X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarcoscypha fungus for misty glazing?

Anyone know where i can find this? Thanks for you help

iluani

Check the <a href=http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/recipes_dyes.htm>smithing dyes</a> page. This fungus is how I ruined my uppger Guk faction. :roll:

Comment

Woot back to upper guk, it's been a while=P Thanks for you help i would have never found that in the dye section.

iluani

Comment

I believe I've seen it drop in unrest also.

Comment

Brutal !!

I cleared the mushrooms in uguk about 8 times yesterday (around 50 kills) and I only got 2 of these things! I also killed about a dozen fungusman trackers in innothule swamp and got zero.

Anyone have a source of this annoying stuff which won't take a month to farm a couple stacks of it? I did manage to find a few on venders, so I'm guessing it actually drops somewhere in higher volume.

Please, please, someone reveal the secret!
          main: Kazim, 65 Barbarian Shaman -- alt: Barkk, 65 Human Druid (Karana worshipper)
          Trades: 250 Brewing, 233 Pottery, 243 Jewelcraft, 203 Baking, 200 Fishing
          212 Smithing, 200 Alchemy, 182 Tailoring, 135 Tinkering

Comment

Found in:

Upper Guk (Shrooms)
            Unrest (variouis mobs)
            Lesser Faydark (ground spawn in Faerie Village)

Kaidian Blade
            Storm Warden of Death Misdealt
            Soldier, Tradesman, Knightly Gentleman
            ~Magelo Profile~~My Alts~~My Skills~
            "Tradeskillers do it more often!"

Comment

details?

I only found one ground spawn in the faery village when I went there and it had the other kind of fungus that spawns there. I'll check back there again. Maybe someone grabbed all the ground spawns before I got there or something.

The Uguk shrooms have a miserable drop rate.

How's the drop rate in Unrest? And what specifically do I kill to get the fungus? I guess I can just go there and demolish the zone, but that seems kind of unfriendly to the newbies hunting there....

Thanks!
              main: Kazim, 65 Barbarian Shaman -- alt: Barkk, 65 Human Druid (Karana worshipper)

Comment

I've had the best drop rate from the fungus men in Innothule Swamp, and doesn't kill your Upper Guk faction. Drop rate is probably pure luck, though.
                Zallarenya
                Coercer of the Underfoot
                Druzzil Ro Server

Comment

I've gotten quite a few from the little Fungus Spores in Innothule. It may be bad luck but I've never gotten one from a Fungus Man.

Comment

Erg.

The mobs you want in Unrest are the Jack O Lanterns. They're sissy easy (like level 16 or something) and spawn in the lawn area outside, but they're the uncommon lawn spawn (as opposed to tormented dead and death beetles) and they don't drop the fungus real often. I'd only suggest doing this if you are also farming zombie skins for poison vials.

Also of note, this stuff drops off Scarecrows in WK, with the same sucky arse drop rate as Unrest.

Also, there are several (4 ish, I think) ground spawns in the faerie village in Lfay, but there are 2-3 (I forget) different types of fungus that can spawn there, so this method isn't exactly fast either. =/
                    Unmei, Coercer, Lanys.

Comment

Hmmm, this is looking like a seriously sucky way to get skillups. I think it would be less time consuming to just farm cash somewhere and skill up on star ruby steins. I'm amazed anyone actually has a crucible of escape if the potter needs to waste this much time to get one goofy ingredient.

Oh well. Guess I can always eat the 4 stacks of seb fish I fished up the other day....

Comment

Erg.

/sigh. Please think these things through before you post stuff like that.

You don't need the fungus to skill up on these things any more than you need iron oxide to skill up on the old imbued idols.

The Sarcoscypha fungus is used as part of the Misty Glazing, which is used in the firing step of the creation process. You don't -ever- fire things during the skill up process unless you intend to sell them, because firing is invariably trivial at any appreciable level of skill.

All you need to skill up on crucibles is heavy clay, celestial essence, and some store bought stuff like sketches and lesser succor scrolls. Which means, that, really, all you need to skill up on crucibles is heavy clay and money.
                        Unmei, Coercer, Lanys.

Comment

And before you ask.....

Heavy Clay is found on Mudites in the Gorge of King Xorbb (Beholder's Maze).

Kaidian Blade

Comment

skillups

Wouldn't it bum you out to spend time farming a rare-ish ingredient (the heavy clay), then not firing the result (which is a very cool item)? I just can't see myself not cringing when I just tossed the unfired items rather than firing them. Of course, I've been trying to farm sarc fungi for like a week and only managed to scrape together 10.

But you're right that you could do that if you wanted to. I still maintain that unless there's some source of sarco fungi people aren't admitting to, I'm amazed that there are any crucibles of escape at all available. This stuff is annoyingly rare. I seem to get about one fungi in 3 or 4 clearings of the guk fungus men. That's a LOT of time spent for a single combine, since the respawn rate there isn't fantastic.

To focus this discussion back on skillups though, about how many heavy clays would you say you can get per hour farming them? For me, whether to do the unfired crucible route or the star-ruby stein route comes down to simple math. If the heavy clay is as rare as the sarco fungi, I'm fairly sure I could farm money for steins faster.

By the way, how much do the crucibles of escape sell for on your servers?

Comment

*On average*.... and depending on how fast you can kill the mobs.... I'd say around 10 per hour. Sometimes I've gotten more, sometimes quite a bit less.

Crucibles are uncommon on Sol Ro Bazaar traders, but they are being sold. A few folks seem to crank them out regularly, but only have one or two in inventory. Then again... they could have always had those same one or two and not even move them.

/shrug

Kaidian Blade

Comment

Working...
                              X