Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to Coldain Shawl 2.0

Still Hungry

This is the first quest in the Coldain Shawl 2.0 series. To request this task you must have your Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl and a raw skill of 300 in baking.

Quest NPC: Chamberlain Thoridain, Brell's Temple

Task steps:
    Speak with Dorrvix - Brell's Rest
    Create 1 Brell's Bounty Steamed Steaks using tradeskills - ALL
    Deliver 1 Brell's Bounty Steamed Steaks to Dorrvix - Brell's Rest
    Speak with Talbot Roaringhead - The Cooling Chambers
    Create 1 Divine Snow Griffin Souffle using tradeskills - ALL
    Deliver 1 Divine Snow Griffin Souffle to Talbot Roaringhead - The Cooling Chambers
    Deliver 1 Divine Snow Griffin Souffle to Upper Foreman - The Cooling Chambers
    Deliver 1 Divine Snow Griffin Souffle to Middle Forman - The Cooling Chambers
    Deliver 1 Divine Snow Griffin Souffle to Lower Foreman - The Cooling Chambers
    Speak with Yolgund Murkwader - The Underquarry
    Create 1 Ale Marinated Cliknar Claws using tradeskills - ALL
    Deliver 1 Ale Marinated Cliknar Claws to Yolgund Murkwader - The Underquarry
    Speak with Turuff the Warrior - Kernagir, the Shining City
    Create 1 Turuff's Favorite Meat using tradeskills - ALL
    Deliver 1 Turuff's Favorite Meat to Turuff the Warrior - Kernagir, the Shining City
    Speak with Master Alchemist Vakros - Brell's Temple
    Create 1 Clockwork Stew using tradeskills - ALL
    Deliver 1 Clockwork Stew to Master Alchemist Vakros - Brell's Temple
    Wear your Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl and speak to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
    Deliver your Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple

Combines:

Brell's Bounty Steamed Steaks (trivial:400)
    •Prepared Brell's Bounty
    •Essence of Steam
    •Jug of Sauces
    •Spices

Divine Snow Griffin Souffle (trivial:400)
    •Snow Griffin Egg
    •Caveflower Pollen
    •Neutralized Goo Acid
    •Spices

Ale Marinated Cliknar Claws (trivial:400)
    •Intact Cliknar Claws x3
    •2x Brewed 2x Stout Dwarven Ale
    •Spices

Turuff's Favorite Meat (trivial:400)
    •Grilled Horse Meat
    •Brown Gravy x2
    •Filleting Knife

Clockwork Stew (trivial:400)
    •Organic Clockwork Oil
    •Clockwork Balance Gear
    •Grilled Minotaur Meat
    •Vegetables
    •Pot

Details:
    Upon zoning into Brell's Temple with your prayer shawl, you receive an emote.

"Chamberlain Thoridain says 'I sense a sacred relic of Brell on your person. If you would like to know more about this relic, come speak to me.'"

Chamblerlain Thoridain is located in the central room near Brell Serilis. Hailing him starts the following dialogue.

You say, 'Hail, Chamberlain Thoridain'
    Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Greetings upworlder, and welcome to the Temple of Brell. As soon as you entered the temple I could sense the energy of a sacred relic, though I am unable to determine which one. Would you be willing to [show] me the relic you possess?'
    You say, 'show'
    Chamberlain Thoridain says 'A Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl! That brings back memories of my life in Thurgadin. Many ages ago, I served Brell there as a priest, much as I do now in His temple. The Thoridain family was responsible for testing those aspiring to the highest ranks of the shawl. Very few reached that point, and almost none ever attained what you now hold in your hands. To have earned such a relic of Brell is unheard of for one who is not a [Coldain].'
    You say, 'coldain'
    Chamberlain Thoridain says 'We consider ourselves to be His most devoted servants. In the time I have spent here, many new wonders were created. My understanding of the will of Brell expanded and was able to realize how much more we were capable of honoring our creator. With this new insight, I was inspired to devise a new series of trials for the devoted. Those who prove their worth would be rewarded new, more powerful shawls as symbols of their increasing [devotion to Brell].'
    You say, 'devotion to brell'
    Chamberlain Thoridain looks pained and says 'Despite our new devotion to Brell, something changed recently and he no longer speaks to us. He is consumed entirely with the creation of something and never leaves the workshop anymore. Perhaps we could help each other here. If you were willing to undertake the new trials showing your devotion, it might turn his attention to you, and in turn you would receive a much improved shawl for each trial you pass. Would you like to begin the first [trial]?'
    You say, 'trial'
    You have been assigned the task 'Still Hungry'.
    Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Excellent! Although we are spirits and no longer require food, we still remember the wonderful taste. There are several whom I would like you to visit. Find out what food they would most like to have and prepare it for them. Although this may seem pointless, the effect on their spirits will be tremendous. Hopefully such an act of goodwill toward His followers will not go unnoticed.'

The first NPC is Dorrvix. Dorrvix is located in the gnoll camp in Brell's Rest.

You say, 'Hail, Dorrvix'
    Your task 'Still Hungry' has been updated.
    Dorrvix says 'You want know what Dorrvix want? Dorrvix want food. Dorrvix want Brell's [Bounty] [cooked] right way.'
    You say, 'bounty'
    Dorrvix says 'To make good cooked Brell's Bounty you need good Brell's Bounty, sauces, and spices. Don't forget steam best way to cook.'
    You say, 'cooked'
    Dorrvix says 'Yes. [Steam] only way. Other way cook too much.'
    You say, 'steam'
    Dorrvix says 'Dorrvix no know. You find steam. Maybe stick head in lava!'

Brell's Bounty are common ground spawns all throughout Brell's Rest and Cooling Chambers as well as can be foraged in the UF expansion. To prepare the brell's bounty you need to combine it in a mixing bowl with a water flask. The steam he speaks of is a drop from the elemenals in Brell's Rest, Essence of Steam. It is flagged as a quest item and used in tradeskills and is tradeable. Make the brell's bounty steam steaks in an oven/spit and hand it in to Dorrvix. Upon handing the item in to Dorrvix, you get the task to update and

Dorrvix says 'Good good! Look good! Dorrvix eat. You go away now.'

Next you need to go to Cooling Chambers and speak with Talbot Roaringhead. Talbot is located in the 2nd room of dwarves.

You say, 'Hail, Talbot Roaringhead'
    Talbot Roaringhead says 'Chamberlain Thoridain sent you to me to ask what I desire? That man deservers your respect, he is a great soul. Be sure you always speak to him with respect and speak of him well. What I desire will not be the easiest thing for you to get, it will even require that you go back to my homeland to retrieve a particular [egg].'
    You say, 'egg'
    Talbot Roaringhead says 'Yes. I long for the taste of snow griffon eggs. I know it is asking much of you, but it would really raise my spirits. If you will take on this task, I have a particular way to [cook] this that would be ideal and has never been done before.'
    You say, 'cook'
    Talbot Roaringhead says 'Take a single snow griffon egg and mix it with spices, neutralized goo acid and caveflower pollen. The neutralized acid will help the frothiness of the egg, and give a slight salt taste. The pollen will give a faint hint of honey to the overall dish. You should be able to find the neutralized acid and caveflower pollen within the cooling chamber.'

Snow griffin eggs if you recall were used in the first coldain shawl series and are an uncommon drop from the snow griffins that roam around the Eastern Wastes. These eggs are no drop. The caveflower pollen is a no drop, lore ground spawn near the zone in of cooling chambers. It is under a light producing flower at the bottom of the ramp that leads back out to Brell's Rest. It is not a very long respawn timer and if you bring a spit with you, along with the eggs and spices you can pick a few of them up while hunting the goos near the zone in for the acid. The neutralizing goo acid is an uncommon to rare drop from any goo model in the zone it is tradeable. Upon handing one of the divine snow griffin souffles in to Talbot, you receive the following message.

Talbot Roaringhead says 'Oh my. That is most excellent. I must commend you on a job well done. It is so well executed that I insist you share this with my foremen. I know that may not have been part of the original deal and may inconvenience you, but I truly insist.'

You now must deliver a souffle to each of the 3 foreman located in the cooling chambers. Simply head down the 2 paths and locate the 3 foreman. South path takes you to the upper foreman and deeper in will be the lower foreman by the lake. The middle foreman is down the east path from Talbot.

Once you hand all 3 in you are now ready to move on to the Underquarry and find Yolgund Murkwader.

You say, 'Hail, Yolgund Murkwader'
    Yolgund Murkwader says 'So. The uppity Chamberlain Thordain sent ya to find what I desire. I desire a bit o' a break. Yes, I do enjoy the work, but I still need a break. I do nae forsee that happening, so perhaps I can kill two bugs with one weapon, and ye be my weapon. I desire ale marinated [cliknar] claws.'
    You say, 'cliknar'
    Yolgund Murkwader says 'The cliknar have turned into a scourge upon the underfoot. While I have never tasted their meat, I am willing to try it for the fact that you will need to kill some to make it. Take 3 claws, and marinate them in double brewed double stout dwarven ale and spices.'

Head into the southern stonequarry and then east into the silver mines of the Underquarry and you will find the cliknar. The models that stand up right with 4 arms have the chance to drop the intact cliknar claws, tradeable item. Then you need to brew or get a bottle of 2x brewed 2x stout dwarven ale. The easiest place I found was to go to Crescent Reach on the main floor as all the components are sold by vendors there to make the ale. Combine 3 of the claws with 1 of the ales and some spices in an oven or spit and return to the Underquarry and hand it in to Yolgund.

Yolgund Murkwader says 'Thank you. I will try this later. While it does not look appetizing, it does smell rather good.'

The next step is to find Turuff the Warrior in Kernagir, the Shining City. From the zone in you head NW to the first building and inside you go around the corner and will find a circle of about 10-12 NPCs. Turuff is a kobold standing by a pillar facing into the circle.

You say, 'Hail, Turuff the Warrior'
    Turuff the Warrior says 'Turuff desire good [meat].'
    You say, 'meat'
    Turuff the Warrior says 'Turuff smart. Turuff know you know what best meat is and Turuff no need to tell you. You no trick Turuff. You know [gravy] as well.'
    You say, 'gravy'
    Turuff the Warrior says 'Yes. The gravy is good. Use much gravy. Be sure you chop meat too.'

The meat he desires is horse meat. You can find horse meat in PoR zones, Theater of Blood or Elddar Forest. You will need to grill the horse meat, combine in a mixing bowl, horse meat with a grilling sauce. The gravy he is referring to is brown gravy. This is made from vendor sold components, again I recommend Crescent Reach as it has all the components in the same zone. The gravy is made in an oven or spit and then you combine the grilled horse meat with 2 brown gravy and to chop it, you use a filleting knife. This is a crafted tool that is returned on success. Return to Kernagir and hand the Turuff's Favorite Meat back into Turuff.

Turuff the Warrior says 'See Turuff told you Turruf smart. Turuff find good person to make Turuff favorite food.'

Now you must go to Brell's Temple and in the central hub area where Brell Serilis paces you will find Master Alchemist Vakros.

You say, 'Hail, Master Alchemist Vakros'
    Master Alchemist Vakros says 'Hello hello. Desire. But desire is not logical. But I can work with it anyway. I know what I desire. I desire a [Geerlok hypermodulating endospaning exotool].'
    You say, 'Geerlok hypermodulating endospaning exotool'
    Master Alchemist Vakros says 'Oh. You want to know what food I desire? How disappointing. Could you instead get me an [Ambleshift augmenting automator]?'
    You say, 'ambleshift augmenting automator?'
    Master Alchemist Vakros says 'Ok. Just food. I know. [Clockwork Stew].'
    You say, 'clockwork stew'
    Master Alchemist Vakros says 'You don't know how to make it? Well. You need to get organic clockwork oil, and then cook a clockwork balance gear in with grilled minotaur meat and vegetables in a pot. Are you sure you can handle that? Wait. Don't answer. You obviously do not have the skills. I won't count on getting it. Why did you even ask?'

Now you need to go back to Kernagir, the Shining City and kill any clockwork models throughout the zone to get the drops, organic clockwork oil and clockwork balance gear, both are tradeable. Minotaur meat can be found by killing minotaurs anywhere in Norrath, I recommend some place like Dragonscale Hills as it is fairly common there and tradeable. Combine the items together in an oven or spit and return to Brell's Temple to Vakros.

Master Alchemist Vakros says 'See. I told you you could do it. One should never doubt oneself. Thank you, I am sure I will enjoy eating this.'

The next step in the task is to equip your Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl and hail Chamberlain Thoridain who is located in the same room as Vakros.

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Great. Give me your Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl, and I will give you your next shawl.'

After you hail Chamberlain Thoridain you hand your blessed coldain prayer shawl in to him.

You have taken the first step in your path.
    You have gained 5 ability points! You now have 7 ability points.
    You gain experience!!
    Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Yes, you have done very well. Here is your new shawl with any augments you may have had.'

Completing this task I gained 5 aa and received the Blessed Underfoot Prayer Shawl.

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'You have done well on your first trial but so far there has been no reaction from Brell. While this is unexpected, we should continue if we hope to accomplish anything. Are you ready to [begin] the second trial?'
    You say, 'begin'
    You have been assigned the task 'Will it Live?'.

This begins the 2nd task in the series Will it Live?
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Will it Live?

This is the 2nd task in the Coldain Shawl 2.0 series. You must have previously completed Still Hungry and have a raw pottery skill of 300 to request this task.

Task Steps:
    Speak with Foreman Gribblebitz - Foundation
    Find some fresh clay in the foundation - Foundation
    Retrieve some clay from a clay golem - Foundation
    Loot 1 Cliknar Claimed Clay Sample from any cliknar - Foundation
    Collect some Clay of Cosgrove - Brell's Temple (1)
    Collect some Purest Water - Brell's Temple (5)
    Create 1 Unfired Clay Statue using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
    Deliver 1 Clay Statue to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
    Wear your Blessed Underfoot Prayer Shawl and speak with Chamberlain Thoridatin - Brell's Temple
    Deliver your Blessed Underfoot Prayer Shawl to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple

Combines:

Clay Statue (trivial: 15) (Wolf figurine)
    •High Quality Firing Sheet
    •Unfired Clay Statue (trivial: 400)
    ◦Idol Sketch
    ◦Sculpting Tools
    ◦Vial of Purest Water
    ◦Foundation Clay Sample

Clay Statue (trivial: 15) (Eagle figurine)
    ◦Idol Sketch
    ◦Sculpting Tools
    ◦Vial of Purest Water
    ◦Golem Clay Sample

Clay Statue (trivial: 15) (Bear figurine)
    ◦Idol Sketch
    ◦Sculpting Tools
    ◦Vial of Purest Water
    ◦Cliknar Claimed Clay Sample

Clay Statue (trivial: 15) (Lion figurine)
    ◦Idol Sketch
    ◦Sculpting Tools
    ◦Vial of Purest Water
    ◦Clay of Cosgrove Sample

Clay Statue (trivial: 15) (Horse figurine)
    ◦Idol Sketch
    ◦Sculpting Tools
    ◦Vial of Purest Water
    ◦Gribblebitz Clay Sample

Details:
    Start by hailing Chamberlain Thoridain after having received the Blessed Underfoot Prayer Shawl.

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'You have done well on your first trial but so far there has been no reaction from Brell. While this is unexpected, we should continue if we hope to accomplish anything. Are you ready to [begin] the second trial?'
    You say, 'begin'
    You have been assigned the task 'Will it Live?'.
    Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Very well. This trial will have you working with various types of Cosgrove Clay to create some simple statues. We will even see if you can bring life to them. I have given you a tool you will need during part of the quest. If you loose it you can ask me for another [tool], but please be careful, it takes time to make each tool. Good luck!'

Chamberlain Thoridain will give you a Pure Water collecting tool. No stats, goes in primary.

You are going to need to travel to the Foundation. In the farm not far from the zone in is Foreman Gribblebitz.

You say, 'Hail, Foreman Gribblebitz'
    Your task 'Will it Live?' has been updated.
    Foreman Gribblebitz says 'What? Oh, you are one of them. And Thoridain sent you? Well. Oh Clay. Yes, yes, here you go.'

This will get you the Gribblebitz clay sample. Next you will want to go ahead and ask him about the clay as well.

You say, 'what clay'
    Foreman Gribblebitz says 'Oh no! You have been destroying the golems for their clay? No! That will not do! They are important! Here, take this sample tool and get your clay sample that way. What is wrong with all of you people? The first thing you want to do is destroy! If you have not been destroying them, I apologize for my assumptions, but you see what I am dealing with all of the time!'

He will give you a clay sampling device. This device will allow you to retrieve the sample from a clay golem. While next to a clay golem, you can use the device, be warned they will attack as well as any other mobs around them. This will give you the golem clay sample.

If you run around the west side of Foundation, over the small little pits, eventually you will get one that pops an item onto your cursor. This is the Foundation clay sample.

Also over on the west area of Foundation you will find plenty of cliknar mobs. Simply kill them until you get one to drop a cliknar claimed clay sample and loot it.

The pure water collection tool requires to be sterilized before it can be used each time. To do this, you combine the Pure water collection tool with a vodka in a kiln. This creates a Sterilized Pure Water Collecting Tool. Also, you will need to bring idol sketches, sculpting tools, and high quality firing sheets with you to Brell's Temple. The combines for the statues must be done on the pottery wheel and kiln located in Brell's Temple. They are in the main room that Brell paces around on the west side of the room.

From that central room, you will need to clear the mobs in the first room to the west of Brell's room. There is 1 roamer and 4 static spawns. Once all 4 static spawns are dead, simply walk up to the center area, and the clay of cosgrove should appear on your cursor. With all 5 clay samples you will need to clear to the east of the central room. There are 4 static spawns in this room as well. When all are dead, simply walk into the water fountain/pool in the middle of the room with a sterilized pure water collection tool. You will get a vial of purest water and the collection tool back. Run back to the kiln and resterilize your tool and run back. Repeat this until you have all 5 vials of the purest water. Now go over to the pottery wheel in the main central room. Combine an idol sketch + scultping tools + a vial of purest water with each of the 5 clay samples. You will craft 5 unfired clay statues. Next simply fire them in Brell's Temple in the kiln with a high quality firing sheet. Once you have fired all 5 statues, you turn them in to Chamberlain Thoridain. Once you have turned in all 5, simply put on your Blessed Underfoot Prayer Shawl and hail Chamberlain Thoridain again then turn it in to him.

If you were to fail one of the combines on the statues, you can simply hail Chamberlain Thoridain and he will give you the replacements so you do not have to recollect them from mobs.

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Great. Give me your Blessed Underfoot Prayer Shawl, and I will give you your next shawl.'
    You have expanded your knowledge of the clay of cosgrove.
    You gain experience!!
    Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Yes, you have done very well. Not only did you learn that the clay that comes to Brell's Temple is special, you also offered a prayer to Brell just in the act of creating in his presence. Here is your new shawl.'

At this point you will receive the Revered Underfoot Prayer Shawl.

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'While your skills with the Clay of Cosgrove were impressive, it has not moved the Creator. I must admit I have some doubts as to the chances of success but even so, we must try. Are you [willing] to test your skills in the third trial?'
    You say, 'willing'
    You have been assigned the task 'Sewing it Forward'.

This begins the 3rd task in the series Sewing it Forward
    Last edited by Aldier; 04-04-2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Sewing it Forward

This is the 3rd task in the Coldain Shawl 2.0 series. You must have previously completed Will it Live? and have a raw tailoring skill of 300 to request this task.

Task Steps:
      Loot 3 Downy Gnoll Fur - Brell's Rest
      Loot 3 Downy Kobold Fur - Brell's Rest
      Loot 4 Pristine Mephit Wing Veins - Lichen Creep
      Loot 28 Loam Tainted Spider Silks - Fungal Forest
      Loot 10 Loam Tainted Slime - Fungal Forest
      Loot 4 Stonegrund Solvent - The Cooling Chamber
      Collect 12 Glacial Slush Water(s) - The Cooling Chamber
      Create 1 Woven Fur Padding using tradeskills - ALL
      Create 2 Wing Vein Boning using tradeskills - ALL
      Create 6 Underfoot Silk Thread using tradeskills - ALL
      Create 4 Underfoot Silk Swatch using tradeskills - ALL
      Create 1 Underfoot Silk Panel using tradeskills - ALL
      Deliver 1 Woven Fur Padding to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
      Deliver 2 Wing Vein Boning to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
      Deliver 1 Underfoot Silk Panel to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
      Wear your Revered Underfoot Prayer Shawl and speak with Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
      Deliver your Revered Underfoot Prayer Shawl to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple

Combines:

Frost Shocked Downy Gnoll Fur (trivial: 400)
      •Downy Gnoll Fur
      •Glacial Slush Water (x2)

Frost Shocked Downy Kobold Fur (trivial: 400)
      •Downy Kobold Fur
      •Glacial Slush Water (x2)

Woven Fur Padding (trivial: 400)
      •Frost Shocked Downy Gnoll Fur x3
      •Frost Shocked Downy Kobold Fur x3

Wing Vein Boning (trivial: 400)
      •Pristine Mephit Wing Vein x2
      •Stonegrind Solvent x2

Underfoot Silk Thread (trivial: 400)
      •Loam Tainted Spider Silk x2
      •Loam Tainted Slime

Underfoot Silk Swatch (trivial: 400)
      •Underfoot Silk Thread
      •Loam Tainted Spider Silk x4
      •Loam Tainted Slime

Underfoot Silk Panel (trivial: 400)
      •Underfoot Silk Swatch x4
      •Underfoot Silk Thread x2

Details:
      Chamberlain Thoridain says 'While your skills with the Clay of Cosgrove were impressive, it has not moved the Creator. I must admit I have some doubts as to the chances of success but even so, we must try. Are you [willing] to test your skills in the third trial?'
      You say, 'willing'
      You have been assigned the task 'Sewing it Forward'.
      Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Very good then. This trial will have you creating some necessary components of the shawls you have been receiving. These pieces will be used for any devoted followers who undertake these trials after you. Brell always looks kindly on those who help his devoted followers.'

This task starts out listing all the items you need to collect. Once you have collected all of the parts to make the items it unlocks the task steps for you to create the items. The task requires you to loot a certain amount, if you have completed that step and you fail a combine and need more, you can get the items from a vendor or another person if they are tradeable to replenish your supplies but you do have to do the initial looting. When you start the task, you will receive the Glacial Slush Water Collector.

Woven Fur Padding:
      Downy Gnoll Fur drops off of any gnolls in Brell's Rest. They have a camp on the west side of the zone. Downy Kobold Fur drops off of any kobold in Brell's Rest. They have a camp on the east side of the zone. I would estimate it is about a 1 in 10 drop rate for these. When you start the task, you will receive the Glacial Slush Water Collector. This device is used to collect the glacial slush water from the cooling chamber. Go to the deepest part of the zone, where all the undead are by the lake. IVU is a big help. Find the largest iceberg in the lake, stand at the highest point, remove any levitation effects and jump off to the east into the water. Dive down slightly so that you are not floating near the surface, but do not swim all the way to the bottom. Click the Glacial Slush Water Collector and you will get 1 Glacial Slush Water. There is a 1 minute reuse timer on the collector so you will be sitting there for a little while. If you have found the right spot, and you removed any levitation effects, you should remain in the spot so you can repeat the process to collect all the waters you need. Note: THESE WATERS ARE TEMPORARY. Bring your Downy Gnoll and Kobold Furs down with you and combine them after you collect all the waters. 1 Downy Gnoll OR Kobold Fur + 2 Glacial Slush Waters will create Frost Shocked Gnoll or Kobold Furs. Chamberlain Thoridiain warns you that you will lose 1 of 4 of these combines so it can be helpful to bring extras. Once you have 3 Frost Shocked Downy Gnoll Furs and 3 Frost Shocked Downy Kobold Furs, combine them in your sewing kit to create the Woven Fur Padding.

Wing Vein Boning:
      Pristine Mephit Wing Veins drop off of "a deranged mephit" in Lichen Creep. I would estimate these at a 1 in 10 drop rate. The deranged mephits can spawn in the place of any mephit in the zone so you may have to clear a bit to get enough drops. Stonegrind Solvent is a very common drop off of the goo's in the lower section of The Cooling Chamber near the zoneline to Pellucid Grotto. They are not hard to kill and the drops are fairly common. The solvent is no trade so you will need to camp these if you fail a combine and need more. The wing veins are tradeable so after looting your 4 you can get extras from others. Combine 2 of the wing veins with 2 of the solvents in your sewing kit to create the bonings. You need 2 bonings.

Underfoot Silk Panel:
      Head to Fungal Forest. Find any spider mob, I found them most commonly on the west side of the zone closer to Pellucid Grotto. Any spider mob will drop between 1 and 5 Loam Tainted Spider Silks every time. These are fairly easy to collect and just require killing enough spiders. The Loam Tainted Slime drops from the oozes in the southern part of the zone. There are 2 versions of Loam Tainted Slime. The only one that will update the loot step of the task and can be used in the combines drop from a specific ooze "vigorous earth". These spawn in the Hungry Earth camp near Excrug Shrivstem. The slimes drop at about a 1 in 3 drop rate. The silks and the slimes are tradeable so you can get extras from others after fulfilling the loot requirement should you fail a combine. Once you have all the slimes and silks you can begin sewing the silks and swatches together. To make a thread, you need 2 silks and 1 slime. To make a swatch you need 1 thread, 4 silks, and 1 slime. To make the panel you need 4 swatches and 2 threads. This totals to 28 silks and 10 slimes if you have no failures.

Turn in the Woven Fur Padding, the Wing Vein Bonings, and the Underfoot Silk Panel to Chamberlain Thoridain. Put your Revered Underfoot Prayer Shawl on and hail Chamberlain Thoridain.

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Great. Give me your Revered Underfoot Prayer Shawl, and I will give you your next shawl.'

Hand in your shawl and receive Sacred Underfoot Prayer Shawl and 5aa.

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Ah yes. Very good. Service to others, and sharing of your craft is important to Brell.'

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'The craftsmanship of the previous pieces you created was outstanding. Even though nothing has changed with Brell, we will press on. Are you prepared to [accept] the fourth trial?'
      You say, 'accept'
      You have been assigned the task 'Bring Him a Brew!'

This starts the 4th task in the series, Bring Him a Brew!
      Last edited by Aldier; 04-04-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Bring Him a Brew!
        This is the 4th task in the Coldain Shawl 2.0 series. You must have previously completed Sewing it Forward and have a raw brewing skill of 300 to request this task.

Task Steps:
        Create 1 Brell's Best using tradeskills - ALL
        Speak with Thoridain and show him your success making Brell's Best - Brell's Temple
        Collect 1 Brell's Rest Water Sample - Brell's Rest
        Collect 1 Cooling Chamber Water Sample - The Cooling Chamber
        Collect 1 Underquarry Water Sample - The Underquarry
        Collect 1 Foundation Water Sample - The Foundation
        Collect 1 Pellucid Grotto Water Sample - Pellucid Grotto
        Collect 1 Arthicrex Water Sample - Arthicrex
        Collect 1 Fungal Forest Water Sample - Fungal Forest
        Create 1 Pure Underfoot Spirits using tradeskills - ALL
        Collect 1 Jelly of the Cliknar Queen(s) - Arthicrex
        Inform the Chamberlain that you have acquired the Jelly of the Cliknar Queen - Brell's Temple
        Loot 1 Sacred Cask of Brell - ALL
        Create 1 Brell's Mystical Brew using tradeskills - ALL
        Deliver 1 Magical Water Collection Jar to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
        Deliver 1 Brell's Mystical Brew to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
        Wear your Sacred Underfoot Prayer Shawl and speak with Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
        Deliver your Sacred Underfoot Prayer Shawl to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple

Combines:

Brell's Best (trivial: 428)
        •Cosgrove Powder x2
        •Brell's Bounty x2
        •Blessed Water of Brell Serilis
        •Quinine
        •Bottle
        •Cork
        •Barley
        •Malt

Pure Underfoot Spirits (trivial: 400)
        •Cask
        •Barley
        •Yeast
        •Brell's Rest Water Sample
        •Cooling Chamber Water Sample
        •Underquarry Water Sample
        •Foundation Water Sample
        •Pellucid Grotto Water Sample
        •Arthicrex Water Sample
        •Fungal Forest Water Sample

Brell's Mythical Brew (trivial: 400)
        •Pure Underfoot Spirits
        •Jelly of the Cliknar Queen
        •Sacred Cask of Brell
        •Brell's Best
        •Malt
        •Hops
        •Yeast

Details:
        Chamberlain Thoridain says 'The craftsmanship of the previous pieces you created was outstanding. Even though nothing has changed with Brell, we will press on. Are you prepared to [accept] the fourth trial?'
        You say, 'accept'
        You have been assigned the task 'Bring Him a Brew!'

The first step in this task is to create a Brell's Best. This recipe is explained in the book, Brewing Brell's Best, sold on the Useful Automated Vendor in Brell's Rest. Return to Thoridain and hail him,

Your task 'Bring Him a Brew!' has been updated.
        Chamberlain Thoridain says 'I see your talent at brewing is not understated. Hold on to that brew since we'll be using it as a base. Now we will begin your trial in earnest. Here is a magical water sampling jar. Travel to the areas I have indicated and collect a sample of water from each. There is likely only one suitable water supply in each area so you may need to do some searching. Be sure you do not lose the jar as I will want it back when you are done.'

You receive Magical Water Collection Jar. It is an inventory clickable item, 0.5 sec cast time that will collect water samples and duplicate itself, allowing unlimited collecting of samples.

Now you must travel to each of the zones indicated and collect a sample of water.
        In Brell's Rest, the steaming pool with the elementals is the proper location. Run in/near/there and click the collection jar. You will receive a sample. Clicking the jar does remove invisibility when you receive the water sample. Simply wait for the pather to move away and you can find a spot in the middle near the cooling chamber zone pit.
        In the Cooling Chamber, the location is the lake all the way at the bottom with the undead. Run with invis/ivu down to the lake and find a spot in the water with no mobs around.
        In the Underquarry, the location is the small lake in the main quest NPC room near the genari. Stay on the opposite side of the water from them and you can collect the sample without aggro.
        In the Foundation, you will need to head east from the zone in to the next section and there is a small lake with some autarchians and baelorats around it.
        In Pellucid Grotto, the lake in the far northwest corner of the zone is where you need to go where the memory crystals spawn around the lake. Move towards the middle of the lake to find a safe spot.
        In Arthicrex, there is a small puddle in the ravine near the Underquarry zone in. There are 2-3 cliknar and 2-3 oozes that spawn near there that can see invis, be careful.
        In Fungal Forest, there is a small pond near the east end of the zone with mephits all around it. Rarely will a mephit ganger see through invis so simply approach from a different side from them and can collect the sample near the middle of the lake.

Once you have all of the water samples, you need to create the Pure Underfoot Spirits. To do this, combine the 7 water samples you have collected in a brew barrel with a cask, barley, and yeast. Once you have this, you now must collect the Jelly of the Cliknar Queen. This is a ground spawn in Arthicrex deep in the Hive in the northern end of the zone. Go up the switchbacks to enter the hive area, be careful there are see-invis mobs along this path. Once at the top, go into the hive and down towards the bottom. The very bottom room has 2 tables with colored jars. Going up from the bottom to the 2nd path from the bottom leads to another room where the Hive Nurse spawns there are some additional tables with colored jars stacked on them. The ground spawn is ON one of the tables and it is a large vial that is yellow and sparklie. Several see-invis mobs are in the room as well as other trash mobs. Nothing sees through SoS. Once you have reached the room, either clear the mobs, or use some form of invulnerability to run in and grab the ground spawn is the best suggestion I can give. It was not easy to obtain. After you have the jelly, you need to return to Chamberlain Thoridain and speak to him.

Your task 'Bring Him a Brew!' has been updated.
        Chamberlain Thoridain says 'I am glad to see you were able to procure this jelly. That was no easy task I'm sure. The last thing we will need is a Sacred Cask of Brell. We only use them for the most sacred brews. They are kept in cold storage in Kernagir. You should speak to Brewmeister Stiegl about obtaining one.

Now you need to head to Kernagir and find Brewmeister Stiegl.

You say, 'Hail, Brewmeister Stiegl'
        Brewmeister Stiegl says 'What do you want?'
        You say, 'sacred cask of brell'
        Brewmeister Stiegl says 'Oh yeah? Well I am not in the giving mood today. Get'em!'

When you say the key phrase to him, the normal mobs in his room will despawn and 5 "a coldain brewer" will spawn and attack you. You need to clear these mobs and then Brewmeister Stiegl will become active and attack. Defeat him and he will drop the Sacred Cask of Brell. They hit like normal Kernagir trash mobs. Upon the death of Brewmeister Stiegl, the normal trash mobs in the room respawn.

Now that you have the cask you are ready to create Brell's Mythical Brew. To do this you combine the Sacred Cask of Brell with the Pure Underfoot Spirits, Brell's Best, and Jelly of the Cliknar Queen, as well as Yeast, Malt, and Hops in a brew barrel. Then you take this mythical brew along with the water collection jar back to Chamberlain Thoridain. Hand in the jar, then the brew, and then wear your shawl, hail Chamberlain again and then turn your shawl in to receive the Blessed Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl.

Upon handing in the Water Collection Jar:
        Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Thank you for returning this. It's very valuable and we would not want to be without it.'

Upon handing in the Brell's Mythical Brew:
        Chamberlain Thoridain says 'This is incredible work! Never have I seen a brew as potent as this. I hope it will have some effect on the creator.'

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Great. Give me your Sacred Underfoot Prayer Shawl, and I will give you your next shawl.
        Hand your Sacred Underfoot Prayer Shawl to Chamberlain Thoridain.
        Chamberlain Thoridain says 'You have done the brewers of Underfoot proud with your accomplishments today. Here is your new shawl with any augments you may have had in it.

At this point you will receive a shawl based upon your class.
        Casters receive Blessed Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl
        Melee receive Blessed Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Your brew was truly potent. I believe I saw some glimmer of recognition from Brell when I gave it to him. We may be getting through to him after all! We must move forward with the next trial. Are you [prepared]?
        You say, 'prepared'
        You have been assigned the task 'I Hope You Can Hear This'
        Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Good. Given the reaction to your brew, Brell may be receptive to further input. You will attempt to create the sacred prayer runes of Brell. Given the sacred nature of these runes, I am sure it will have some effect. Off you go!”

This starts the 5th task in the sequence I Hope You Can Hear This
        Last edited by Aldier; 04-17-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I Hope You Can Hear This
          This is the 5th task in the Coldain Shawl 2.0 series. You must have previously completed Bring Him a Brew! and have a raw fletching skill of 300 to request this task.

Task Steps:
          Collect 2 Fallen Branch(es) from somewhere in the Underfoot - ALL
          Loot 4 Intact Greken Spine from Greken - ALL
          Create 1 Rune Carving Tools - Brell's Temple
          Loot 6 Smooth Stone - ALL
          Now that you have what you need, seek further instructions from Thoridain - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 First Sacred Prayer Rune using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 Second Sacred Prayer Rune using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 Third Sacred Prayer Rune using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 Fourth Sacred Prayer Rune using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 Fifth Sacred Prayer Rune using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 Sixth Sacred Prayer Rune using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Speak with Thoridain so he may examine your runes - Brell's Temple
          Create 6 Wood Panel using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 Ornate Trim using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 Rune Case using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Create 1 Case of Runes using tradeskills - Brell's Temple
          Deliver 1 Case of Runes to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
          Wear your Blessed Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl and speak with Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple
          Deliver your Blessed Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl to Chamberlain Thoridain - Brell's Temple

Combines:

Rune Carving Tools (trivial: 400)
          •Fallen Branch x2
          •Intact Greken Spine x4

First Sacred Prayer Rune (trivial: 400)
          •Smooth Stone
          •Rune Carving Tools
          •First Sacred Rune Pattern

Second Sacred Prayer Rune (trivial: 400)
          •Smooth Stone
          •Rune Carving Tools
          •Second Sacred Rune Pattern

Third Sacred Prayer Rune (trivial: 400)
          •Smooth Stone
          •Rune Carving Tools
          •Third Sacred Rune Pattern

Fourth Sacred Prayer Rune (trivial: 400)
          •Smooth Stone
          •Rune Carving Tools
          •Fourth Sacred Rune Pattern

Fifth Sacred Prayer Rune (trivial: 400)
          •Smooth Stone
          •Rune Carving Tools
          •Fifth Sacred Rune Pattern

Sixth Sacred Prayer Rune (trivial: 400)
          •Smooth Stone
          •Rune Carving Tools
          •Sixth Sacred Rune Pattern

Wood Panel (trivial: 400) (Yield: 2)
          •Fallen Branch

Ornate Trim (trivial: 400)
          •Fallen Branch
          •Rune Carving Tools

Rune Case (trivial: 400) This creates a container.
          •Wood Panel x6
          •Ornate Trim
          •Rune Carving Tools

Case of Runes (trivial: no fail) Combine done in Rune Case container
          •First Sacred Prayer Rune
          •Second Sacred Prayer Rune
          •Third Sacred Prayer Rune
          •Fourth Sacred Prayer Rune
          •Fifth Sacred Prayer Rune
          •Sixth Sacred Prayer Rune

Details:
          Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Your brew was truly potent. I believe I saw some glimmer of recognition from Brell when I gave it to him. We may be getting through to him after all! We must move forward with the next trial. Are you [prepared]?
          You say, 'prepared'
          You have been assigned the task 'I Hope You Can Hear This'
          Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Good. Given the reaction to your brew, Brell may be receptive to further input. You will attempt to create the sacred prayer runes of Brell. Given the sacred nature of these runes, I am sure it will have some effect. Off you go!”

The first step is to find a place that has some fallen trees. The particular place you are looking for is in Pellucid Grotto in the northeast section of the zone in the cliknar area. Upon approaching the appropriate place, you will receive an emote that will cause the ground spawns to appear. There are some see invis cliknar in the area you will want to avoid. The ground spawns look like sticks with a couple green leaves on the ground around the downed trees. The fallen branches do not stack. You will need to collect 6 branches even though the task only calls for 2 for the first update. [2 branches for the tool, 3 branches to make the 6 wood panels (yield of 2), and 1 branch for the ornate trim] The ground spawns will respawn if you stay in the area so you can find one or 2 spots and just wait for them to pop again.

Intact Greken Spines drop from any greken model in Underfoot. Greken models are the nestlings in the lava in Brell's Rest and are also found in the lavapool in Convorteum. In Brell's Rest I was experiencing a drop rate of roughly 1 in 10. In Convorteum I had a much better drop rate closer to 1 in 3. I do not know if it was just good/bad luck with the RNG but I would estimate it is probably a 1 in 5 global drop rate for that NPC model. The spines are no drop and stack to 4. Combine 2 fallen branches and the 4 intact greken spines to create the Rune Carving Tools. This combine, and all the fletching combines for this task, can ONLY be done on the fletching table in Brell's Temple in the main room where Brell Serilis wanders. Now that you have your Rune Carving Tools, you need to find something to make the runes out of. Smooth Stones drop fairly commonly from oozes in Arthicrex, Fungal Forest, and Pellucid Grotto. I simply went back to the Hungry Earth camp in Fungal Forest and killed the oozes there and was not long to collect the 6 stones. Back to Brell's Temple.

Your task 'I Hope You Can Hear This' has been updated.
          Chamberlain Thoridain says 'I see you managed to create your rune carving tools and find some suitable stones. You are ready to begin carving the runes. Here are the patterns for our six prayer runes. Simply carve the pattern into the stone using your tools. Remember, this must be done using the fletching table here in Brell's workshop.'

Chamberlain Thoridain gives you the 6 rune patterns. They do not stack. The fletching table is right in that room, combine a stone with each of the patterns and your carving tools. The tools are returned on success. Once you have crafted all 6 of the runes you need to speak with Chamberlain Thoridain again. It updates the task but there is no dialogue. The task window now provides you with the recipes for the wood panels and the ornate trim. One fallen branch in the fletching table yields 2 wood panels. Create the 6 wood panels and then the ornate trim using the last of your 6 fallen branches and your carving tools. Now you can fashion the Rune Case using the wood panels, ornate trim, and your carving tools. The Rune Case does consume the carving tools. The Rune Case is a container so you will need to have a top level inventory spot available when you make this combine. Place the 6 Sacred Prayer Runes in the Rune Case and hit combine to create the Case of Runes. Hand the Case of Runes into Chamberlain Thoridain. Wear your Blessed Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl and hail him and then turn your Blessed Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl in.

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'Great. Give me your Blessed Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl, and I will give you your next shawl.'
          You have shown your skill in carving the sacred prayer runes.
          You gain experience!!
          Chamberlain Thoridain says 'The runes printed perfectly! Do not worry as the sacred ink will never wear or fade. Here is your new shawl with any augments you may have had. '

At this point you will receive your new shawl.
          Casters receive Revered Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl
          Melee receive Revered Sanctified Underfoot Prayer Shawl

Chamberlain Thoridain says 'It's working! I'm sure I saw Him smile when you were creating the sacred runes. We must move quickly if we are to take advantage of this. Shall we [commence] the sixth task?'
          You say, 'commence'
          You have been assigned the task 'Honoring the Elements'.
          Chamberlain Thoridain says 'This task is the one of the most sacred rites in the temple. You must honor the elements of creation. You will begin by collection the essences of creation. Normally these could be obtained peacefully but the current chaos in Underfoot requires you get them by force. Brell will understand the sacrifices were necessary. Return as soon as you have what you need.'

This starts the 6th task in the sequence Honoring the Elements
          Last edited by Aldier; 04-17-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Placeholder for 6th task.

Comment

Placeholder for 7th task.

Comment

Working...