X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maevenniia
    started a topic Spoilerish info from TSS

Spoilerish info from TSS

There will be 3 new Spell Research books available. I am not transcribing the exact text of the books here. Using the Systematic Research system introduced in DoDh, plus the new hides or parchments, we will be able to research LDoN and OoW spells.

Systematic Spell Research: Hides

Systematic Spell Research Addedum: Paper

Systematic Spell Research: Summoned

LDoN spells:

Basically, there are 10 types of "Raw" hides (they will be mob drops, ex: Raw Stiff Hides dropped off the bunnies in the newb meadow, that can be treated in 5 different ways to create different grades of hide. There are 10 different vendor-sold "___ Hide Solution"s, that are used alone or in conjunction with Celestial Solvent or Lye and/or a Skinning Knife to treat the hides.

The 10 hides in ascending order of "importance" (ie from lowest to highest) are:

Raw Stiff Hide
    Raw Crude Hide
    Raw Rough Hide
    Raw Hide
    Raw Fine Hide
    Raw Supple Hide
    Raw Runic Hide
    Raw Fine Runic Hide
    Raw Supple Runic Hide
    Raw Fine Supple Runic Hide

The 10 solutions that are already on the Live vendors are:

Stiff Hide Solution
    Crude Hide Solution
    Rough Hide Solution
    Hide Solution
    Fine Hide Solution
    Supple Hide Solution
    Runic Hide Solution
    Fine Runic Hide Solution
    Supple Runic Hide Solution
    Fine Supple Runic Hide Solution

The 5 treatments are as follows:

(plain) "___" Hide = Raw "___" Hide + "____" Hide Solution

Cleaned "___" Hide = Raw "___" Hide + "____" Hide Solution + Celestial Solvent

Prepared "___" Hide = Raw "___" Hide + "____" Hide Solution + Lye

Smooth "___" Hide = Raw "___" Hide + "____" Hide Solution + Celestial Solvent + Skinning Knife

Pristine "___" Hide = Raw "___" Hide + "____" Hide Solution + Lye + Skinning Knife

nb: Skinning Knife is returned on success or failure.
    Last edited by Maevenniia; 09-15-2006, 04:34 PM.

• Neebat
    replied
    Hrmmm... I dunno, maybe there's a danger of flooding the market for the spell? I don't see it, but I was just trying to flesh out the database here on EQTraders. When I get to making spells and see that there's one not listed here, I tend to give it a shot even if I don't care at all about having the result. Now I've got this parchment...

Leave a comment:

• Eanelder
    replied
    I noticed this same thing on Friday and checked the "Spells to verify" list that Ngreth posted on the BETA forums. Remove Curse was not listed, which I guess means there was no reciepe.

I think Remove Greater Curse stole all the thunder and thats probably why no one noticed Remove Curse was missing earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Qaladar Bragollach
    replied
    That was a LDoN spell but it was also already a mob dropped spell... it may have been overlooked.

Please any (ogre) dev who happens to read this... if it was overlooked and you decide in your wisdom to add a recipe for it. There are 2 versions of the spell scroll. One drops off the greath saprophyte dude (in echo caverns). The version that is purchased from LDoN camp is still tagged no drop according to lucy.

Leave a comment:

• Neebat
    replied
    Smooth Fine Runic + XYZ = Remove Curse?

According to everything I can see, we should be able to research this LDoN spell:

Remove Curse
    Classes: CLR/38 PAL/45 DRU/38 SHM/38

From what Maevenniia said, this should use a Smooth Fine Runic Hide.

Using the recipe from the Spell: Remove Lesser Curse
    + Ameliorating Thickener
    + Ink Additive of the Nameless
    + Ink of Terris Thule
    + Quill of the Storm Warden
    + Smooth Fine Hide

I substituted the Smooth Fine Runic Hide. DNC
    Well, clerics can use it, substitute Quill of the Archon. DNC
    I guess shamans too, substitute Quill of the Prophet. DNC
    Oh, yeah, if all three can use it, substitute Quill of the Divine. DNC
    Well, maybe since it can remove TWO curses, add another Ink of Terris Thule. DNC
    Repeat with all the quills listed above. DNC

Gah! What's up? Now since this is the only level 38 spell, I've got this parchment...

Leave a comment:

• Rawlden
    replied
    So now that I have a bag full of Smooth ____ Hides, what are they good for?

Leave a comment:

• Floosy
    replied
    Bump

This is valuable and handy info. Could we make Maevenniia's first 5 posts in this thread a sticky?

F.

Leave a comment:

• Zacatac
    replied
    Originally posted by Xodar
    In order to make these spells we need to get our researcher Runic Vellum and Fine Runic Vellum as the difficult to obtain parts for OoW spells?
    Sooty Fine Runic Vellum & Shabby Runic Vellum are the raw drop pieces.

Leave a comment:

• Xodar
    replied
    Just to clarify for someone like me without the research skill, hehe...

As a guild we funnel our parches and such to one person, and she has had great success in raising her research skill along with making many spells for people. We have a few level 70 spells mains need yet, as well as hoping to kit out alts. In order to make these spells we need to get our researcher Runic Vellum and Fine Runic Vellum as the difficult to obtain parts for OoW spells? (and I qualify that, since I know some other parts are difficult, but there are advantages to having a guild of ts'ing packrats funnel you components hehe, we're gtg on things like gargoyle dust).

Leave a comment:

• Maevenniia
    replied
    nope, I don't

Leave a comment:

• marmaladeX
    replied
    I may be behind on the times, but someone's question about TSS spells being researchable...

Think the Rank 1 of the two new Banes for wizards are researchable?

Leave a comment:

• Ravanta Suffer
    replied
    There are runes that drop in ashengate that you can turn into an NPC at the ashengate zoneline (he's right outside the first door, off to the right, in a little divot) called something along the lines of korkimlak the gold.

If the actual rank 3 spells do drop, I've not seen them yet, but that quest turn in does work.

Leave a comment:

• Xislaben
    replied
    This may be a silly question, but are any TSS spells current researchable?

I only ask because it's been a week and some (not talking about tier 4/ancients) remain undiscovered.

So they're either quested and nobody knows where/how, or droped and not seen yet, or maybe just maybe made with research?

Leave a comment:

• Ngreth Thergn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nathorout
    Hm, i haveŽnt found an NPC, but i have an idea because i saw here one recipe:

celestial cleanser, runic paper solution, smudged runic parchment --> runic paper

why convert an parchment in an paper...
    i remember that a player can play only in TSS-Zones without having a need to leave. if he is an researcher, he can research spells up to lvl 49 with hides of all sorts, then he can use spell scrolls for research for 50-55, for 56+ he can use the papyrus for this spells to lvl 60, lvl 66 - 70 he can use the vellum-scrolls and lvl71+ he can buy.
    but what is with spells lvl61-65 ? has someone seen parchments dropping in TSS ? If yes, my idea is wrong ;-)
    I no, i think, the papers are the TSS-version of the DoDh/PoR-parchments.

unfortunatly i am on AB and like many other player there i have problems with loggin in/crashes thats why i cant verify my idea.

but perhaps somebody would test ist ? ;-)

Nathorout
    Haus Nubi' s Arcanum
    <antonius bayle>
    I meant the secrets of the making the spells with that paper.
    Sure with systematic research it is not a "secret" but since the recipes are not in game, might as well call it a "secret" to explain it away

Leave a comment:

• Nathorout
    replied
    Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn
    .. even if the NPC have not yet given away the "secret" ?
    Hm, i have&#180;nt found an NPC, but i have an idea because i saw here one recipe:

celestial cleanser, runic paper solution, smudged runic parchment --> runic paper

why convert an parchment in an paper...
    i remember that a player can play only in TSS-Zones without having a need to leave. if he is an researcher, he can research spells up to lvl 49 with hides of all sorts, then he can use spell scrolls for research for 50-55, for 56+ he can use the papyrus for this spells to lvl 60, lvl 66 - 70 he can use the vellum-scrolls and lvl71+ he can buy.
    but what is with spells lvl61-65 ? has someone seen parchments dropping in TSS ? If yes, my idea is wrong ;-)
    I no, i think, the papers are the TSS-version of the DoDh/PoR-parchments.

unfortunatly i am on AB and like many other player there i have problems with loggin in/crashes thats why i cant verify my idea.

but perhaps somebody would test ist ? ;-)

Nathorout
    Haus Nubi' s Arcanum
    <antonius bayle>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X