No announcement yet.

Getting Kael giant faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragons and dorfs dont really give a hoot about each other but they both hate giants.
    Most mid 50s people get ally with coldain just by killin wolves/giants in GD cause its near to a city (thurg), and by raiding in kael.

Everyone starts off Kos to CoV and apprehensive/indifferent to coldain, so its a lot easier/shorter route to ally dorfs then to get non-kos to dragons.

Go on some arena raids. Dragons will like you quickly.
    Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
    Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

Myself and many in my guild are still doing that wonderful shawl quest, I'd like to atleast get the 8th Coldain ring since I'm a tank and until they give hybrids a self only gate spell, I'm stuck using Thurg gate potions until I can get a tinkered necklace from PoP.
      This wasn’t the point of your post, but it certainly caught my eye. What “tinkered necklace from PoP” are you referring to that allows non-porters to gate? I’ve looked under PoP tinkered items and PoP jewlcraft items and I’ve yet to find anything like that. I have a warrior friend who would love such an item. Even if it’s something that may not be attainable just yet, it would be something to look forward to.
      Pait Spiritwalker
      63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
      The Seventh Hammer

Comment

I think I know the necklace he's referring to. Its not actually created using the tinkering skill, but the quest involves dealing with some NPC tinkers. It starts with the bottle that the rats in PoJ occasionally drop and works its way up (with more and more objects, and an item that keeps getting better) from there.
        The item is never a "free gate", however. Even though the initial item has 5 charges of gate to PoK, it requires an alchemy crafted item that runs at a little over 100pp per, and is expended every time you use the necklace to port.

Comment

Thank you for explaining that, Eumerin. I guess my barbarian friend will have to stick with the Thurg gate potions. On the bright side it gives us a reason to raid the Tower of Frozen Shadow from time to time for supplies.
          Pait Spiritwalker
          63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
          The Seventh Hammer

Comment

Here's a link at 'khazam:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=16558
            Mathir Thunderoak- Wood Elf Druid of Tunare // Taleen Bloodaxe - Barbarian Warrior of the Tribunal // Cendaar - Human Bard of Karana /// Ordo Ursi Prismatus - Lanys T'Vyl - EQ
            B3 t+ h+ r+ w+ s- g+ (It's a bear thing...)

Comment

tar goos in the caveren newbie like area in thurg drop them sometimes
              Wait a sec - the tar goos in Thurg drop coldain heads when killed - is there a dwarf faction hit for killing them? How rare are the heads?
              Cigarskunk!
              No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarskunk
                Wait a sec - the tar goos in Thurg drop coldain heads when killed - is there a dwarf faction hit for killing them? How rare are the heads?
                Nope, no hits of any kind if I recall correctly. From the 20 or so I killed, I think I got 1 or 2 heads.
                Retiree of EQ Traders...
                Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
                Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
                Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
                EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

LOL - knowing how my guild for the most part think that "tradeskill" means that you're good at haggling in the bazaar and that researching things is something best saved for highschool, I'm betting that they are going to be surprised as heck when I start showing up with Coldain heads and no faction hits. :twisted:
                  Cigarskunk!
                  No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

Working...
                  X