Phylactery Faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phylactery Faction

I'm dubious to Qrixat Du'voy in the cleric guild in Neriak 3rd Gate. I'm an ogre shadowknight.

Do I need to fix my DE Clr faction? Or can I skip the "get the note and hand in to oracle" part of this quest and just start handing in tomes to the oracle's assistant?

-Bolas
    Buy My Stuff!

I'm not 100% positive, but I don't remember ever getting flag messages when doing a turn-in with the Oracle. Flag messages (the yellow text) were only reported when handing in books to the Assistant. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that you can start by handing in books to Assistant Jeyular.

However, I'd go ahead and chat with Qrixat first. If he hands you the note, you're home free. If not, you can decide whether to risk the first book.

The good news is that the Assistant returns books 2-6 if you hand them in out of order. I'd assume that he would do the same thing if you need the "pre-flag" from handing in the note and tried to turn in the first book.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

I chatted with the cleric, she wouldn't give me the note. Something like "I'll not help the likes of you".

Think I'll spend some plat on a dark elf potion in the bazaar and see if that changes her mind.

-Bolas
      Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Won't give me the note. I'm ogre shadowknight. Tried dark elf illusion potion to see if that helped faction. Still dubious. Any ideas? What faction is she on? Can I skip the note and still do the quest? How do I raise Qrixat faction?

[Sun Jun 27 21:32:19 2004] You say, 'I received your summons.'
        [Sun Jun 27 21:32:20 2004] Qrixat Du`voy says 'Your particular 'talents' are not needed for this task. I am sure you can find something else to occupy your time. Now be gone.'
        [Sun Jun 27 21:32:32 2004] Qrixat Du`voy glowers at you dubiously -- she appears to be quite formidable.

Thanks,
        Bolas
        Buy My Stuff!

Comment

I would do the Faction quests for Neriak and see where that gets you.
          Lightstones to Smith Tvyl in NRo
          Red Wine to whatsisname in Neriak 3rd Gate
          Thorvari - Walkers
          Feral Lord - Vazaelle

Comment

Hmm... thought I'd max'd those out as a young ogre... maybe time to revisit them.

Also... I tried handing in Tome of MIragul to the assistant -- no good. Got it back and a message saying something like "don't hand that to me I didn't ask for it, be more careful handing powerful things to people that didn't ask for them, you can have it back".

So doesn't work without getting the note first.

-Bolas
            Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Ok think I figured out the problem. Neriak cleric faction is "The Spurned" and it's an opposite faction from "The ". I did a lot of work to raise my faction with "the " (neriak nec/shd guild) and I'm warmly to "the ", making me dubious to "The Spurned" since they are on opposite factions. Bleah. So now I have to find a way to raise my "spurned" faction -- something that you can't do with red wine or lightstones, which I've already done anyways.

Anyone know any NPC I can kill to raise "The Spurned" faction? There's one quest listed and no NPC's listed on Illia's Beastiary.

-Bolas
              Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Bolas
                Ok think I figured out the problem. Neriak cleric faction is "The Spurned" and it's an opposite faction from "The ". I did a lot of work to raise my faction with "the " (neriak nec/shd guild) and I'm warmly to "the ", making me dubious to "The Spurned" since they are on opposite factions. Bleah. So now I have to find a way to raise my "spurned" faction -- something that you can't do with red wine or lightstones, which I've already done anyways.

Anyone know any NPC I can kill to raise "The Spurned" faction? There's one quest listed and no NPC's listed on Illia's Beastiary.

-Bolas
                /boggle. I puzzled over this for a few minutes before realizing that the profanity filter was simply blanking out the relevant word. The faction Bolas mentions is this one, for those interested in raising it.

On a side note, is there any way to opt out of the profanity filter on the boards here? I have no idea why it's omitting the word above, but my eyes aren't that sensitive to such things anyway, so I have no use for such a filter.
                Last edited by Doremi; 06-29-2004, 06:14 PM.
                Muse Doremi Fasolatido, 99.4% retired
                Magelo || AllaKhazam

Comment

Yeah the faction that is opposite is the D E A D faction. No idea why that is considered a swear word.

-Bolas
                  Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Can this quest be done by shadowknights? Anyone other than priest/int caster done the phylactery quest lately?

-Bolas
                    Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Yeah the faction that is opposite is the D E A D faction. No idea why that is considered a swear word.
                      It isn't. I'm not sure how you triggered the filter since there's nothing close to "dead" set to filter. Dead, The Dead, dead, the dead, thedead, dead faction...they're all ok. PM me with details if you're still having problems.
                      Retiree of EQ Traders...
                      Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
                      Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
                      Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
                      EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Ok... did some testing.

brand new Level 1 ogre shadowknight of rallos zek, dubious faction -- would not give him the quest.

brand new Level 1 dark elf shadowknight of innoruuk, amiable faction -- would not give him the quest.

brand new Level 1 dark elf cleric of innoruuk, amiable faction -- would give the quest.

level 65 ogre shaman of rallos zek, dubious faction -- would give the quest.

This makes it look like it's ok to have dubious faction or worship rallos zek or be level 1.. but that being a shadowknight won't give you the quest.

This really TICKS ME OFF since I've saved up most of the quest drops to do this and just need to turn them in. Have any shadowknights done the quest? I've heard of a warrior doing the quest.. so why can't I? Anyone that's done the quest legitimately want to enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong?

-Bolas
                        Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Found one reference to how to raise this faction..sorry I can't confirm it for you.

posted on Illia's by Sylphan Guru

Get the note from Wallin in WC and give it to Draxiz on the roof of the Spurned guildhall. This adds ten points to TheSpurned faction and lowers TheDead by one point. Only trouble is it spawns a leatherfoot raider each time you do it... a dozen of those little guys roaming around Neriak can be rather dangerous to the unsuspecting.
                          -- Sylphan, master Enchanter of Knights of the Round Table on Cazic-Thule

Comment

Cool, that will help my "spurned" faction. Not really sure what faction Qrixat is on tho, could just as easily be on "priests of inny" faction or who knows what.

I'm also not sure it's a faction issue. Hopefully the GM's will get back to me and figure out what's wrong with the quest.

-Bolas
                            Buy My Stuff!

Comment

brand new Level 1 ogre shadowknight of rallos zek, dubious faction -- would not give him the quest.

brand new Level 1 dark elf shadowknight of innoruuk, amiable faction -- would not give him the quest.

brand new Level 1 dark elf cleric of innoruuk, amiable faction -- would give the quest.

level 65 ogre shaman of rallos zek, dubious faction -- would give the quest.
                              Looks like this is their "fix" for the quest, at least temporarily. The main reward (the Oracle tunic) is only wearable by pure int/wis casters. The two pure casting classes you tried, cleric and shaman, both recieved the quest, despite dubious faction (for the shm).

Hybrids (and I imagine pure melees, although I don't remember reading any of those) complained that while the secondary reward (dark/reg phylactery) was highly useful, they couldn't do anything with the token - not sell it, MQ it, or use it. I believe some SOE person acknowledge that this was inappropriate, and it would be looked at.

I'm guessing the current state of the quest is a result - the hybrid class you tried (shadowknight) could not get the quest (despite amiable faction - implying its not a faction question), which makes some sense, considering you couldn't use the main reward: most people tend to be frustrated when they spend time, energy, and resources on a quest only to gain something they can't use, so this prevention is "for your own good". But unlike most quests, the Oracle quest has the secondary reward (the phylactery), which a hybrid can use, but can no longer acquire

Comment

Working...
                              X