Master Brewing in no time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Brewing in no time!

Hello, i'm just submitting an easy brewing guide..

The Brewing Guide - Cheap, Easy, Quick

Hello, i recently went through brewing the hard way, til i found out a little secret. Would you like to know what it is? Just read below

The easy way from 1-122 is summed up in two words... Fishing Grubs!! surprised!? i was to say the least.. other methods will have you spending loads of cash trying to get your brewing up.. and take a lot more time.

Anyway, what you will want to do is first... go to PoK.. use your find to locate Caden Zharik. its pretty easy he is near the small bank... little gnome guy.. he sells the grubs for about 3 copper each... Load up you'll need them.. after that just search for a brewer merchant... should take u to a large building with a device to brew with inside (!). right behind the brewing machine (or at just about any spot) you can buy Water flasks... gee told you this was easy.... they are about 1silver each... oh no i'm broke already, lol.
    Buy some of these, you'll need one for each grub, but seeing as they are close to the machine to brew with, worry bout stocking up on the worms so u dont have to take many trips.

This should get you to 122 for less that 30pp and in about 30 minutes worth of your time (just search the recipes for fetid essence and hit combine over and over, lol) Good wisdom or intelligence will speed the process up as you will learn quicker.

The next step is more expensive and indeed i haven't even done it yet, but i plan to. I just went through and found the eassiest recipe at about 188 trivial. its called the Faydwer shaker (all the items are sold by vendors)
    What you will need for this is
    1 Cask ( @ 3silver 1 copper each, sold lots of places)
    1 dwarven Ale ( @ 6 silver 8 copper each, sold by Barkeep Aanlawen in Kelethin)
    1 Evlen Wine ( @ 6 silver 8 copper each, also sold in Kelethin same person)
    1 Gnome spirits (@ 6 silver 3 copper each, sold by Caden Zharik again, where u got ur grubs)
    1 mead (5 silver 2 copper each, sold lots of places)

For this one i'd recommend stocking up on the elven wine, Dwarven Ale, and Gnome Spirits... the caks and mead can be bought where i told u to buy the water flask earlier.. This step is way more expensive but still not nearly as expensive as most stuff around this level of a trade skill. Anyway i have yet to try it out so i have no clue how long it will take... about another 30 minutes of brewing i'd imagine and a little bit of running around... but kelethin isn't that far away... and it has its own Brewing spot if u'd rather stay there and just stock up on the Gnome Spirits.

This should successefully get you to 188 in brewing with little hassel... The first step is cheap and easy... the second u might need a little money for. It will cost you about 2pp 8sp and 2cp per attempt... so u can always wait on that til your higher level and can afford to spend that much.. if you can forage and have a lot of foraged items i may suggest doing the Everfrost Essence i think its called... just forage frost turnips in EverFrost and combine a flask of water. Or u can always try the bazaar for items.

Good luck fellow brewers and have fun.
    ~ Keithwin, lvl 33 Ranger on Ayonae Ro server ~

Well, I have one heck of a headache so I could be off here, but doesn't the Shaker work out to about 3 gp, not pp? For my last run of the shakers, I don't think it took more than 5 pp total by the time I sold my sucesses back (182-188).

Comment

To get brewing up to 240 or so, you can make Minotaur Hero's Brew. All the items are merchant-sold, best place I found was in AkAnon because everything you need is only a few feet away. You'll need a shrink device if you're a large race though.

Comment

Another easy and nearly free way to get to 188 brewing is shar vahl essence, which is one payala fruit and one water. The payala fruit are a little bright blue mushroom looking groundspawn under the trees with blue leaves in Shadeweavers thicket. start by the bank, and follow the zone around in a circle till you get back to the bank. Takes about 15 minutes, and yields 1-2 stacks.

Comment

Modifications to the Brewing Guide

This brewing guide is a very good effort, but there's a few suggestions I have for it.

1.) When you're doing Fetid Essence to get to 122, you can buy water flasks from Amile Pitt, who stands around the corner, about twenty feet from Caden Zharik. If you're fortunate enough to have acquired a collapsed distillery, you can brew to 122 right on the ghetto floor. If not, you can still get all your supplies at once, run over to the barrel, run off your combines, and run back for more.

2.) Another location for brewing is in the brewery in Halas (called the Golden Cider, I think). Go to the right at the main entrance, and it's on the left near Mac's Kilts. All of the parts for Minotaur Hero's Brew and a brew barrel are in the same room, and if you're a larger race you can click both merchants and the brew barrel just by standing in the right spot and spinning in place. The obvious disadvantage is that you have to be welcome in Halas to do this.

3.) "Master Brewer" is representative of someone who has achieved 300 skill in brewing, and since your guide only goes up to 188 (the trivial on Faydwer Shakers) you might want to retitle your guide. Perhaps insert the bits about Minotaur Hero's Brew and calling it "Expert Brewing in No Time" since most folks won't get bent out of shape about two points. I know that I was disappointed to find it was only to 188 when I saw it, since I'm at 256 in brewing and struggling to find a way to get it higher without blowing a huge bankroll.

Silverfish

Comment

simply add... Kaladim Constitutionals til 300 and it's a masters guide
            Nalianna Kersnovske
            Geri teh l33t ninja
            Click here for my local time

Comment

Working...
            X