Foraging ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foraging ability

Just was wondering why the skill level change for foraging implemented with SOF. If my druid forages every time with a skill level of 200 at level 68 why was the skill level changed to 250? Are there plans to make it possible to not forage an item with a skill level of under 250? If that is the plan I have more leveling to do on my other 2 druids that are capped at 200 atm.

they put in the planned forage AA for everyone. so those who already had it, got a cap raise, those that didn't got something.

Alliance Artisan
    Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

The higher your skill, the better chance you have of getting one of the special forages. So, the if you get your skill up, you'll get more of the good things and less of the pods of water, veggies, roots, etc.
      -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
      try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Thanks for the replys So if my 68 druid, whose skill in foraging can now go to 250, if I use the 3 aa's for the new foraging aa he will then be able to go to a skill level of 300?

Comment

And it is more complicated than "more of the good things"

Basically there are thee tables.

Those tables CAN be totally independent, and sometimes are.

but USUALLY those tables are the same, except that the numbers skew up towards the "special" drops and less of the "common" drops as you get to a higher table.

As your skill increases you hit the higher table more often than the lower tables.

So overall yes, it skews you towards more of the special stuff and less of the "common" stuff.

you just may not see a drastic change, but there will be a change.

In SOME zones (none in the last 4 expansions!) all three tables are exactly the same... (there are three fields that reference tables, those fields in some zones reference exactly the same table) but this is rare, or only for old zones.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Forage skill

Originally posted by Satrrarn View Post
            Thanks for the replys So if my 68 druid, whose skill in foraging can now go to 250, if I use the 3 aa's for the new foraging aa he will then be able to go to a skill level of 300?
            As far as I know, you can not increase your skill further by buying the forage AA for your druid, you got it for free, when you skill was boosted to 250, afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by Satrrarn View Post
              The druid foraging AA's are to increase the number of items foraged per attempt.

Comment

Seems like things might be a bit broken. My Druid friend who had 200 forage and HAS NOT purchased the new Forage AA is getting skill ups past 200 in forage.
                Master Artisan Taglos Huntmaster of Tunare
                Venerable Polymer Prelate of Tunare
                Guild Leader of Alliance of Hope

Comment

My skill increased to 201--with a displayed cap of 250--even though I haven't bought the "Foraging" AA. Now every forage appears to be from the "common" table (pods of water, rabbit meat, etc.).

Comment

Maddoc may have also increased that skill. I am not sure. I will look into it.
                    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                    Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200
                    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Kemie Dreamshadow View Post
                      The druid foraging AA's are to increase the number of items foraged per attempt.
                      Druids also got Forage AA, which will raise an extra 50. In addition, it appears forage was increased by 50 for druids (I forgot to chech on my ranger). I have a level 60 druid forage bot that is now listed with a max of 250 (but has not yet purchased the new AAs).

The druid does also have th first three ranks of the increased forage.

Gorse

Comment

They must have put a level restriction on the automatic increase to 250 also. My level 55 druid with the 3 aa's didn't get the extra 50 skill level points added when SOF went live.

Comment

There are two different Forage AA's.

Nature's Bounty. This increases your chances to forage more than one item at a time. It appears that NB6 will give you a double forage every time.

Foraging. This is the new one. It will add 50 to the forage skill cap and becomes available at level 51. If you had no forage ability before, you skill cap will be 50 after purchase (enough to slowly starve to death).

A skill of 50 will give someone about a 25% chance of success on a forage attempt. A skill of 200 will give someone a 100% success rate on foraging. As Ngreth stated, the higher the skill the more likely you are to hit the higher foraging table. So while a skill of 250 is not going to help your success rate, it will help your rate in getting the "rare" forages. This may or may not be a good thing for rangers and druids, depending on what you are looking for. If you want cinnamon stick, you are hosed because you will get more ripened heartfruits. If you want Air-infused Spring Water, then it will help.
                          Huntmaster Bariag DarkWoods

Master Artisan

Comment

Originally posted by gggrant View Post
                            There are two different Forage AA's.

Nature's Bounty. This increases your chances to forage more than one item at a time. It appears that NB6 will give you a double forage every time.

Foraging. This is the new one. It will add 50 to the forage skill cap and becomes available at level 51. If you had no forage ability before, you skill cap will be 50 after purchase (enough to slowly starve to death).
                            This part I understand. I have the first 3 aa's from Nature's Bounty on my level 55 druid and the 68 druid. When the expansion for SOF went live the 68 druid automatically received the skill level upgrade to 250 but the 55 druid is still at 200. I didn't spend any aa's on the 68 for the skill level upgrade in the new aa foraging listed in general. Was just wanting to know the level at which this aa was automatically given out at? 60, 65?

Comment

I don't know if it is pertinent or not, but while my 75 druid's skill list now shows max forage as 250, I haven't purchased the new forage AA and with random foraging (when I'm not busy tradeskilling) her skill hasn't gone up at all yet.

So either the RNG is just being its customary nasty self, or you need to purchase the AA to actually see the skill increase?

Comment

Working...
                              X