broken recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken recipes

Are the old recipes broken? I tried combining an enchanted bar of velium and a sapphire to get the necklace but the recipe won't work. I tried both a planar and a reinforced jeweler kit but neither would work. The unenchanted recipes are still there but I can't twink with those Please look into this. Thank you.

I believe the enchanted recipes will no longer work, but the non-enchanted recipes are still good.

Comment

That's correct; the old enchanted recipes no longer work. (It's not a bug---it's by design.)

You can still make twink gear using the new jewelcrafting system. Enchanted silver can be made into a silver trio setting, and the storebought gems cut and set into it.
      Thomen Feadannareil (85 HUM ENC)
      Expert Artisan And Grandmaster Scrounger of Firiona Vie
      Alchemy* 242, Baking 336, Blacksmithing 345, Brewing 336, Fletching 291, Jewelcraft 345, Pottery 345, Research 291, Tailoring 345, Tinkering 243**
      * Available upon request from an anonymous shaman.
      ** Subcontracted through Maolgann of Ak'Anon (83 GNM MAG)

Comment

In the word of Ngreth:

It is working as intended (tm)

Sorry but use non enchanted for skillup and use the new JC recipes for new jewelry with separate gems.

Grolyn Blacknife
        Beastlord
         T:7
         M:0
         T:6
         M:1
        Fletching:
         M:2
        Zira Blacknife
        Shaman
        Maelin Starpyre
        Vazaelle
        Reiseraa
        Necro
        Research:

Comment

How were we suppose to know about this change. I had thought it was a bug and was going to be corrected . And whats the reason for the change ? I not trying to be a smart ass I just trying to learn. After all I been playing since the first year and I still do not understand whats going on half the time I am a slow learner .

Comment

Jewelrycraft received a revamp with the release of SoF. It was in the patch notes then.

The entire skill, top to bottom, got adjusted. Any item that has stats on it crafted from players instead of just put gem and enchanted metal in bag and voila... you now have to create a ring and augment the ring with the gems.

It greatly expanded the options you can make with JC.

Palladium was the oddity with JC. It was the only metal that did not need to be enchanted to gain stats. That was corrected with SoF with the release of the Enchant Palladium abilities that were given to enchanters. Also the dwerium bars, the new top metal from SoF, is enchanted in the same way.

For Silver to Dwerium it is now the same process to make a piece of jewelry.
            Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
            Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Thank you Aldier for you help . So just now I starting to understand that I not bugged (I had petition since the day of the expansion and the GM said he was investigating the issue and he was unable to make combines he forward it to Quality Assu. Team and please be informed that bugs are not addressed in the petition system so I been waiting for a patch ) . I am L 300 at JC so my face is real red . Its like I had a stroke and have to go to therapy to learn to walk again . I read all morning on forms here and at Sony and was starting to peice this together . So is there a real good place to go to relearn JC . Like a link you could give and thanks again .

Comment

There is a good spreadsheet that shows the stats from each gem in the different types of metal. There is also a creation guide that lets you play around with different combinations of gems in each of the slots.

There is no write up per se yet.
                Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

New system

I still do not understand what to do to use my 275 level JC skills. How do I do a contruct. My planer bag is told to be useless . What do I need to do this making sttings and "cutting gems" also I do not see black pearls listed anywhere, do these not make items with attributes any more?

Comment

Where is this spreadsheet?

Comment

Look at the stickies of the JC forum here. One of the 3 stickies is for the spreadsheet.
                      Master Artisan Hidron
                      Veritable Quandary
                      Drinal

Comment

I've seen the spreadsheet, but it does not tell how to cut stones or how to use the solo setting tools, is the jewelry bag totally useless to create stat jewelry?

Comment

Nevermind, after lots of reading I have it figured out ;-) This should be fun!

Comment

also refer to this http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...ear#post216003

Ngreth tells you, "hrm. oops." !!!!

Comment

This post:
                            http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=30849
                            is intended to take someone from "old school jewelcrafting" to "new style jewelcrafting".
                            --
                            I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
                            No, really.

Comment

• Working...
                              X