seahorse roe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seahorse roe?

sounds like a kedge keep or siren's grotto forage but is not showing up on the foraging tables when i use the edit feature to search page for the text. If anyone has any info on this forage/drop please reply to this post

seahorse roe is foraged in erud's crossing...seems to be a pretty common forage too.

Comment

common? not effing likely
      sat around for 2-3 hours and managed to squeeze out 4 roes (course i was working with a 110 forager)
      and the reason it doesnt show up on forage tables is its listed as "sea horse roe" there.

Comment

thanks

lol that would explain it then. thanks for the info

Comment

Roe

As it is vendor-sellable, you would also do well to check the lone Kerran vendor (in one of the huts near the dock). And if you have the money to spare, offer to purchase it directly from any youngsters out there hunting wisps (or spiders, or zombies). I was able to garner about a stack in around 2 hours or so (I was making some Fizzy Odus Juice for a guild event 8) ) by /auction - ing, checking the /who and speaking directly to any young foragers, popping by the vendor whenever ennui set in, and of course by mashing my forage button every time it popped...

Hope that helps,
          Chase

Chase
          Half-Elven Ranger of Tunare
          66 seasons wandering the wood in defense of Her creatures
          Chivalrous Valor
          Firiona Vie

Comment

correct spelling is:

http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=14998
            Hunter Viken <Watchers> on Brell
            Grand Master x 6 (250)
            Master Smith (227)

Comment

Seahorse Roe

I was able to get 4 roes in about an hour and a half with a 140 forage skill.... of course the server crashed (the BB hamster fell outta his wheel again) and the rollback that transpired put me back to 1 roe.... Gotta love Murphy's Law.
              Oonna Wynterbreeze - 61 Enchanter

Jewelry - 300, Baking - 200, Brewing - 200, Fletching - 200, Pottery - 200, Research - 200, Tailoring - 188, Fishing - 184, Smithing - 125

The Rathe

Comment

Supposedly, they're also supposed to be dropping from mobs now. Does anyone happen to know which mobs might be doing the dropping? Hopefully not the Kerrans...

Comment

You could try slaughtering wisps and making some money while trying to farm the seahorse roe if you wanted.

In eruds crossing there are really only 2 types of mobs that you need to avoid killing if you want to farm for the seahorse roe. One is the kerrans(obviously) and the other is the kerra beetles. The kerrans and beetles both give bad faction hits and the kerrans will assist the beetles if they see you beating up on them.

Spiders in Erud's are notoriously social, sometimes you might be fighting one and have the rest of the island assist (so it seems) so these could prove a good way to AE farm.

Another option is to go for the zombie sailors as everything else on the island is pretty much indiff to all unless you kill the wrong things.

Comment

As a completely wild guess, seahorse roe might drop from the seahorses.
                    Itzena Alhazared, Revenant of {Planeteers}, Vallon Zek. And also a seamstress.
                    Gelcea Macha, Wandering Animist of Tarew Marr. Will be a smith, one day.

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

what seahorses?

Comment

The little peninsula where, um, Tolo? spawns - just off the coast there is a spawn spot for two or three (very) low-level seahorses.
                        Itzena Alhazared, Revenant of {Planeteers}, Vallon Zek. And also a seamstress.
                        Gelcea Macha, Wandering Animist of Tarew Marr. Will be a smith, one day.

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

Sea Horse spawns in Erud's Crossing

I have also tracked those Sea Horses pretty far out to sea. After 2 kills and aggroing 2 killer sharks (not fun with no EB item in your 30's), I gave up on trying to see if they dropped the Roe. I'd stick to the spiders, madmen, wisps, zombies and other low-level stuff on the island.

Chase
                          Half-Elven Ranger of Tunare
                          66 seasons wandering the wood in defense of Her creatures
                          Chivalrous Valor
                          Firiona Vie

Comment

Yup. The killer sharks are out and out nasty. High 40's, iirc.
                            You don't want to go swimming in this zone if you don't have to.

Comment

in 8 hrs of druid foraging (200) i got 14 roe.
                              and fished 2 Barren Flounder (started at fishing 0 , 40 skillups woot)

been checking the trader over the past few days at never seen any for sale.
                              Buna - Enchanter JC(300) - Prexus
                              Pottery(250),Smithing(227),
                              Brewing,Fletching,Baking,Fishing,Tailoring (200)
                              Fasusno - Rogue, Poison Makeing (300)

Comment

Working...
                              X