Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wholesome Tradeskill Goodness

Greetings Tradeskillers (sane and otherwise!),

Over the past few weeks, Absor and I have had opportunity and cause to look into a few of the issues you guys have brought up, both here and at Fan Faire, and I'm posting here today to give you guys a rundown of all of the wonderful things you guys can expect to see in the future, so first.... Let's start with the Top-10 Tradeskillers Issues:
    • Velium Weapon / Ore Conversions -

• This is a particularly large issue that I didn't have time to get to this time around, primarily because it's going to require extra-special care to ensure that we don't introduce any profitability exploits. Fear not! It's still on the list and has even moved up a rank or two.

• Bag Tokens -

• Additional Tokens - Most specialty bags and containers have been added to this NPC. If there are any more, feel free to let me know, I'll throw it on the list.

• Adding Bag Stats - This turns out to be more difficult than it initially seems and didn't make it in this round. It'll remain on the list for the future, though it may take some time.

• Rotating Stock -

• Tanker says, 'About a month ago, I spent some time looking into this, and discovered a few gotcha's in the Merchant code that make this more than a one-day project. In talking about it with my lead, it was decided that the solutions to these problems were both too time-consuming for right now, and contained side-effects that would need full review before this was done. An optimist would place this issue as "Under review", but under no circumstances would I look for this Soon(TM). However, without going into ANY specifics, I wouldn't be surprised by an alternative method of gathering supplies coming up in the future... don't ask.'

• Nitram Anizok -

• This is something that we need to investigate a bit, to make sure I'm not trivializing any combines or breaking any quests / events by moving him.

• Missing Ingredients -

• Each of the items on this list now drop in game off of appropriate NPC's.

• Spiderling Silk Drops -

• The drop rates of these haven't ever changed as far as I can tell, but given the number of new combines that require these as a component, it seems they are due for a little boost. The drop rate of Spiderling Silks has been increased by a good margin across the board.

• Tradeskill Trophies -

• This isn't something that I'm inclined to do quite yet, though it is something that we might do in the future, perhaps as part of an Aid Grimmel / Shawl style quest.

• Add Additional Mastery Skills -

• With Omens, there are several additional "Mastery" AA's available to the players.

• As mentioned at Fan Faire, there are currently no plans to extend JCM to any additional classes.

• Portable / Multi-User Containers -

• Multi-User Containers - This is not something that is able to be done at the current time, though a portable Still has been added for the Brewers, though the gnomes still have yet to figure out how to produce a forge in a small, lightweight, and easy to carry package.

• Rune of Zephyr -

• Added this rune to the drop tables -- It should now drop off of the appropriate level of NPC's.

It looks like you might need to come up with some more items for your top-10 list! With these out of the way, I'll give you a list of the other items that you can expect to see in the next update as well:

• Increased the drop rate of Tae Ew Scales.
    • Increased the drop rate of Putrescent Blood.

• Made fire beetle eyes stackable.
    • Made several quest-related combines "Learnable".

• Fixed a few grammatical issues with the "Forge of Icewell Arms" book.
    • Fixed an issue with one of the Abysmal Sea tradeskill books (The Beauty of a Simple Stone). It should now be able to be read.
    • Fixed the recipe for the Imbued Northman Kite Shield (Rallos).
    • Fixed the research recipe for Malosini, it should now combine properly.
    • Fixed the recipe for Tuna Rice Surprise, it will now return the Wok on success.
    • Fixed the Large Sandblasted Steel Girth, it is now usable by the appropriate races.
    • Fixed the Sandblasted Ringmail Bracelet, it is now usable by the appropriate races.
    • Fixed the multiple-recipes for Vegetable Oil, they will now return the correct yields.
    • Fixed the disparity in between the cast-times on the various "Greater Elixer of Concentration" potions.

• Added the Blood Treated Kaniz Hide to the game.
    • Added a recipe for players to create a package of vegetables.
    • Added a "Fully Charged Gnomish Vanishing Device" to the game.
    • Added LDoN Foraged items to the Interactive Objects in all LDoN zones (this includes the forged alchemy components).

• Removed the lore tag from the Smithing Chisel.

• Taught Barbarians how to make Large Leather Gorgets and Pants.

• Evaluated the PoP Smithing disparity between plate and chain. This was by far the largest task that took the most time, and I think most of the smiths will be pleased with the results
      • One block of ore will now yeild two sheets of metal.
      • Removed the Chain Jointing requirement from the combine. It now requires one Superb Leather Padding instead.

Keep in mind that these changes aren't yet live, but will be in the next time we update all live servers. Aside from that, there you have it, that's a pretty big list of stuff, so enjoy!

-- Maddoc the Wayfarer
    -- Assistant Lead Designer
    -- EverQuest Live & Expansions
    -- Sony Online Entertainment
    Last edited by Maddoc-the-Wayfarer; 11-17-2004, 11:46 AM.
    Maddoc the Wayfarer
    Assistant Lead Designer
    EverQuest Live & Expansions

"Bristle.Tornt: How do I make metal bits?"

Woot.. totally groovy maddoc, much thanks

Hoping the gnomes figure out the portable forge, but DEFINITELY pleased by the significant fixes/upgrades/etc.

SFG
    Magelo Profile

Comment

Holy smokes, that's a big list.

Thank you, Maddoc. Thanks VERY much for these.

Gonna take us all a while to absorb the impact of all this. =)

One thing that caught my eye. Maddoc wrote:
      Removed the Chain Jointing requirement from the combine. It now requires one Superb Leather Padding instead.
      The planar plate armors already require a superb padding. Did you mean something else here?
      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Wow. He addressed (one way or another) everything on the list, and some things that were not on the list. Maddoc has been a busy guy!!!

Thanks Maddoc. And don't worry. We have lots of issues in reserve for the next time we update the list.

Comment

/agree

Many thanks for the update.... Its great to know that our concerns are beeing addressed.

I do have one thing that i have often wondered about for years! (Maybe the Tradeskill reprasentative here can propose it to the list)

Is there any reason why there arnt any static 'Kitchen Worktop' (that has a mixing bowl on it) or a 'Fletchers toolbench' (fletchers kit).

I dont know about the rest of you, but I usually find myself always having 8 containers on myself, bags and currently epic1.5 container. When i need to do a quick mixing bowl combine, or for example my Aid grimmel bow combine, it really is a feat of juggling to ome my stuff around, which involved a mule on a 2nd account dedecated to standing in POK to log on if i need him to hold something.

Just something that i have often wondered about over the years.....
          Pootle Pennypincher
          Short in the eyes of some...
          Tall in the hearts of many!

Comment

Mmmmm! Nutritious and extremely delicious!
            Retiree of EQ Traders...
            Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
            Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
            Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
            EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Hmm..

Farwater Plate Breastplate (Smithing, 335 trivial)
              Storebought Superb Leather Padding (1)
              Emblem of Water (1)
              Crafted with Jewelcraft, 287 Trivial E'cian Ice Chain Jointing (1)
              Crafted with Smithing, 228 Trivial Povarian Mist Temper (1)
              Crafted with Brewing, 135 Trivial Tanaan Smithing Hammer (1)
              Sheet of E'cian Ice (3)

That is the current recipie for the major parts.

Currently this means the jointing listed above requires:
              Povarian Mist Temper x 2
              Chunk of E'cian Ice x 1

Currently on Sheet of E'cian Ice (3) requires the following:
              Chunk of E'cian Ice x 6
              Povarian Mist Temper x 3

New rules would be:
              Chunk of E'cian Ice x 2
              Povarian Mist Temper x 2
              Would make 4 sheets of E'cian Ice

This is a great change and solves the problem Plate vs Chain made armor. We would save 3 Povarian Mist Tempers and 4 chunks of E'cian Ice. It still leaves the problem of ratio drops for the following:

Povarian Mist temper (Drops that are needed) over 6 weeks (25 raids)
              Shimmering Fish Gills - 0 drops
              Soapstone - 14 drops

That would be appreciated if it could be looked into please. Without the Shimmering Fish Gills neither plate or chain can be made. The same is happening with all the Elemental armors in each of the 4 planes. Metallic Substance, Fog Fragment, Gaseous Substance, Shimmering Fish Gills, Liquified Earth, Chips of Granite etc. It seems the drops of all of the above listed are not dropping or dropping on a very low ratio to rest of ingredients needed for tempers (these are the rare ingredients needed to complete tempers needed for elemental armors).
              Last edited by GigantuousOfPovar; 11-11-2004, 10:33 AM. Reason: Updating
              Gigantuous 70 Vanquisher
              Firestormers of Povar
              Master Artisan
              Grandmaster Symbol Maker

Comment

Storebought Emblem of Water (1)

huh?

Great work with all the updates! I can not wait for patch day now =)
                "Glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity."

Comment

Originally posted by Maddoc-the-Wayfarer
                  [*]Nitram Anizok -

• This is something that we need to investigate a bit, to make sure I'm not trivializing any combines or breaking any quests / events by moving him.

I can tell you that yes you would break a quest/event if you moved him.

So you can reduce it to "Would I trivialize any combines by adding his inventory to another vendor" Because moving him himself is not an option.
                  Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                  Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200
                  Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ciraq

huh?

Great work with all the updates! I can not wait for patch day now =)
                    Ouch that was a misprint from allakazam's emblem of water is crafted not storebought
                    Gigantuous 70 Vanquisher
                    Firestormers of Povar
                    Master Artisan
                    Grandmaster Symbol Maker

Comment

WOWIE WOWIE WOWIE!

Much for Maddoc and crew!

A couple of disappointments, yes (JCM and no mention of a Research trophy ) but the rest is WONDERFUL!

One request: patch NOW please !
                      Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
                      Silky Moderator Lady
                      Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Pootle wrote :

I dont know about the rest of you, but I usually find myself always having 8 containers on myself, bags and currently epic1.5 container. When i need to do a quick mixing bowl combine, or for example my Aid grimmel bow combine, it really is a feat of juggling to ome my stuff around, which involved a mule on a 2nd account dedecated to standing in POK to log on if i need him to hold something.
                        A tinker can lessen your burden here. Purchase the collapsible tradeskill containers and carry several of them inside another bag. Leave one inventory slot open and summon the one you want.

Comment

I like the the packaged veggies i Have almost two backpacks full of veggies in my bank. Oh and now i may finally try making that tuna thing once it is updated.
                          Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

Comment

Ngreth wrote :

So you can reduce it to "Would I trivialize any combines by adding his inventory to another vendor" Because moving him himself is not an option.
                            I do not see the issue here with trivializing combines. Whether the item are sold by Nitram or someone else they still cost the same. The recipes using them are unchanged. The only thing that Nitram serves to do at this moment is to prevent tinkers who are not necros or rogues from accessing these supplies. All classes should have equal access to these items. This is not the same case as is forages which use a class specific skill.

IMHO, just make gnome directly outside windmill zone in point a vendor. He is already associate with the lore of POI and accepts certain quest items
                            Last edited by Zildaren Foozlebane; 11-11-2004, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Ok well that would explain my getting 2 Rune of Zephyrs in 2 lvl 70 Guk LDON adventures in a row. Its fixed on Test server aparently.

And theres my other post about Yaeths 73 Right dropping in The Hole.

Ill poke about and see if i can figure out the fully charged GVD.
                              Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
                              Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

Working...
                              X