Sarcoscypha fungus for misty glazing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungus for MG/Crucible of Escape

I've gotten a few off the fungus men that live near the fire pit of the Unrest basement. I've gotten more from people (in Unrest) who are curious what I am doing, and give me theirs for a few pp when I say. Next time I'll start with a WTB when I get to Unrest.

I have fired up a few finished crucibles. They have not sold yet at 100pp (Karana). I have given 4 as gifts to my guildmates and they have been very appreciative. We are all friendly of course, but one wizard went out of his way to give me a lvl 53 spell I've been wanting soon after. humm.

Obina
    Cleric of the 52 Light
    Potter of the 222 Dirty Hand
    Obina Redemptus

Comment

Back when the recipie first came out I spent a couple days farming pieces for these. I got my sarc fungus from innothule (took my mid-20's druid there and tracked, not the greatest drop rate but not horrid either). The heavy clay is kinda a pain in the ass, me and a friend farmed it for a couple of hours to get like a stack of it. Also, it took me till about a month ago to get rid of the last of the about 12 that I made. I ended up having to give most of them away, and dropping prices on the rest to what I thought was rediculusly low for the amount of time I spent on them just to get rid of them. They're nice items but nobody seems to see the real value of them. All in all, I wouldn't advise skilling up on them, especially not if you're expecting to be able to sell them to get money back.
      ~Tudani
      Retired Shamaness of Talisman
      Tunare

"Measure twice, cut once."

Comment

Faerie Village

When I was experimenting with Crucibles of Escape, I made a twink bard and leveled him up to 6 (or whatever level they get the run song) and ran him down to the faerie village in LFay. Then I would log him in several times a day until i managed to score all the ground spawns there (sarco fungus and jack-o-lantern, don't remember how many of each). After that I would check back every 12 or 24 hours, loggin in before going to work, during lunch, etc, and grab them again. Eventually I had 2 stacks of sarco fungus. Probably not the fastest way to get them but it involved the least amount of work and getting killed by the corrupted unicorn is fun!!!
        Candiil Flaim, 65 High Elf Enchanter, E'ci

Comment

Wouldn't it bum you out to spend time farming a rare-ish ingredient (the heavy clay), then not firing the result (which is a very cool item)? I just can't see myself not cringing when I just tossed the unfired items rather than firing them.
          Nope. These are the cheapest things you can make in the 210+ range. And on my server, they just don't sell (which I don't really understand, beacuse they are cool, and both my wizard and druid have one in a main slot all the time). I've sold perhaps a total of 4 in 2 months.

Its similar to the shadowscream stuff in smithing. Its a time consuming farming way to level up, that has a low cost to make, but a correspondingly low sellability value.

Find out if there's any market for them on your server before you go nuts on the fungus.

I do find fungus from time to time when I do vendor mining runs. Seems lots of folks have no idea what its for or don't care.

Comment

fungus update

2 things to report:

1. There's almost no market for crucibles - no clue why - I've sold 1 so far

2. Despite fungus drops being ultra rare, if you throw enough newbie frogs at a problem, it gets solved. I just mined every merchant in the new froggie version of grobb and merchant mined a lifetime supply of fungus. (10 stacks should be enough...)

Got 4 stacks of spiderling silk too....
            main: Kazim, 65 Barbarian Shaman -- alt: Barkk, 65 Human Druid (Karana worshipper)
            Trades: 250 Brewing, 233 Pottery, 243 Jewelcraft, 203 Baking, 200 Fishing
            212 Smithing, 200 Alchemy, 182 Tailoring, 135 Tinkering

Comment

Re: fungus update

Originally posted by Kazim
              2. Despite fungus drops being ultra rare, if you throw enough newbie frogs at a problem, it gets solved. I just mined every merchant in the new froggie version of grobb and merchant mined a lifetime supply of fungus. (10 stacks should be enough...)
              It wasn't the drop rate that was the problem, but there are only 6 or 8 shrooms in Guk, and not many more than that in Innothule (who were much harder to find), so there just weren't many opportunities to drop. With the Innothule revamp, shrooms are much more prevalent, and so are the sarc fungus.

But crucibles sell for 150pp on my server now, and that's not worth the time to run out to Seb to fish. I can sell nightmare cichlid bones for more than that with half as much work, and those sell much better than crucibles anyway.

Comment

ahhhh the fungi stuff

Since LoY and all those frogs appearing this fungus is fairly easy to find.
                Have a look at the merchants in PoK or Frog city.. if not /auc for it.. You are bound to get a few responses..

As for the CoE.. the are a very cheap (but time consuming) way to raise pottery..

I have chosen this way, with the odd 1 stack of steins attempts (225 + 5% and still avg only 3-4 per 20 tries..bleh...poof 1.5k..

Where as the CoE cost 0 for the clay (just your time to farm)..say 35pp for a stack of Celestial essence and 110 odd pp for scrolls and a few pp for odd things..Total..less than 200pp per stack of tries. Thats 20p per attempt... not bad I think.

Just gets a little frustrating when it takes 100-140 attempts per skill rise..oh well always tomorrow to hope for a skill rise.
                Mensei 88 Rogue (Gnome) Sal3, GM 300 in all base tradeskills +Tinkering & Poison Making (Melee Research 296 - getting there)
                Menssia 75 Cleric (High Elf) Sal3, GM 300 in all base tradeskills (except Research)
                (Terror Australis - 'The Rathe/Karana')

Comment

skillups

I feel your pain. I did 4 stacks of karana idols and about 10 crucibles of escape the other day and only got 1 skillup from 222 to 223 (255 wis). I'm really hoping to average better than 1 skillup per 90 combines on my way to grand mastery. This start does not fill me with confidence. On the bright side, I never have to make another stinkin opal encrusted stein again!
                  main: Kazim, 65 Barbarian Shaman -- alt: Barkk, 65 Human Druid (Karana worshipper)
                  Trades: 250 Brewing, 233 Pottery, 243 Jewelcraft, 203 Baking, 200 Fishing
                  212 Smithing, 200 Alchemy, 182 Tailoring, 135 Tinkering

Comment

Anyone know the respawn on these at the LFay camp?
                    Moonlilly

Comment

Forget all previous posts...

This stuff is dropping like MAD in Innothule Swamp. You can literally buy STACKS of it off the Gukta merchants since all the newbie Frogloks are descimating Innothule right now. Just the other night I walked away with 7 STACKS of the fungus.

Do yourself a favor and hit Gukta. You'll save a ton of time.

Kaidian Blade
                      Storm Warden of Death Misdealt
                      Soldier, Tradesman, Knightly Gentleman
                      ~Magelo Profile~~My Alts~~My Skills~
                      "Tradeskillers do it more often!"

Comment

Working...
                      X