Prestidigitase item discrepancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prestidigitase item discrepancy?

Question is this: Are some Prestidigitase 75hp/75mana items (the various rings) meant to be no level limit, while some others (earrings, neck) have the dreaded recomm 67/ required 62 label.

Is this as intended?

The rings look a very tempting buy for twinking but I remember very well the Javelin fiasco of few months back.

I should mention I am not a high-end jeweler, best I have is 250 on my chanty, thus my question is more from a buyer's perspective.

The only thing we have heard definitly on the prestidigitase is the trivial will be raised. The PoR jewelry seems to have an odd hodgepodge of rec/req levels. The earrings all have the 67/62 levels (even the 35 hp staurolite ones), while the top rings (100 hp harmonagate) only have a 55/50 restriction. My expectation (this is just a guess.. so it doesn't hold any weight) is that the staurolite items will have no rec/req level, the prestidigitase will have the 55/50 levels, and the harmonagate will get the 67/62 levels.

Comment

I just saw a Pear Cut Harmonagate Palladium Ring in game that had 20AC, stats, and 140hp/mana/end, with levels of 68/65.
      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Originally posted by Nugg
        Question is this: Are some Prestidigitase 75hp/75mana items (the various rings) meant to be no level limit, while some others (earrings, neck) have the dreaded recomm 67/ required 62 label.

Is this as intended?
        I ran into a similar issue. I had a prestidigitase that I found on a vendor. I asked a guildie to make me a piece of jewelry. I settled on the necklace, because that would have been the biggest upgrade for me (I had been looking at the rings, and noted that they didn't have a required level, so I assumed this was the case for all the pieces). He made it, and it turned out to be required 62 (my chanty is 52) so he could not use it.

I agree that there needs to be some consistency with these.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies!

That Harmonagate ring looks about right. Naturally, if it didn't have required level you would know that is not intended.

It is that lack of consistency with Prestidigase rings that worries me.

Comment

I have been selling the Prestidigase rings in the bazaar. I am still working towards 300, and since these items actually sell, spending 2-3k per prestidigase wasn't a problem. Now I'm hearing hints that the Patch next week will put a rec/req level on these items, thus lowering thier value to nil. Gonna cost me a fortune.
            Larlenla 80 Drakkin Paladin * Gythien 80 Erudite Enchanter * Fywien 75 Human Warrior * Deasissa 80 Dark Elf Cleric * Gweryan 68 Dark Elf Necromance * Boopsie 65 Half Elf Druid * and ... the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Deasissa
              Now I'm hearing hints that the Patch next week will put a rec/req level on these items, thus lowering thier value to nil. Gonna cost me a fortune.
              I disagree that the value will be nil. Lower, sure, but there will still be value in an easy to get +75HP/Mana item for level 62.

Comment

I am concerned that the nerf-stick is going to come out on the Palladium Prestidigitase rings also. I have made about 100 or so on Cazic Thule server, touting the virtue of their non-attuneable/no-level-required nature.

If the nerf stick comes out and they are made either (or both) then:
                a) The market will dry up (No big issue, there are always new things to make.)
                b) There are going to be alot of angry buyers with now unusable rings. (Yes big issue, I have a good relationship with the buyers on my server and would be put into a position of "Do I want to buy those back to maintain a pristine reputation?")

If the nerf stick affects future made rings, well, so be it. But if it is retroactive, then I have some things to worry about.
                Squeaky Toy
                300 Smithing 7/7 - 300 Tailoring 7/7 - 300 Jewelcraft 7/7 - 300 Tinkering 7/7 - 300 Pottery 7/7 - 300 Research 7/7 - 300 Baking 7/7 - 300 Brewing 7/7 - 300 Fletching 7/7
                The Meanest Tradeskiller on Cazic Thule

Comment

Originally posted by GrimwoodCT
                  b) There are going to be alot of angry buyers with now unusable rings. (Yes big issue, I have a good relationship with the buyers on my server and would be put into a position of "Do I want to buy those back to maintain a pristine reputation?")
                  Not your fault though. You acted in good faith.

Comment

If they put a required level of 62 on the rings, they become worthless. There are a ton of cheap 70-90 hp rings always in the bazaar, dirt cheap (like 1000pp or less somtimes) due to a required level of 60 or higher.

There is already a 70 hp no req/rec ring in the game made through tradeskills, as I said on the thread weeks ago when I brought this up on the main forum, a required level of 30 would be fair (or better yet, recommended). Anything worse than recommended 45 makes it a trash item that people will only click in order to skill up their trophy (supposedly the trivials are going up, so cut prestidigase should pass 300 probably).

Comment

i've been making these to skill up as well, spending 2-3k for each combine, if they want to help the market, they would get rid of the recommended levels on the earrings and necklaces (or lower them). being able to skill up and also get my money back has made me not mind the whole skilling up process of 280+.

i don't think the market would get very flooded for a long time, since there would be a variety of earrings, necklaces and the rings. if people are putting them on twinks, its most likely they will stay on them awhile.
                      Lixivia_Syrinx_70_Paladin
                      300 Baker , *300 Brewer , 300 Tailor , 300 Smith , 300 Potter , 300 Jeweler , 286 Fletcher .

Comment

Woot!

Just logged on to check. The stats remain the same, still non-attuneable and no level requirement. The trivial on the Pear Cut Prestidigitase has gone up to 356 (I think) but I feel that is little worry. I imagine all other cut Prestidigitase will have the same trivial.

Overall I am relieved at the relatively small change in this type of item.
                        Squeaky Toy
                        300 Smithing 7/7 - 300 Tailoring 7/7 - 300 Jewelcraft 7/7 - 300 Tinkering 7/7 - 300 Pottery 7/7 - 300 Research 7/7 - 300 Baking 7/7 - 300 Brewing 7/7 - 300 Fletching 7/7
                        The Meanest Tradeskiller on Cazic Thule

Comment

Well Pooh!

I just made a Marquise Cut Prestidigitase Velium Earring and it's the same except for having only ONE type 7 slot.

Is the the work of that dastardly nerf stick?
                          Qtpie
                          Druzzil-Ro

Grandmistress Crafter:
                          Fletcher (300), Tailor (262), Potter (300), Jeweler (300) Baker (300), Brewer (300) and Smith (300)

Comment

It only ever had one slot. Ngreth accidently entered slot 2 and 3 as type one slots, visibility 0, rather than type 0 slots visibility 1. In game you have never been able to see or use the other 2 slots(they were invisible), but lucy doesn't parse the visibility field so they showed up there. Whoever submitted the data here, probably just cut and paste from lucy.

Comment

I could have sworn I fixed all the Prestidigitase items in our DB. I'll go back and look again.
                              Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                              Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                              Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                              Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Working...
                              X