Tailoring - LoY ribbons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailoring - LoY ribbons

(The question was asked - do the LoY ribbons make a realistic alternative to acrylia for skilling up in the mid 100s? This was my answer)

I think they are definitely to be considered as an alternative to acrylia. Certainly for those with more money than time.

There are 36 ribbons in all. Each takes a <metal> ribbon (silver/gold/platinum), and a dye. The ribbons are only available in the Gunthak lighthouse, and cost ~ 16pp / 31pp / 105pp. They are NO DROP, and stackable. The end product ribbons are also stackable.

There are 12 dyes in all, each is mid-level brew of a dropped-and-foraged item with water. These dye components are to be found in vaguely race-related zones, appropriate to the race that will use the ribbon to make a robe. However, since anyone can make any ribbon, that's just a minor detail for those skilling up.

The dyes can be divided into two groups, let's just call them A and B. The trivials for the ribbon combines are then as follows:

silver + dye from group A = 116
    silver + dye from group B = 121 probably; best info is 119-131
    gold + dye from group A = 162
    gold + dye from group B = 167
    platinum + dye from group A = 182
    platinum + dye from group B = 187

I think I must also mention here in passing the also-new-with-LoY recipe for a folded bearskin potion bag which takes a thick grizzly bear skin, silk cord, gold ribbon and trivials at 162. Vendor diving in newbie zones such as EC will often produce many thick grizzly bear skins

Here are the dye components and their zones. As well as being foraged, they also DROP off mobs in the relevant zones, which means that depending on your level, mass green slaughter might be the way to go:

Group A:
    Plains Roots (West Commonlands)
    Honey Berry (Dreadlands)
    Steamfont Springwater (Steamfont)
    Sylvan Berries (Lesser Faydark)
    Cursed Clover of Viesar (Overthere)
    Seahorse Roe (Erud's Crossing)

Group B:
    Plant Shoots (Jaggedpine)
    Maneater Bud (Swamp of No Hope)
    Cauldron Prawns (Dagnor's Cauldron)
    Lichenclover (Firiona Vie, Frontier Mountains)
    Ashweed (Lavastorm)
    Bamboo Shoot (Stonebrunt)

Check for these in the bazaar; some are more common than others. Prices (at least on Tunare) seem to run around 20-30pp.

Also check threads passim for info on what mobs DROP these things. I believe Steamfont kobolds are the lowest level mob to drop any of these items and hence the favored target for mass greenie slaughter. If you're gonna set up a forager, be sure to check the foraged items page so you can pick a zone with few 'rare' forages other than the one you want (hint: Dagnor's ).

Anyway I've done more than enough research for you, and given you all the words with which to search for other threads - I'll just mention the one-time cost of the shears (not much at all), and remind you that platinum ribbons cost 105pp and the finished product sells to vendors for less than 30pp, so if you prefer farming rockhoppers and acrylia to farming cash, this isn't the way for you.

Good luck!
    Nichola Smith
    Archon of Erollisi Marr
    Tunare
Working...
X