Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl

I destroyed mine after I was told many times that it would never be upgraded, now it seems it may be enhanced as part of Underfoot. Can I petition to have it restored, or do I need to redo the quests?

I've had good luck retreiving mistakenly deleted or tributed items that I wanted back. Go ahead and petition, the worst they can say is no if the logs don't go back far enough to support your request.

Make sure you spell out the full item name in the petition. If you said "8th Shawl" the CS folks probably would search for that and not find anything.
    Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker the Kraftin Kitty, Master Artisan
    Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
    Celestial Navigators, Maelin Starpyre

Comment

Also if you have a general timeframe from when you may have destroyed it I am told that is helpful to the Guides in locating if you truely possessed the item. Sadly there were limited character flags at the time and nothing to say you had completed the shawl quests besides physically possessing the item.
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Got my Silk shawl back the other day after deleting it over 5 years ago so sure you can just petition and get it restored
        Thulack
        95 Halfling Ranger on Cazic Thule Server
        Baking(300)+15% Trophy, Brewing(300)+15% Trophy, Fletching(300)+15% Trophy, Jewelcrafting(300)+15% Trophy, Pottery(300)+12% Trophy, Smithing(300) +15% Trophy, Tailoring(300)+15% Trophy
        Formerly Antimony Raventhorne Merchant of No Levels

Comment

I also petitioned and got my shawl back no problem. I didn't have a clue as to when I destroyed it, and my not knowing was irrelevant. In the petition I included the full item name, and simply asked to have the item reimbursed.

The next day a GM replied that records indicated I had deleted the shawl, while in PoK, on a particular date back in 2005. The shawl was placed into my inventory while I was offline. Done deal.

Comment

It is good to know that the GMs will still help with reimbursements.

On the other hand, if you did the quest before and are level 80+, it would probably take less time to redo all 8 steps of the shawl quest than it did to do the first stage or two of the SoF tradeskill quest. While farming supplies for the 3rd, 5th and 8th stages will take a few hours, the real time-sink for this quest was getting the needed tradeskills.
            Master Artisan Taadieri
            Sanctus Arcanum - Drinal (formerly Tarew Marr)

Comment

hmmph. just for "fun" i decided to take my cleric out and re-do this task ( rather than petition for reimbursement). I still had the thordens seal but not the shawl in my bank. go figure that one out.
              anyways... the toes and heads for 1 and 2 were a snap. the baking in task 3 was a bit of a pain - 4 griffon eggs still take 2 hours to get. plus the running around for the meats. task 4 was pretty fast too. call it an hour total. but then we hit the blocks
              task 5 required 75 drops from velks lab. at 12- 18 per clearing it took over 2 hours to get those. and the glowing biles took another 4 hours.
              task 6 was sirens hairs ( do not go to SG - they didnt drop for me in 2 hours. so it took me 20 mins to get both in cobalt scar after that mess), drakkel wolf whiskers ( another hour) and a few other things - total time was more than needed if i had correct info, but still took a few hours
              task 7 if you planned this part from the start, you already have everything you need except the fish. 1 hour for 3 lousy fish. total time spent was only 2 hours on this part.
              task 8 will take 2-4 hours in the geonid caves. yes even if you can round them all up and kill them at same time. spawn rates, required spawns, proper number of gems. and you need 8 velium hour furs minimum which took me another 3 hours. they seem quite rare drop. surely you planned ahead and saved all the velium from farming velks lab? well, I did so had all I needed. combines, spawn dain, get to iceclad, easy solo job to make the walk to pirates and done.
              took me a few hours every day for a week. no simple bang-bang thing and twice during it I almost gave up and petitioned ( farming the glowing biles and the geonids). None of it very difficult - just a time consuming omg when is this going to be over task. like everything else we do -)
              Enjoy!

Comment

Has anyone discovered where the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl upgrade quest begings? This might be something fun to work on when I need to take a break from progression and grinding exp.

Comment

The coldain shawl 2.0 is not live yet. It will be in a 2nd portion of the expansion due out in the spring, or some time sooner if Ngreth gets it finished early.
                  Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                  Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

OMG- been away from EQ for well over a year now and just stop by on the forums to see this.

After beeing told there would be no upgrade for the shawl, finally its getting done.

I may just reactivate my account to do this quest.
                    Pootle Pennypincher
                    Short in the eyes of some...
                    Tall in the hearts of many!

Comment

Does this mean that only characters Level 85 and up can access the upgrade to the shawl? I still have mine in the bank - I would never destroy it - but I'm nowhere near Level 85 (perhaps because I retired for 5 years and came back only last year and have been so busy tradeskilling and exploring all the content I missed that I simply don't have the time to grind exp to get to 85 in a hurry and have a life too!) It would be a shame if the only people who had access were those who had already reached the top end of the game - as it is I paid for 3 copies of Underfoot and have had no benefit from the expansion at all because of the level issue (except for the extended target menu, anyway.)

Comment

Finally got a chance to finish this up. I completed up to Shawl #4 about 8 yrs ago and gave up looking for Tanik... Started just a few days ago and with a VERY casual push I was able to complete this in no time. I might have been lucky, but I was able to get all of my drops within reasonable times.

Now to park it in the Bank until 2.0....

Mikaal Drazzminius
                        Tier'Dal Necromancer
                        Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
                        Necrotalk Admin
                        EQ Traders Super Moderator
                        EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Dianndara View Post
                          Does this mean that only characters Level 85 and up can access the upgrade to the shawl? I still have mine in the bank - I would never destroy it - but I'm nowhere near Level 85 (perhaps because I retired for 5 years and came back only last year and have been so busy tradeskilling and exploring all the content I missed that I simply don't have the time to grind exp to get to 85 in a hurry and have a life too!) It would be a shame if the only people who had access were those who had already reached the top end of the game - as it is I paid for 3 copies of Underfoot and have had no benefit from the expansion at all because of the level issue (except for the extended target menu, anyway.)

Well, the new quest is not live yet and very little is known about it, but there are a few things that are known and a lot can be extrapolated from what is known.

First, it will be a tradeskill quest where the seven standard tradeskills will be tested.

While not specifically stated, it would be reasonable to assume that a 300 skill in each tradeskill will be needed. Not necessarily required but needed in order to have a reasonable chance to succeed in the combines, although a 300 skill may be required also.

Again, while not specifically stated, it would be reasonable to assume that each of the tradeskill tasks will require adventuring in Underfoot zones. To the best of my knowledge there is no level requirement for any of the Underfoot zones, even the locked ones, but a minimum of level 80 is needed to survive and contribute to any group adventuring in the two easiest Underfoot zones. While level 85 might not be required to start the new Shawl quest, it is most likely going to be required to complete it.

There will be at least two versions of the new Shawl. The first will be available when all 7 of the tradeskill tasks are complete. The second will require one or more raids. Each is said to be the best available item in game (i.e., The best group shoulder item for the tradeskill part and the best raid shoulder item for the raid part). It is possible, that there will be intermediate rewards as you complete each of the tradeskill tasks that will result in a wearable item. If this is the case, then the first tasks may result in items that are level 80 required/level 85 recommended as is much of the gear available in the entry zones of Underfoot. The final groupable shawl will definately be level 85 required as will the 8th raid shawl.

The short answer to your question is that for the final groupable and raid shawls, level 85 is certain to be required. Just to start the quest is unknown but if there isn't a level 85 requirement it is most likely that level 80 will be required to wear the first shawl(s).
                          Last edited by gggrant; 02-03-2010, 11:00 PM. Reason: fromatting
                          Huntmaster Bariag DarkWoods

Master Artisan

Comment

the next version is out.

Comment

Originally posted by gggrant View Post
                              Well, the new quest is not live yet and very little is known about it, but there are a few things that are known and a lot can be extrapolated from what is known.

First, it will be a tradeskill quest where the seven standard tradeskills will be tested.

While not specifically stated, it would be reasonable to assume that a 300 skill in each tradeskill will be needed. Not necessarily required but needed in order to have a reasonable chance to succeed in the combines, although a 300 skill may be required also.

Again, while not specifically stated, it would be reasonable to assume that each of the tradeskill tasks will require adventuring in Underfoot zones. To the best of my knowledge there is no level requirement for any of the Underfoot zones, even the locked ones, but a minimum of level 80 is needed to survive and contribute to any group adventuring in the two easiest Underfoot zones. While level 85 might not be required to start the new Shawl quest, it is most likely going to be required to complete it.

There will be at least two versions of the new Shawl. The first will be available when all 7 of the tradeskill tasks are complete. The second will require one or more raids. Each is said to be the best available item in game (i.e., The best group shoulder item for the tradeskill part and the best raid shoulder item for the raid part). It is possible, that there will be intermediate rewards as you complete each of the tradeskill tasks that will result in a wearable item. If this is the case, then the first tasks may result in items that are level 80 required/level 85 recommended as is much of the gear available in the entry zones of Underfoot. The final groupable shawl will definately be level 85 required as will the 8th raid shawl.

The short answer to your question is that for the final groupable and raid shawls, level 85 is certain to be required. Just to start the quest is unknown but if there isn't a level 85 requirement it is most likely that level 80 will be required to wear the first shawl(s).
                              300 skill is required

the items themselves require level 85

There are 8 more shawls. 1-7 are "group" with the 7th being the "best" group-able item currently available for it's slot. The 8th is a simple tag on quest, that is nothing more than defeat another existing raid and return with a "head", and results in a raid item, that is also better than any current raid items for that slot.

So don;t take the stats on the first one you see as the whole picture, it is just a step on the way to the 7th.
                              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                              Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200
                              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Working...
                              X