQ.

Nice.
                        SOE has gotten better at shameless marketing ploys (200)!

Comment

no no, you just go to the store and look through the book till you find what you need.

unless they are sold in plastic wrap. then I would /scowl. Been /scowling a lot lately...

http://www.vgcats.com/vgc_comics/?strip_id=11
                          I've read many webcomics, I've read this one, and personally, this instance of this comics is about the only one worth remembering from this comic. HOWEVER, it IS worth remembering. ^_^

Just in case you're wondering, my boyfriend is the cat in the blue jacket. The pink cat is what he wishes I were. ^_^

-- Sanna
                          Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
                          Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
                          Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
                          Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
                          [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
                          Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

Originally posted by Velisaris

Nice.
                            LOL - my plat is hoping that this simply results in folks hitting all of the comic shops and leafing through the EQ RPG books non-stop - with enough damage being done to the books and enough annoyance at players just hanging around trying to find thier info, hopefully this will backfire and cause shops to stop carrying the books.
                            Cigarskunk!
                            No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

Seems kind of silly to me. Within a week or so, most of the required text would be posted somewhere on the web.

Comment

Working...
                              X