Tank 1: (Taafy)
    +29 AC 23 some stats/all resists 350 HP 250 mana/rendurance
    Tank 2: (Crimson Nihilite)
    +20 AC 475 HP

Wizard: (Indigo Nihilite)
    +10 AC 475 mana 100 Hp
    Less squishy Wizard: (Taafy)
    +29 AC 23 some stats/all resists 350 Mana/Endurance 250 HP

(This is based off of the assumption that Palladium is 76% of Dwerium, which results in pretty round numbers. The numbers may be off by a small amount due to rounding even if my theory is correct.)

Given that enc. Dwerium has been found, expect that will have confirmation shortly.

The base setting may have additional stats on top of the above.

What does Shimmering Nihilite look like? Answer: Weaker Taafy.
    Last edited by Yakk; 11-20-2007, 05:17 PM.
    --
    I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
    No, really.

I can confirm the HP and AC augs do become 100HP and 10 AC in Dwerium pieces.
    Seychelle ~ Stromm
    80 Enchanter
    Co-Leader Haven's Edge

Comment

There appears to be no mod2s on the dwerium piece itself, nor any stats beyond the rings themselves.
      --
      No, really.

Comment

Interestingly, Ngreth indicated in a SOE thread that he wasn't aware that you couldn't stack 2 of the same augment in an item.

Which means that the intended design was for 19 AC 450 hp 250 end/mana 23 all resists, instead of the current max of 19 AC 350 HP/end/mana 23 all resists.

Currently, there doesn't seem to be much reason not to use the 100 HP or 100 mana/end type 10 gems in your jewelcraft piece. Are there any good type 10 gems that I missed?
        --
        No, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakk View Post
          Interestingly, Ngreth indicated in a SOE thread that he wasn't aware that you couldn't stack 2 of the same augment in an item.

Which means that the intended design was for 19 AC 450 hp 250 end/mana 23 all resists, instead of the current max of 19 AC 350 HP/end/mana 23 all resists.

Currently, there doesn't seem to be much reason not to use the 100 HP or 100 mana/end type 10 gems in your jewelcraft piece. Are there any good type 10 gems that I missed?
          Even if this wasn't intentional, I think that it's a good thing. It encourages more diversity.
          Strike the Forge.

Master Artisan Tyranthin Bladesong
          Realm of the Rathe

Smithing: 300/345/3...Jewelcrafting: 300/345...Pottery: 300/336...Baking: 300/336...Brewing: 300/336...Tailoring: 300/345/3...Fletching: 300/336

Keijcravtx Mindbomber, Gnome Extraordinaire, Jewelcrafting: 300/315...Tinkering: 300/336...Research: 227/238

Comment

I agree: but it also reduces the effective power level of the items, as you can't stack the ideal type 10 augment on it twice.

Which might leave room for a type 7/9 slot to be added.
            --
            No, really.

Comment

We intended you to be able to put in 10 of them... There just seems to be a code issue here and we have put in a code bug about it.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Wait, what? Did you just say you wanted ten aug slots on the JC items?
                Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

... I think Ngreth is talking in binary?

Ngreth, ever since LDoN you have not been allowed to put the exact same augment into an item twice, regardless of the LORE status.

I will admit there are very few situations where being able to put the same augment in twice in one item causes a problem, however.

And yes, the jewelry will look prettier if the side stones can be a matched pair.
                  --
                  No, really.

Comment

Every piece I have made/sold has been one of two type 10 combos either emerald and opal for 100 hit/mana or opal and peridot for 100 hit / 10 AC for pure melee types.

Comment

I really do wish there was more "trade off" type choices involved and not simply a few gems that are the best.
                      All the "high end" gems that can be cut into any shape are 100% inferior to taff, I don't see any of the side gems being used besides the three i mentioned above.
                      I imagine there will be some call for sapphires, rubies, and fire emeralds in main slots also(unless there is a level restriction placed on items later), but at this time anyway I'm saving the 10 bars of dwerium I can enchant a day for Taff stuff.
                      Last edited by Greylon; 11-20-2007, 10:54 AM. Reason: content

Comment

Originally posted by Greylon View Post
                        I really do wish there was more "trade off" type choices involved and not simply a few gems that are the best.
                        All the "high end" gems that can be cut into any shape are 100% inferior to taff, I don't see any of the side gems being used besides the three i mentioned above.
                        I imagine there will be some call for sapphires, rubies, and fire emeralds in main slots also(unless there is a level restriction placed on items later), but at this time anyway I'm saving the 10 bars of dwerium I can enchant a day for Taff stuff.

See my post in Kyros' JC Summary Spreadsheet thread.

The short answer is no, the vendor gems cannot be cut all 7 ways (14 if you state with or without eye glass). Which I can understand.

I would have liked to see the new uncut gems have multiple cuts, but I am not disappointed at all with the changes.

Gorse

Comment

If there are level restriction on the gems in the future, chances are taffeite will have the highest recommended or required level. That would still give us a reason to cut the other "inferior" gems for the lower level players.

And I'd love to see an item that you can put 10 of them in =) I think Ngreth meant identical slot 10 augs in one but he'd have to come back and explain.

Grolyn Blacknife
                          Beastlord
                           T:7
                           M:0
                           T:6
                           M:1
                          Fletching:
                           M:2
                          Zira Blacknife
                          Shaman
                          Maelin Starpyre
                          Vazaelle
                          Reiseraa
                          Necro
                          Research:

Comment

Not sure how your response applies to my post, I'm well aware of what gems can be cut in what fashion.
                            I was simply stating that I wish there was more trade off situations involved in revamp instead of simply superior or inferior.
                            Harmongate, prstidigitate and whichever other gem it is that can be cut all 7 ways (can't recall name off top of me head) are inferior in every way to Taff, not diffrent, inferior.
                            The type 10 stones will be either emerald and opal or opal and peridot in 99% of the items made I would be willing to bet.

Don't get me wrong I was very happy to see the changes, started me making jewelry again (and making a lot of money in the process) but that doesn't mean I can't see things I wish were diffrent

Comment

I agree with Greylon 100%. I -assume- that recommended or required levels are going to be applied to this stuff at some point, so eventually Staurolite/Prestidigitaste/Harmonagate will have a point... but I'm really concerned about how terrible most of the storebought gems are compared to the Opal and Emerald. Would it be so wrong to add 75 HPs or 75 mana or some combination thereof to some of the stupid stat gems? Force people to make some real decisions instead of just going Taaf/Opal/Peridot (tanks) or Taaf/Opal/Emerald (casters).
                              Unmei, Coercer, Lanys.

Comment

Working...
                              X