Racial kits not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racial kits not working?

Ok folks the mystery is solved. Remake the kit and it will do the old job, Haversacks back in production :-)

Veth
    70 Druid BB

Originally posted by Vethor
    Ok folks the mystery is solved. Remake the kit and it will do the old job, Haversacks back in production :-)
    While this might be true for halflings, for those of us who did not have an old kit (like we barbarians), who now *have* a shiny new Northman Sewing Kit, and Northman Needle, this doesn't work. Our leather combines STILL do not work.

Raedwolf
    70 Wildblood
    Immortalis Kruoris Officer
    Innoruuk

Comment

Originally posted by Raedwolf
      While this might be true for halflings, for those of us who did not have an old kit (like we barbarians), who now *have* a shiny new Northman Sewing Kit, and Northman Needle, this doesn't work. Our leather combines STILL do not work.
      Don't worry Raed, our Halfling "new" leather combines don't work either, and on top of that our armor book quest is borked...we're just relieved that we can still make our beloved haversacks
      Dyllwin Dalewalker
      94th Heirophant of Karana
      Master Artisan, Member of the 2100 club!
      Tailoring 300 - Fletching 300
      Jewelry 300 - Smithing 300
      Brewing 300 - Baking 300
      Pottery 300

Alts:
      Pattes Tinkering 300 - Research 300
      Krakkn Abakkn Alchemy 300
      Nimblefoot Dalewalker
      Baking 250
      Soluss Monachus Brewing 296
      Ripima Smithing 266

Cazic-Thule Server

Comment

Is there any timeline on when this stuff is going to get fixed? I mean "next patch" which I read somewhere is pretty vague

Comment

arghhhh

Ok, my Fier'dal sewing kit keeps telling me that my race cannot use !!!!!!! And I didnt buy the expansion do I still need to destroy my kit and make another ?

So frustrated with this crap

Guv

Comment

You can add Humans to the broken list. After searching thru freeport and Qeynos i found the vendor with the spool of Hq steal thread and tried to make the chest (3 swatchs + 1 lg spool + 1 chest pattern) i get dnc tried putting the needle in with it dnc try puting in a small spool dnc so i am now done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Monk
              You can add Humans to the broken list. After searching thru freeport and Qeynos i found the vendor with the spool of Hq steal thread and tried to make the chest (3 swatchs + 1 lg spool + 1 chest pattern) i get dnc tried putting the needle in with it dnc try puting in a small spool dnc so i am now done with it.
              Are you people who are having trouble with the new combines combining the swatches with the thread first, and also including an additional normal swatch? in the final combine?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaliaila
                Are you people who are having trouble with the new combines combining the swatches with the thread first, and also including an additional normal swatch? in the final combine?
                Obviously can't speak for everyone, but doing the subcombine is exactly where I'm stuck. No LQ/MQ/HQ bear/wolf/cat/rockhopper pelt or spider silk/swatch, along with any size thread, will combine in the Northman Sewing Kit, with or without the Northman Needle. I can't speak for the final combine, as I can't do the initial. It is quite frustrating, and yes, I did make them after Absor posted about having to remake the containers, and followed the recipe he set forth. My needle was also made after the post. I can combine other items (spider silk into silk swatches, for example) just like a normal sewing kit. I just can't combine what I'm told by the books (and what I've compared equivalently with other leather-tailoring races) I should.

Raedwolf
                70 Wildblood
                Innoruuk

Raedwolf
                70 Wildblood
                Innoruuk

Comment

Originally posted by Raedwolf
                  Obviously can't speak for everyone, but doing the subcombine is exactly where I'm stuck. No LQ/MQ/HQ bear/wolf/cat/rockhopper pelt or spider silk/swatch, along with any size thread, will combine in the Northman Sewing Kit, with or without the Northman Needle. I can't speak for the final combine, as I can't do the initial. It is quite frustrating, and yes, I did make them after Absor posted about having to remake the containers, and followed the recipe he set forth. My needle was also made after the post. I can combine other items (spider silk into silk swatches, for example) just like a normal sewing kit. I just can't combine what I'm told by the books (and what I've compared equivalently with other leather-tailoring races) I should.

Raedwolf
                  70 Wildblood
                  Innoruuk
                  Barbarians can't wear silk, so they have no cultural silk swatches or armor.

As for the leather... there's a bug that I just found looking at the recipe. I had the Norrathian Needle in there instead of the Northman Needle (was probably tired and misread the names). That will be fixed with the next update, for now you can use the Norrathian Needle and they should work.

Sorry.

A

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorEQ

As for the leather... there's a bug that I just found looking at the recipe. I had the Norrathian Needle in there instead of the Northman Needle (was probably tired and misread the names). That will be fixed with the next update, for now you can use the Norrathian Needle and they should work.

Sorry.

A
                    Can You check the half elf cultural leather absor. Currently I am stuck in the same spot, I cannnot get any wolf hides to combine

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorEQ

Sorry.

A
                      Thanks for the quick response, Absor! Now to make me a Norrathian Needle.

Raedwolf
                      70 Wildblood
                      Innoruuk

Comment

Originally posted by Kaliaila
                        swatchs were created ok with the hq cat pelt but can't get any of the next part to combine, and what normal swatch this is leather work not the silk armor.

Comment

Norathian Needle ?

So the combine for Norathian Needle is Thunder Essence and Embroidering needl. Anyone know how to make Thunder Essence?

Comment

Thunder Essence = Thunder Salmon, flask of water in brew barrel.

I think the trivial is 122 but don't quote me on that

Woadan

Comment

I should have used base material, like the ingame book does, instead of normal swatch. In the case you are doing, I think the recipe would be:

3 swatches + 1 lg spool + 1 chest pattern + Antonican Needle + 1 HQ Cat Pelt

Though I don't really know about the spool size, you may just need a small spool, if that doesn't work you might consider no spool at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X