We're "Sort of" Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're "Sort of" Back

Racknine finally, after months, has unlocked our forums again. The hubbyogre and I now have to decide how we want to proceed, forum-wise moving forward, so hold onto your hats, folks! Things may change a bit still.

Welcome back! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
    Inyidd Bullneck - Dorf Waryer - Morell-Thule

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every last second of it!

Comment

I can comment here.!

We were hacked. But only the Forums. The forums are on an actual different server from the main site, so the main site was safe.

Then I had a difficult time getting a response from the host.

I made another attempt to contact the host Wednesday, and they responded! They nuked all files but left the DB. With the DB I was able to recover simply by installing the forums and running an upgrade!

So there isn't particular "help" required. Thanks for the offer!

As far as I know, the forums are fully functional now!
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

(To clarify, my understanding is that the hack was so they could use our forums to send out spam far and wide, not to access our user data. Still not a happy thing for us, but at least less drastic for our community!)

Comment

Welcome back! Also, huge thanks to the work you do. Maxing out my Artisan's Prize gave me a huge feeling of accomplishment and would never have been possible for me without this site. Also, thanks to the ogre for the increased communication on the EQLive boards. It has been noticed and appreciated by many. I also forgive you for the "bellow" typo.

Comment

Was supposed to have a smiley face on the end of that.

Comment

Welcome back! I missed you so. I had almost given up hope!

Comment

Working...
              X