Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasonable path to 300 for a non elf/non karana follower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable path to 300 for a non elf/non karana follower?

Simply put, is there a reasonable skillup path to 300 (currently at 255) for a non elf, non follower of karana?
    Nalianna Kersnovske
    Geri teh l33t ninja
    Click here for my local time

nope
    Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
    70 Paladin of Tunare
    My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
    (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
    (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
    Salvage3
    Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
    Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

Acrylia arrows trival at 290 then your outta luck:-P

Comment

290?! Where? Gimme!

To my knowledge, Acrylia arrows trivial 268, but I could be wrong.
        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Kyros is correct, acrylia arrows trivial at 268.
          Unfortunately, after that it gets expensive or rare.

Shadewood bows can take you to 282, but count on about 5-10K lost per skill up point.

Various DoN or OoW era arrows can get you beyond 300, but the drops are insanely rare and very expensive to buy from other players. On a positive note, on 6 combines of Class 6 drakebone drakespike arrows, I got 2 skill ups. Maybe my lucky day with the RNG, maybe boosted chance of skill up due to the rarity of the components; not sure.

Then of course, there are the PoP bows, with Nightmarewood being the easiest to farm supplies for, but trivialling at 295. As for the elemental bows, here are the drawbacks as I see 'em:
          Featherwood - hardly anyone goes there without a raid, supplies infrequently pass to the public.
          Obsidianwood - metal and staves fairly common, but fiend gut pretty much drops off of raid-quality named.
          Driftwood - Again, uncommon to see people grouping there (at least on my server), so supplies infrequent. I see these for sale in the Bazaar less frequently than any other elemental bow on FV.
          Stonewood - This would likely be your best bet, metal, vine and staff drops come from mobs of roughly equivalent difficulty, and people don't mind xp grinding in this zone while hunting up bow parts.

Given all that, we do keep getting assurances from the development staff that 283-300 fletching for non-WE/non-Karana folks is being looked at. That doesn't mean that they'll make a change though, what with the increased chance of skill up possibility on rare combines (that we don't know for sure is live on fletchign recipes).

Good luck!
          C

Chase
          Half-Elven Ranger of Tunare
          66 seasons wandering the wood in defense of Her creatures
          Chivalrous Valor
          Firiona Vie

Comment

Originally posted by Nalianna_Kersnovske
            Simply put, is there a reasonable skillup path to 300 (currently at 255) for a non elf, non follower of karana?

No.

Baldary

Comment

There is one, only extremely expensive: make trophies. But not everyone is ready to to pay 5k (?) per combine.

I think you could make it with 2.5 million pp.
              Niphreedil ~ Shadows of Doom ~ Antonius Bayle

Comment

Originally posted by Niphreedil
                There is one, only extremely expensive: make trophies. But not everyone is ready to to pay 5k (?) per combine.

I think you could make it with 2.5 million pp.
                That does not stike me as reasonable.

/wave Niph

Baldary

Comment

I might use it though, if fletching is not fixed before I'm done with tailoring. I've never focused on hunting for pp, but considering I've spends thousands of hours already on tradeskill items, I might hunt for stuff that sells so good that it's easier to farm than fletching components.

I can already easily make 2500pp / hour, so it's only 1000 hours worth of farming to finish fletching.

Hmm perhaps I should call the hospital and make a reservation too.
                  Niphreedil ~ Shadows of Doom ~ Antonius Bayle

Comment

There is no reasonable path if you are not a wood elf or Karana fletcher.

See this post from Artisan's way.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/...essage.id=7809

Bottom line, if you are not a wood elf or karana worshipper, you best have a bottomless bank account.

YsalltheKind wrote:

In desperation, I actually tried the GM Fletching Trophy route. Here's what happened:-

282 to 291 - 220 combines of GM Trophy (9 skill ups)
                    291 to 294 - 39 combines of nightmarewood compound bow (3 skill ups)
                    294 - 20 combines of stonewood compund bow (zero skill ups)
                    294 - 30 combines of obsidianwood compound bow (zero skill ups)
                    294 - 5 x combines of primordial driftwood bow + 3 x combines of featherwood compound bow (zero skill ups)
                    294 - 22 combines of bazu bone bow (zero skill ups)
                    294-295 - 60 girplan arrow combines (1 skill up)
                    295-299 - 100 combines of GM Trophy (4 skill ups)
                    299 - 160 combines of GM trophy (zero skill ups)

And so, I finally give up, the last point from 299 to 300 has broke my bank, and there goes over 2.5 million plat all told

Celeste

Comment

I wouldn't have minded any of it if I had actually hit 300, but that last point was the killer. I've since done another 20 or so combines of girplan feather arrows and elemental bows, and still that last point eludes me.
                      Ysall - EMarr - lvl 70 Ench
                      2400+54 Club (7 x Core Tradeskills + Research)
                      Max Tradeskills AA + Max Salvage - When I combine something, it stays combined, except when it doesn't.

Comment

there is no way i would ahve attempted 160 trophy combines

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind how hard the path is if it was the same for everyone. It would make reaching 300/2100 much more of an acomplishment. However right now woodies & Karanites have a free pass (relatively speaking)to 300 which is beyond unfair.

For a month or so after the cap went up the kits used to make those were not working properly. I was so sure the trivials on the arrows would be brought down to ~275ish, but as usual my faith in SoE to do something right was misplaced.
                          Master Artisan Kahmon
                          100 Iksar ShadowKnight on Veeshan(Luclin)
                          First ShadowKnight in the 1750 Club - 9:40pm PST 9/18/03
                          First ShadowKnight in the 2100 Club - 10:50pm PST 2/15/06
                          Probably First Shadow Knight to Club 49 - 8:55pm PST 8/25/07
                          Kahzbot - 97 Gnome Enchanter - Tinkering (300), Research(300)
                          Kroger - 98 Rogue - Poison Making (300), Research (needs work)
                          Shazbon - 96 Shaman - Alchemy (300)

Comment

Oops my bad don't know where i came up with 290 for acrylia arrows just wishful thinking i guess:-)

Comment

Niph,

Where can you, on your cleric, make 2500 plat an hour? I need that secret.

4 skills down (smithing/baking/brewing/pottery), 3 to go.
                              Crystilla
                              EQ Round Table Member
                              The Persistent Serving Wench
                              ~~~Quest'er, Camp'er, Raider and Tradeskill'er at Heart~~~
                              Member of the 2100 club (5/6/2007)

Comment

Working...
                              X