Projected Dwerium Stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greylon View Post
    Not sure how your response applies to my post, I'm well aware of what gems can be cut in what fashion.
    I was simply stating that I wish there was more trade off situations involved in revamp instead of simply superior or inferior.
    Harmongate, prstidigitate and whichever other gem it is that can be cut all 7 ways (can't recall name off top of me head) are inferior in every way to Taff, not diffrent, inferior.
    The type 10 stones will be either emerald and opal or opal and peridot in 99% of the items made I would be willing to bet.

Don't get me wrong I was very happy to see the changes, started me making jewelry again (and making a lot of money in the process) but that doesn't mean I can't see things I wish were diffrent

The choice to use Taaffeite verses Staurolite, Prestidigitase or Harmonagate, is the same choice to use silver, electrum, gold, platinum, velium, plladium or Dwerium (except most the metals are easier to get). That is just a min/max debate.

There is no reason to change the existing established stones, they are tired by rarity and trivial level (vice being inferior) (and if and when rec/req levels are applied) they will be also in place by level requirements. They put a lot of work into that system, and there is no reason to change it.

Where as the new uncut gems could have had multiple cuts / provide abilities or even focuses giving a variety of choices to make them more desireable and possibly compete with the Taaffeite decision.

Also consider for your list for your list, that casters may consider Indigo Nihilite over Taaffeite. I can see the 100 hp / 475 mana being more desireable than 350 hp / 350 mana to some people.

Gorse

Comment

Don't forget the lost resists on the Nihilite stuff.

It is too bad they couldn't use the "evolution" code for this. A gem would auto-evolve/devolve to the correct level for the metal it is placed in (and maybe even the setting).

The non-HP/mana stuff is, well, not every good. Even the AC stuff, at 10 HP per AC, would be considered a poor tradeoff by most.
      --
      I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
      No, really.

Comment

Well I wouldn't care if it was done through staurolite, prest, and harmongate or the new uncuts, or how would just like to see a few more "viable" choices.
        As it is I see very little need for anything but pear cut taaff with emerald and opal or trillion cut taaff with opal and peridot.
        Since at higher levels the stats them selves make little diffrence (most people are maxxed) maybe instead of the cut changing which four stats are added they could change taaff to add to all the stats and the cut cause diffrent miner focuses on the aug. Maybe sqaure cut taaff pots on an 8% mana pres vs the normal 10%, trillion cut puts on ferocity one or, stuff like that.

Comment

Or possibly make some/all the stats heroic.

At least we are providing some ideas that might make it into the next series of changes.

Gorse

Comment

Making the typoe 10 gems add heroic stats instead of just normal stats might very well give someone a reason to atleast consider using something besides opal, emerald or peridot for the side gems.
            I know Ngreth look sthrough these boards, so maybe he will get some ideas.

P.S. If you are reading this Ngreth sorry if it seems I am being negative I do love the new jewelery, and appreciate the work you put into please don't take the suggestions as negativity. Only thing I'm "negative" about the new jewelery is making it attunable before fixing it to show stats that one really hurts.

Comment

Updated with Crimson/Shimmering/Amber Nihilite.
              --
              I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
              No, really.

Comment

I meant 3 slot 10's!
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200
                Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Ah, OK, that makes much more sense.
                  Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                  Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                  Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                  Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

I gotta say I love the new dwerium stuff. I got a piece of taaff to drop the other day sololing in icefall. I hurried up and got JCM 3 on my wizard. I cut the taaff. Then I made the mass enchant dwerium for my chanter. He enchanted 10 bars with his once every 7.5 hour AA. I made a dwerium trio ring with my wiz. I set the cut taaff along with a cut opal and emerald. It was a major upgrade from my prior ring which only had 100 hp/mana. As a casual soloer this stuff is a godsend. Thanks Ngreth.
                    Kekenewah Silverfire: 82 High Elf Wizard: Drinal Server salvage 3
                    300 Jeweler (plus 15%) & JM3, 300 Smith w/ SM3 (plus 15%), 248 brewer (plus 5%), 300 tailor (plus 15% & TM3), 200 baker, 217 Pottery (plus 5%), 200 Fisherman, 300 spell research w/ AT3 (plus 15%)
                    Kekema: 81 gnome magician 250 fletcher (plus 5%), 215 tinkerer (plus 5%)
                    Kekero: 65 dwarf rogue 300 make poison (plus 12%)
                    Keketrol: 74 troll shaman 300 alchemist w/ AM3 (plus 15%) salvage 3
                    Kekecha: 75 Erudite enchanter 122 smith (plus 5%)
                    Kekenebog: 59 Ogre warrior 203 blacksmith (plus 5%)
                    Kekera: 62 halfling ranger: 189 blacksmith (plus 5%)
                    Keneken: 75 dark elf necro: 112 tailor (plus 5%)
                    Keke 70 High Elf wizard on Mayong 300 plus 12% research with AT3

Comment

I can't find much use for the combine star/alexandrite/goshenite/morganite/etc atm being slot 11. Any chance these could be made slot 10/11 like some of the other lesser gems?
                      Kekenewah Silverfire: 82 High Elf Wizard: Drinal Server salvage 3
                      300 Jeweler (plus 15%) & JM3, 300 Smith w/ SM3 (plus 15%), 248 brewer (plus 5%), 300 tailor (plus 15% & TM3), 200 baker, 217 Pottery (plus 5%), 200 Fisherman, 300 spell research w/ AT3 (plus 15%)
                      Kekema: 81 gnome magician 250 fletcher (plus 5%), 215 tinkerer (plus 5%)
                      Kekero: 65 dwarf rogue 300 make poison (plus 12%)
                      Keketrol: 74 troll shaman 300 alchemist w/ AM3 (plus 15%) salvage 3
                      Kekecha: 75 Erudite enchanter 122 smith (plus 5%)
                      Kekenebog: 59 Ogre warrior 203 blacksmith (plus 5%)
                      Kekera: 62 halfling ranger: 189 blacksmith (plus 5%)
                      Keneken: 75 dark elf necro: 112 tailor (plus 5%)
                      Keke 70 High Elf wizard on Mayong 300 plus 12% research with AT3

Comment

I think the main point of most of the dropped gems is for a skill up path. Much like the non-useful levels of armor templates, you are expected to sell the final product to NPC's.

Comment

Oval Cut Prestidigitaise

Set in Dwerium gives 14AC, +17 WIS/STR, +17 SvF/SvC, 150 Mana/HP/End

Comment

My two cents - I don't think that the gems should have rec levels, the metals will take care of that in my opinion. If someone wants to spend the 40k for a gem that will give them 50 hit points at level 1, so be it in my opinion. I LOVE the fact that they can deaug and trade up to the next jewelry setting, I think it's an incredibly clever mechanism.

I don't think we should reduce the power of the jewelry just so more gems are valuable, frankly.

And as for the slot 10/11 discussion - I think that the convenience gems (see invis, faerune, eb, ultravision) should be allowable in slot 10s. As they are people will most likely make them, but only use them situationally. I think people would be willing to trade off 10AC or 100 hps for faerune, though. That would make it more interesting when it comes times to build your jewelry.

Just talking about slot 11s - I don't think anyone will ever make a ring with +14 to some stats and that's it when they could make a ring with +23 to some stats, +250 to hp, +19 to AC. That almost seems like a mistake actually. I'm sure this is what Greylon is thinking as well.

However, I really like the system as it is and I would be content if it went in with level recs as it is. The pros far outweigh the cons.

But after getting a good feel for it, and knowing what people in the baz want, I think what I'd do is take some of the more interesting but less powerful 11 slotters and make them 10/11. (Like Black Sapphire for example, a + to resists). I'd make sure those were rare gem drops, though.

Either that or I'd make them staggeringly better. If you're using your slot 11 for resists, make it +30 to all or something along those lines. +50 if it's just raw stats. Along those lines.

And another meandering post brought to you by the letter O and the makers of Jolt.

Comment

couple questions !!

Let me make it known, I'm a buyer not so much a jeweler. So take it easy on me lol. I was playing around on magelo and noticed there is 100% next to each augment, not sure how power is modified on each one. I was planning on Putting a Dwerium trio ring with a couple augs on my lvl 66 berserker... It would equal 29ac, 350hp, and some decent stats/saves. Is there a lvl requirement to wear this jewelry, is the power status on augs reduced the lower the lvl you are.... Any answers would be great

Comment

Currently there are no lvl restrictions on the Dwerium JC.But that may change:-P

Comment

Working...
                                X