No announcement yet.

Spoilerish info from TSS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, yes, IIRC they can be researched...although now I can't remember....sorry about that...
    Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
    Silky Moderator Lady
    Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Frontallobe
      I did not see the traps spells on the LDoN list. Will the LDoN spells series for Iony's, Reebo's, Wuggan's, and Xalirilan's be researchable too?
      I HOPE SO! Researching these is one of the things I am looking forward to.

Comment

With LDoN spells being tradable now, how rare will RGC continue to be? Most of the people I know in game have a lot of LDoN points banked. So now anyone that has a significant amount of LDoN points saved will just be able to buy several copies of RGC and sell them in the bazaar?

Thanks

Comment

The scroll for RGC from LDoN is not the same as the researchable scroll. Most likely they just won't make that one tradeable.

Comment

I am pretty sure there is a difference between the researchable scrolls and the LDoN sold scrolls for all of the LDoN spells, to keep people from making LDoN points through research.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobaten
              I am pretty sure there is a difference between the researchable scrolls and the LDoN sold scrolls for all of the LDoN spells, to keep people from making LDoN points through research.
              Actually, they made them worthless to the vendor as far as the patch message says.

Comment

Lost Dungeons of Norrath and Omens of Wars spells have become tradable. Additionally, Lost Dungeons of Norrath spells will have no token sellback value to NPCs.
                I agree your sentiments. The reason I asked is because the patch message mentioned nothing about tradeable versions being the researched only scrolls.

I believe I read somewhere else on these boards that the OOW rune turn ins would be tradable as well. This is basically the same theory.

It seems to me that if researchable spells were the only ones that were tradable, there would be no reason to remove sellback values on the existing ones. Unless I read that wrong and it only refers to the researched spells.
                Last edited by Sophie; 09-19-2006, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravanta Suffer
                  I doubt it. Specifically because RGC was not included in the new LDoN recipes. (noone is surprised at this)
                  I was surprised (and honestly a little disappointed ... but respect the devs decision.)

Originally posted by Frontallobe
                  I did not see the traps spells on the LDoN list. Will the LDoN spells series for Iony's, Reebo's, Wuggan's, and Xalirilan's be researchable too?
                  Yes they will be. (Although i dont agree with the recipe )

Originally posted by Qaladar Bragollach
                  The scroll for RGC from LDoN is not the same as the researchable scroll. Most likely they just won't make that one tradeable.
                  Hmm... i didnt check that in Beta ... but I doubt that they singled out that one spell to keep no trade. Ill have to check that out when i get on.

As for the researched LDON / OoW spells, they are infact the same ones from vendor / Rune turn ins. So you should be able to buy spells from LDON merchants with your banked points then sell or give away those spells. At least thats the way it was early in beta. I didnt check that towards the end of beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Eanelder
                    Hmm... i didnt check that in Beta ... but I doubt that they singled out that one spell to keep no trade. Ill have to check that out when i get on.
                    They made the RGC spell on the LDoN vendors no-trade in order to stop people from simply buying it with points and selling it in the bazaar. ( http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=36011 )

Then they have the RGC which is still researchable, using the older research recipe, and that one is tradeable. ( http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=19522 )

We will have to see if they bother doing the same with all the new LDoN spells.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacatac
                      They made the RGC spell on the LDoN vendors no-trade in order to stop people from simply buying it with points and selling it in the bazaar. ( http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=36011 )
                      Did you check that during beta?

Comment

Confirmed from a friend that bought RGC from LDON camp, it is indeed NO TRADE. However, it appears that most others are tradable.

Comment

I may have accidentally made the LDoN RGC trade-able. If I did I will go back and re-set it.

Item numbers are a semi limited resource... so duplicating 356 items just to have a trade-able and non trade-able version was not something we wanted to do. So instead we did the other change.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                          Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200
                          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie
                            Confirmed from a friend that bought RGC from LDON camp, it is indeed NO TRADE. However, it appears that most others are tradable.
                            ok. missed this.

I will check and make sure it can still be sold back.
                            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                            Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200
                            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Anyone know where the vellums are dropping for the lvl 70 research spells yet?

Comment

Bit confused to see paper entering the market. Does this mean we are going to be able to make lvl 71+ spells by research within THIS expansion, or they will be usable in later expansions, in which case why are they dropping now?
                                Ysall - EMarr - lvl 70 Ench
                                2400+54 Club (7 x Core Tradeskills + Research)
                                Max Tradeskills AA + Max Salvage - When I combine something, it stays combined, except when it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X