Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broiled Raxil Fish is a very viable option for maxing baking. The fish is easily fished in Argath, and all other items are sold on the same vendor in Crescent Reach. Trivial is 415 in the combine.

Comment

• Okay...I am new to all of this so I probablly have a newbish question. I am a mnk trying to do Tomb Research. The master list above has the tomb progression layed out, but no links to the actual combines. Anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Talese View Post
        Okay...I am new to all of this so I probablly have a newbish question. I am a mnk trying to do Tomb Research. The master list above has the tomb progression layed out, but no links to the actual combines. Anyone able to point me in the right direction please?
        http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ne...r=010000000000

Go to the home page and search for them?

And Drazz, you should add links
        Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aanuvane View Post
          And Drazz, you should add links
          Fixed.

Mikaal Drazzminius
          Tier'Dal Necromancer
          Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
          Necrotalk Admin
          EQ Traders Super Moderator
          EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

• Just done JC training form 0 to 299, I used Velium Blue diamond bracelet and cut-gem for skill up after 280. but over 100 combine, can't get a single skillup. With a 95 Head shoting Ranger, farming both diamond or blue diamond is quite easy. I get over round 30 both diamonds or diamonds in 1 hour. And, you can sell for 404pp for each success combine. (the cost of velium bar is 262p4g9s9c) However, if u try to make Velium jewelery with LDON stone, u can sell your product up to 1pp. you will lost the cost for Velium bar.

Bombyx
            95 ranger,
            83 Clr.
            65 druid

Comment

• Sorry.. I think you lost me Bombyx.
              1) The velium blue diamond braclets sell back to the vendor for 404pp?
              2) You mention obtaining diamonds as well in your farming (I know both gems seems to drop like candy from mobs these days).. are you using those for something? Or just selling them?
              3) LDON stone? I'm not sure what you are referring to here.

(I am trying to consider additional paths to uncut gems and the old school paths offer a viable option for me. Just trying to understand what you are saying so I don't miss something. Thanks.)
              Last edited by eqdame; 02-29-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eqdame View Post
                Sorry.. I think you lost me Bombyx.
                1) The velium blue diamond braclets sell back to the vendor for 404pp?

2) You mention obtaining diamonds as well in your farming (I know both gems seems to drop like candy from mobs these days).. are you using those for something? Or just selling them?
                just sell them if I don't train JC. Some mods drop of so often, and u can get XP in 95.

3) LDON stone? I'm not sure what you are referring to here.

(I am trying to consider additional paths to uncut gems and the old school paths offer a viable option for me. Just trying to understand what you are saying so I don't miss something. Thanks.)
                (1) I am wrong, that is 409 instead of 404pp but if u sell blue diamond with 238, and the velium bar cost 262. Total 91pp different if u just sell blue diamond to Vendor.

(3)Amethyst, geode, etc.

I did cut gem as well, but I got a lot of blue diamond when AA farming.
                I did JC with clr and no enchanter help.

Comment

• Ahh.. ok. Thanks for clarifying.

On a different note...

For pottery, in lieu of using Unfired Elegant Large Axe Head Mold, I chose to use Unfired Elegant Spear Head Shaped Mold. Difference is it trivs at 256 (vs 260 for the Axe Head Mold) but it only uses 1 large block of clay (vs 4 for the axe head mold).

For skillups to 300 and beyond, I chose Unfired Obsidian Scale Tonfa Ornament. Sketches are available from Dalin Greskar on the back of the Eastern Trader Building in PoK. Need a lvl 8 enchanter to create the magic clay.
                  Last edited by eqdame; 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• is this still current?

Comment

• It is still pretty workable. The higher level stuff that came out with RoF really isn't something you'd want to "skill up" with.
                      Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
                      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

• i was looking through ti last night and some things haven't changed much but other have drastically. is it not cheaper or faster to level jc through store bought materials anymore? seems all the drops are from places i can't go yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Drazzminius View Post
                          Brewing
                          Quick Trivial List
                          Tradeskill Trophy Quest
                          Brewer Charm

Brewing Freebie: Work for Yitimis
                          0-122 Fetid Essence (can be used later in Smithing Bile Spine)
                          135 Ol'tujim's Fierce Brew
                          162 Jumjum Spiced Beer
                          188 Faydwer Shaker (all store bought)
                          248 Minotaur Hero's Brew
                          335 Kaladim Constitutional (requires ground spawns)

Alternative Routes:
                          150 Sherry (all store bought items)
                          187 Shar Vahl Essence (requires foraged or ground spawns)
                          250 Clear Absinthe (all store bought items)
                          282 Fish Fungus Wine (requires fishing in Depths of Darkhollow)
                          295 Blindfish Pale Ale (requires fishing in Depths of Darkhollow)
                          300 Rose Absinth (requires ground spawn from Oceangreen)
                          335 Brut Champagne a bit more expensive but less farming
                          if someone is fishing in DOD, i'd add mossmatt mead. i've caught a good amount and the triv is 268

Comment

• Originally posted by YurienStonebow View Post
                            i was looking through ti last night and some things haven't changed much but other have drastically. is it not cheaper or faster to level jc through store bought materials anymore? seems all the drops are from places i can't go yet
                            If you're looking for a fast and easy way look into uncut gems - there are many recipes that are just the uncut gem and a cutting tool (just buy the solo cutting tool and combine it in a jeweler's kit to cycle though the different tools).

These are just a few at the higher levels:

Uncut amerthyst + trillion cut tool - 234
                            uncut alexandrite + marquis cut tool - 235
                            uncut goshenite + half moon cut tool - 252
                            uncut morganite + round cut tool - 270
                            uncut jacinth + round cut tool - 287
                            uncut black sapphire + square cut tool - 300

You can get a lot of the gems from merchants in PoK etc. or set up a buyer for each one.
                            Draggar De'Vir
                            92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh
                            57 Druid of Tunare - Povar
                            47 Druid of Tunare - Lockjaw

Hark! Who is that, prowling along the fields! It is Draggar De'VIr, hands clutching two hardened pitas! He cries gutterally: "In the name of Thor the Mighty, I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!!"

"No one can predict the future, so we all should eat our desserts first!" - Gaye from 'The Maelstorm's Eye" (Cloakmaster's Cycle book 3)

Comment

• aren't buyers and traders for gold only? and the gems look expensive although i haven't compared to regular gem prices.

Comment

• Yes, buyers and traders are gold only. You should do the math to see which way is better but sometimes you can get uncut gems off of merchants for less than a platinum (luck plays a big role, too). Even at 50pp-100pp a combine is still less than diamonds and velium.

BUT - merchants do not buy the cut gems back and they don't sell well in the bazaar (I have stacks of them at 5pp each). At least with store bought gems
                                you have a good buyback rate (and you might make some money if you farmed the diamonds).
                                Draggar De'Vir
                                92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh
                                57 Druid of Tunare - Povar
                                47 Druid of Tunare - Lockjaw

Hark! Who is that, prowling along the fields! It is Draggar De'VIr, hands clutching two hardened pitas! He cries gutterally: "In the name of Thor the Mighty, I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!!"

"No one can predict the future, so we all should eat our desserts first!" - Gaye from 'The Maelstorm's Eye" (Cloakmaster's Cycle book 3)

Comment

Working...
                                X