X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super simple and not too bad

Hokay this quick meal has served me very well:

1 can of tuna (whatever style you prefer)
    1 can (condensed) Campbells cream of mushroom soup
    However much rice you want of whatever variety (I like Basmati ^^)
    1 small can of sliced mushrooms (optional)

Drain the tuna

Add to a small pot; 1 can tuna, 1 can soup, 2/3d soup can of water, and mushrooms.

Mix thoroughly and heat to a simmer, stirring regularly.

Serve over cooked rice, and add salt to taste. Add more or less water to desired thickness and more or less rice.
    Kuronekosama Nyaoo
    Xegony Server

Comment

We're famous!

http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/real_life.htm

/giggle
      December 2000 - July 2003

Comment

I'm a little bit Cajun, so I have a good Gumbo dish for ya! Cheap to make and very warm and filling.

Ubercyrus' Barbarian Gumbo

•1 cup oil (needed if you’re making your roux)
        •1 cup flour (needed if you’re making your roux)
        •1 large onions, chopped (needed if you’re making your roux)
        •5 quarts cold water
        •1 bay leave
        •2 tablespoons Creole (Tony Chachere's) seasoning, or to taste
        •1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
        •Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
        •1 large whole chicken (6-8lbs) (For you sportsman out there Duck works the same)
        •2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1/2" pieces (Andouille is best, but Venison works as well)
        •½ cup chopped scallions (green onions), tops only
        •2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley

In a large, heavy pot, season the chicken with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning and brown quickly. Brown the sausage, pour off fat. Cover meat with approx. 5 quarts of cold water. Add dried thyme, bay leave and bring to boil and let simmer for 20-30mins. Lower heat to “warm” and remove chicken from stock. Pull chicken from the bone and return meat to stock. (You can add carrots and other aromatic veggies to the stock if you wish)

In a large, heavy pan, heat the oil and cook the flour in the oil over medium to high heat, stirring constantly, until the roux (pronounced ROO)reaches a dark reddish-brown color (color of coffee or milk chocolate for a Cajun-style roux). DO NOT LET BURN! It will ruin your pan and make the roux very, very bitter. If you prefer a more New Orleans-style roux (or just don’t have the guts to try for a Cajun roux), cook to a medium, peanut-butter color, over lower heat. Add the onions and stir quickly. This cooks the onions and also stops the roux from cooking further. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes. (You can skip this process and buy your roux if you'd like. Many southern US stores now carry decent brands.)

Add the roux to the chicken and sausage stock. Bring to a boil, then cook for about one hour, skimming fat off the top as needed. Add the chopped scallion tops and parsley (and additional salt and pepper to taste), and heat for 5 minutes.

Serve over rice in large bowls. Makes about 12 bowl servings.

Ubercyrus Forbeis
        Shaman of Clan X
        "Grace me Guide!" - Clan Forbeis Motto

Comment

I know how to cook exactly two things:

Chicken and Dumplings:

Ingredients:
          one to two pounds of boneless chicken, cut into bitesize pieces (I prefer all white meat), depending on what ratio of dumplings to chicken you like.
          1 1/2 cups flour
          one egg yolk
          one tablespoon (or less, depending on taste) of dried diced onion, or equivalent of fresh
          1/16 tsp of white pepper
          Pot of beef bouillon, made three bouillon cubes to a quart of water
          1 cup of beef broth

I suggest starting to bring your large pot of bouillon to boil before anything else. It should be a deep pot, since these are going to be drop dumplings.

Brown the onions and chicken. Reduce the heat. If there's still a problem with burning, scoop broth from the pot into the pan to help.

Mix the flour, white pepper, egg yolk and a cup of hot beef broth. The consistancy should be pretty thick. Drop the dough into the pot of boiling beef broth with moistened teaspoons. When they float to the top, scoop them off and add them to the pan with the chicken and onions. Continue til all the dough is gone. Cover the pan, and let sit on low heat for about ten minutes to firm the dumplings.

Serves 2-4, depending on hunger.

I'll post the other one later.

Comment

Hey hey if you can make "chicken and dumplings" as well as another one that qualifies as 3 in my book
            December 2000 - July 2003

Comment

Just to let you all know, I'm not through working on this, still have plenty more to go. Had a router burn out on me, and a system crash, but everything is up and running now.
              http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=344207Sikle Bellamorte, 56 Defilerhttp://pub238.ezboard.com/bthepowderroom77512The Powder Room-Real Women DO Play Everquest

Comment

ok I have a ton of great recipies. So here goes with just a few of the best & my personal favorites .....

Beef in Guinness

2/3 lb Beef, cubed
                1/2 cup Flour, seasoned
                Oil; for frying
                2 Onion; sliced
                4 Garlic clove; minced
                3 Carrot; sliced
                1 tsp Parsley; minced
                1/2 tsp Thyme
                Salt; to taste
                Pepper; to taste
                Beef broth
                24 oz Guinness

Dip beef in flour and coat on all sides. Brown in oil, in batches and remove to heat proof pot or casserole. Saute onions and garlic in same oil and add to beef. Add carrots, parsley and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Pour enough beef broth to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Lift meat, onions and carrots from pot to serving plate with slotted spoon. Over high heat, reduce sauce to half the original volume. Pour sauce over meat and serve.

Boysenberry Glaze Wild Turkey

This recipe is a little time consuming but well worth the wait. This recipe is another holiday favorite in our house.

Ingredients

1 10-12 lb. wild turkey
                2 tablespoons salt
                1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
                1 teaspoon ground cumin
                1/2 teaspoon rosemary leaves, crushed
                1/2 teaspoon dill weed
                1/2 teaspoon tarragon leaves, crushed
                1 bay leaf, crushed
                1/2 cup butter
                1 tablespoon flour
                1 tablespoon honey
                1/4 cup red wine

Boysenberry glaze
                1 cup orange juice
                1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
                1 cup boysenberry jelly
                1/2 cup sugar

Mix salt, ginger, and cumin, rub throughout inside and outside of turkey. Place turkey in a
                non-metalic container to marinate overnight. Remove tumetallicd let stand at room temperature for 1
                hour. Combine remaining herbs, rub turkey inside and out with butter then herb mixture.

Tuck drumsticks under tail, fold wings across back of bird. Place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan,
                breast side up. Combine flour, honey, and wine, mix well. Baste turkey with this mixture. Bake at 325
                degrees for 1 hour or until the bird begins to brown, reduce to 300 degrees and bake for 4 hours or
                when the meat registers 185 degrees on a meat thermometer. Baste the turkey every 20 minutes.

When the turkey is almost done prepare the boysenberry glaze. In a saucepan heat orange juice,
                slowly add cornstarch stirring constantly, mixing well. Stir in jelly and sugar, simmer until thickened,
                stirring often. Remove from heat and cool.

When the turkey is done remove to a platter and generously brush with the glaze. ENJOY!

This recipe goes well with all the traditional holiday favorites.

"Dirty Bird" Seasoning

1/4 tsp ground black pepper
                1/4 tsp onion powder
                1/4 tsp season salt
                1/4 tsp garlic powder

Take piects of Chicken or Turkey(with skin on)and loosen the skin, DO NOT REMOVE THE SKIN. Mix spices and then rub them liberally under the skin. Replace the skin, and lightly dust skin with spice mix as well. Allow Chicken or Turkey to marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Then prepare as usual. (Bake, grill, broil,etc).

Poultry will look as if it has been drug down a dirt road for 50 miles, thus the name, "Dirty Bird". It makes the juiciest poultry I have ever had. Enjoy.

German Potato Pancakes

6 medium potatoes, shreaded or chopped finely
                1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic minced finely
                flour ( all purpose)
                1 egg
                salt & pepper
                medium onion, minced or 1/tspsp onion powder

Skin and prepare potatoes, then place in large mixing bowl. Add egg, salt & pepper (to taste), garlic powder & onion/powder. Mix thoroughly. Add flour until mixture is "sticky" .

In Large skillet heat cooking oil or lard ( about 1/4 inch deep when hot). By large serving spoon, drop potatoe mixture into hot skillet and press to 1/4 inch thickness (approximate). Brown, and place pancakes even on a cookie cooler on a cookie/tart sheet to drain, at 150 degrees ( to keep warm). This takes about 5 min to drain thoroughly. Serve hot with butter, applebutter, sourcream, or plain.

Yield : about 2 dozen pancakes.

Vi's "Versitile" Willd Game Meat Marinade ~ my RL Grandmothers concoction but is really yummy ~

Ingredients

6 Granny Smith Apples, quartered & cored
                1 large Vadallia Onion, quartered
                2-3 cups Water
                1 tsp Dill
                1 tsp Rosemary
                1 tsp Marjorum
                2 cloves fresh Garlic, cracked, peeled and quartered
                dash of salt & black pepper

(option ~ 1 cup red or white wine (vennisen, antelope, moose, mountain goat, caribou, bear, squirrel = Red Wine ~ wild turkey, quail, grouse, pheasant, goose, duck, dove, partridge, rattlesnake, frog, turtle, squirrel = white Wine ~ wild boar, rabbit either.)

In large sauce pan (Cast Iron is best), combine all ingredients & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and reduce sauce/marinade by half. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.

Place Marinade & meat of choice in large container, seal, and place in refridgerator for at least 4 hours (no more than 24 hrs).

Meat preparation: Clean meat (minimal fat), or dress meat first.

Grilling & Broiling - drain meat from marinade, then grill.

Roasting - may be done with or without marinade.

Sauteed - remove meat from marinade & brown in sauce pan. Once meat in a light brown return marinade to meat and warm.

"Hot Slaw"

1 Head of cabbage, shredded
                1/8 cup Vinegar (white or distilled is best, but Cider works as well)
                1/2 cup sugar
                2 TBS Butter or Margarine

In Large skillet place butter, then melt over medium heat. Add cabbage, vinegar & sugar and simmer untill cabbage is soft. Serve hot. Good side dish for German or Game food. Serves 6 (1 cup servings).

Maallycious' Unique Spaghetti Saunce

1-1/2 lbs Ground Beef, browned & drained
                1 Medium Onion, finely chopped & sauteed
                1 Can (10 oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup
                2 Cans (15 oz) Tomato Sauce
                1/2 mushroom soup can of Milk
                6 slices American Cheese
                1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (or Parmesan & Romano Mix)
                1 clove Garlic, peeled & minced
                1 TBS Italian Spice mix (Oregano, Basil, Bay)
                1/2 tsp Cilantro
                2 Boulion Cubes, Beef flavor
                Dash of each ~ Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Allspice
                1 TBS Pepsi or Coke
                1/2 TBS Sugar
                1/8 tsp Red Pepper or Cheyenne Pepper

In 2 Quart Sauce pan, combine all ingredients (minus the ground beef & onions), bring to a boil & then reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent the cheese from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan. I have found that using a whisk is the best way to prevent this. While Sauce is simmering, sautee Onions & brown the ground beef. (I use an old fashion potatoe Masher to get the beef into even pieces.) Drain the grease from the ground beef. Once sauce has simmered & cheeses are melted, add the remaining ingredientspotatoir well. Serve over the pasta of your choice.

**The Pepsi/Coke & sugar cut the acidity of the sauce & give it a unique flavor.**

French Waffles

6 Eggs
                2 lb Sugar (4-1/2 cups)
                1 lb Butter
                5 cups Flour
                1/2 can Milk (condenced)
                3 tsp Vanilla
                4 tsp Cinnamon
                1 tsp salt
                3 tsp Baking Powder

Batter ~
                Separates eggs, beat yolks a little and save whites in separate bowl. Soften butter. Cream sugar, condensedilla, yolks & butter together. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
                Beat into mixture the eggs whites, by hand. On low, mix in sifted flour until stiff (spoon should stand in middle of batter).

Use Waffle Iron to make waffles & then top with your favorite topings.

*~* These are "heavy" and will fill up even the biggest eater. And the may be used as a desert waffle because they are sweet. *~*

Cinnamon Discs

1/2 Cup Margarine
                1 tsp. Baking Powder
                1 cup Sugar
                1/4 tsp Salt
                1 Egg, beaten
                1/2 cup Nuts, finely chopped
                1 tsp Vanilla
                2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
                1-1/4 cups Flour

Cream, the margarine and sugar together. Add the egg & vanilla, & mix well. Add the flour which has been sifted with the baking powder & salt. Mold the mixture by the level tablespoons in to balls and roll in a mixture of the chopped nuts & cinnamon. Place on greased baking sheet(s) about 2 inches apart & bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Remove immediately from baking sheets, cool & serve. Yields approximately 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
                ~ Maallycious Quintessence ~

45th Season Innoruukian Dark Elf Shadow Knight
                Proud Officer & Archivist for the Templars of Honor
                Innoruuk Server

Comment

ty so much

i want to thank you for the wonderful rl recipes i plan on trying many (man that doesn't cook well) i also want to thank you so much just for having this site it is a blessing, i don't know where i'd be without you guys.
                  war does not determine who is right,
                  war only determines who is left.
                  may God bless America

Comment

No one is sure of the origins of the following recipie but OMG it rocks... in fact, it hit the chocolate craving my boyfriends' VERY pregnant sister had last christmas (also a great way to suck up to the future in-laws when meeting for first time )

On a big island off the West Coast of Canada, is a fair-sized town called Nanaimo (nah-nigh-moe). Back in the day, it used to be a mining town, and it is rumored that the wives came up with this recipie for taking sweets to their men working so hard =)

These are rare to come by outside of BC, let alone off of Vancouver Island. I have found, though it is featured in the Company's Coming recipie book, and I have found it online in quite a few places. This is my favourite to make, and anyone can make it =) It is VERY sweet, and if you get the 2nd layer creamy enough, it's heavenly =)

Takes about half an hour or less to make.

I thought that I would share the goodness with everyone. Please pass it on!

Nanaimo Bars

Bottom Layer

Butter/margarine ½ cup
                    Granulated Sugar ¼ cup
                    Cocoa 5 tbsp
                    Egg, beaten 1
                    Graham cracker crumbs 1 ¾ cups
                    Fine coconut (or med) ¾ cup
                    Walnuts, finely chopped ½ cup

Second Layer

Butter/margarine ½ cup
                    Milk 3 tbsp
                    Vanilla custard powder 2 tbsp
                    Icing (confection) sugar 2 cups

Third Layer

Semisweet chocolate chips (or 4 squares semisweet chocolate) 2/3 cup
                    Butter/margarine 2 tbsp

Bottom Layer: Slowly melt first 3 ingredients in top of double boiler or in heavy saucepan. Add beaten egg and stir to cook and thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in crumbs, coconut, and nuts. Press firmly into ungreased 9x9 inch (22x22 cm) pan.

Second Layer: Cream butter, milk, custard powder and icing sugar together well. Beat until light. Spread over bottom layer.

Third Layer: Melt chips and butter over low heat (very strong suggestion to NOT use the microwave - messes the taste up). COOL it slightly (if you don’t, it melts into the 2nd layer and doesn't look as clean-cut). When cool but still runny, spread over second layer. Chill in fridge. Use sharp knight to cut. 36 squares.

~It's not the neatest thing to cut, and I've yet to get my 3rd layer to look professional, but if you scraped lines into the 3rd layer (kinda like pre-cut paper), the pieces will turn out much neater.

forget about the calories for a day and enjoy!

edit: and thank you for all these recipies, i'm always looking for stuff to wow my man with since i'm not the world's greatest cook

Comment

Parmesan chicken quick and easy

Wow i love the rl recipies page so i thought i should pass on a few for ya!

This is a realativly easy one, but please bear with me as i do the coating by sight

Ingreadiants:

Chicken Parts (your favorate cut of chicken with or without skin / bone in or boneless)
                      Flour
                      Parmesan cheeze (i find that you can use grated cheeze topping by kraft but you can use what ever you want)
                      1/2 cup of margerine or butter
                      1+ egg
                      Salt, pepper and paprika

Intrustions:

preheat over to 350F

In a small bowl beat the egg so the yolk is mixed with the egg white and put to the side

Mix in a large mixing bowl where you can easly put the chicken in the flour and cheeze in a 1/3 to 2/3 ratio (if you put in 2 cups of parmesan cheeze put in a cup of flour) and then add salt, pepper and paprika to taste (as mutch as you and your guests like)

Take chicken and coat in the beaten egg, then place in the chicken in the flour/cheeze mix.

Place coated chicken on cookie sheet or other handy pan(should have a lip on it, i find cookie/baking sheets work the best).

Melt butter/margerine and then pour over coated chicken parts and haveing a small layer of butter/mergerine in the pan.

Place pan in oven and cook for 20-25 mins or until chicken is done.

The chicken should be a nice golden color.

optional: pour a little bit of your fav spagetti sauce over the chicken just before serving.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to msg me

Harack

P.S. Keep up the good work den mother this site help us out alot!

Comment

recipe

This is my favorite green veggie recipe lately, unfortunately I'm not one of those cooks that uses exact measurements, but this should give you a good general idea. I usually make this in a large non-stick pot.

1/4 lb bacon
                        1 onion
                        4 cloves garlic (optional)
                        2 bunches of greens (mustard or collard)
                        1 cup chicken broth

Wash the greens thoroughly and pat dry. Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in tall non stick pot until browned. While the bacon is frying, chop up the onion and slice the garlic cloves in half. (here you can drain the bacon fat if that is a concern for you) Add chopped onion and peeled garlic cloves to the pot and cook until the onions are translucent. Cut or tear greens into bite sized pieces and add to the pot with chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Serve with bread to sop up the broth! (It's important not to pour off the broth at the end, because that's where all the good stuff is!)
                        Corii Se'Lune
                        Cleric of Quellious
                        Baking: 250 + trophy

Comment

My favourite gaming snack. Something I came up with when there was no more chocolate in the house

3 parts cocoa
                          2 parts vanilla sugar
                          1-1.5 part icing sugar (confectioner's sugar I believe the americans call it)

Blend it in a bowl (I prefer glass bowls), and add enough water to make it fluid (like syrup).
                          Farek Phirewalker
                          Wizard of Solusek Ro
                          Master of Fish Rolls

Comment

Awesome Salsa Recipe

Everyone that has ever tried this recipe loves it. Several of my ex-girlfriends still come to me and ask me to make jars of this stuff for them. WARNING-once you start eating this on a regular basis, you will NEVER like jarred salsa again!!!

Salsa Recipe
                            2 large cans diced tomatoes
                            1 14oz can Rotel (used mild tomato & green chile Rotel)
                            1/2 medium onion
                            3-8 jalapenos (depending on spiciness of peppers)
                            1/2 teaspoon salt
                            1/4 teaspoon black pepper
                            1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
                            1/2 teaspoon chili powder
                            1/4 teaspoon cumin
                            lime juice from 2 limes
                            cilantro
                            1 cube chicken bullion

 Dissolve chicken bullion cube in 1/4 cup of hot water.
                             Place all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl (salt, black pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder)
                             Dice onions and jalapenos into small pieces and add to dry ingredients
                             Squeeze lime juice into bowl and mix up jalepenos, onions and other ingredients. Stir in chicken bullion.
                             Add cans of diced tomatoes and can of Rotel.
                             Mince cilantro and stir into salsa.
                             Fill blender with salsa (about 1/3 of salsa) into blender and puree. Mix back into chunky salsa. Place in clean jar and refrigerate. Should keep for 4 weeks.

Comment

The salsa recipe looks good, but what is Rotel, please? And cilantro?
                              Ilona - Gwenae - Amarantha - Deandra - Minim

Comment

Addendum for Salsa Recipe

Hehe, my bad...

Rotel is a brand-name of tomatos that come premixed with chiles in various heat tolerances. If Rotel brand tomatoes are not available, just sub in another can of tomatoes and add some additional jalapenos.

Cilantro is a fresh herb that is part of the parsley family. It does however have a distinct flavor. If fresh cilantro is not available, do not sub anything for it...there is nothing that comes close to the taste/texture of fresh cilantro.

On a side note, if you do not like super spicy salsa, prep your jalapenos by first cutting them in half. With a spoon, scrape all the seeds and the ribbing (the yellowish-white core) out of the jalapenos. This will remove most of the capsicum (the oil that imparts the "fire" to peppers).

Oh, and for a more tropical salsa, switch out the jalapenos for 1-2 habanero peppers and add 1 small can of crushed pineapple.

Enjoy!!

Comment

Working...
                                X