Skill up path for all tradeskills in story window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skill up path for all tradeskills in story window

Hey, I found a nice little story window mod here awhile back that showed different recipies and where to find items. It got me thinking, so I am creating a master(every single tradeskill) list for the cheapest route to skill up to 300. The paths I put together assume foraging and fishing for needed items is not a problem. It is a work in progress so far, as I only have alchemy,baking, and brewing finished at this point. I will be scouring the boards for the rest of the tradeskills over time. Also, I dont have a site to host it, so if you are interested, please just send me a PM with an email address and I will email you the zip file. Thanks alot

Yulser Vemenow
    Tradeskill junkie since 2000
    Apprentice Artisian (and moving up)
    Last edited by Yulser; 06-28-2006, 11:14 AM.

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=25961

Secone has already done this I believe.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I'll flip thru all the pages on that thread, but for what I have done so far my routes differ from his. I focus on foraging, fishing, and storebought for my paths and try for the lowest amount of PP spent even if it means foraging for a week. If I am doubling up on someone else's work though I appologize now, so far none of my routes in my story window have come from any guide I have seen.

Comment

I am sure if you posted your suggested routes in this thread or the other one, people would compare them and give you the reason they recommend one way or the other.

I have used Secone's guides for my tradeskills since his first edition came out. I know he is constantly looking to update and upgrade his whereever people can find an easier way.

I am also a druid so I personally would rather forage for something than have to farm for it for hours on end, but I have yet to find any other routes in the quick trivials lists or from experience that was better for me than the routes in the other thread.

Comment

Well, for what I have so far...

Alchemy is pretty much the same as his, though I had this done already. plus foraging nodding blues can reep some nice profit.

brewing is 3 simple steps, shar vahl essence till 187 triv, then fish fungus wine till 282 (just need to fish in Cor. Creep for awhile) then the kaladim const. till 300. no farming, just forage, fish, or groundspawns.

Baking is one I am reconsidering atm.. I was choosing to go with storm salmon till 202 from 191 (when patty melts become triv) and then move on to vegetable omelets till 255, then w/ cheese until 275, then the supreme until 300.. but the corse salt needed seems to be foraging very slow in broodlands. I still need to check some other zones.

I know there are probably faster store bought ways to do these, but I would rather spend a week gathering in my downtime then drop the pp.

Comment

I see where you are coming from. I still would not recommend in brewing skipping the Mino Hero Brew (248 triv). It is not that expensive to make and it fills in a large gap you have in your path. It is all vendored but I don't have the exact cost in front of me, but I remember it is fairly cheap. Also, before you spend hours and hours and hours foraging/ground spawns for the Shar Vahl essence, you spend the 1gold and 1 copper per combine that it costs to do the Fetid Essence to 122 (fishing grub + water flask).

I suspect when you get to some of the more difficult tradeskills (tailoring, fletching, smithing, tinkering) you will find yourself stuck back at the other list as there are no real super alternatives that come from fishing/foraging/ground spawns.

Comment

Well, eager as I was at first, I now see some errors in my thinking. No matter what zone I try, the salt needed for my baking plans is just too rare a forage. I'm better off getting other things to sell for pp to use. I will finish this story mod for skill up paths, but I will be using the one found here, with full credit for the routes as appropriate of course.

Comment

Nice idea =) Looking forward to the results.
                Secone's guide is pretty decent, I usually follow my own skill up path and check the other guides every once in a while for alternatives. But all guides are just a matter of costs vs time. Some have the fastest skill up way, some the cheapest, some focus on roleplaying, others on the bazaar market. Secone's guide is a nice balance of both time and plat.

If you're going for the cheapest theres definately some other decent skill up paths available. (<135 baking lots of cheaper alternatives, many cheaper old world research skill up paths, tailoring can be done cheaper with acrylia studded/reinforced gear, arctic wyvern gear, etc. etc.)

I wouldn't be worried about doubling up some stuff on someone else's guide. with over 100 guides alrdy posted you'll always end up copying someone at some point. My own guides I posted years ago still have mostly the same paths as the newer ones that came out later. It's the few differences that make guides interesting =)

For baking after patty melts it's going to be very hard to find better alternatives than the halas meat pies and the misty thicket picnics. Almost all guides use these as a skill up path because it's pretty cheap to create them in large quantities.
                The storm salmon idea till 202 is nice though =) Maybe breaded storm salmon up to 215 after that, griffon/anaconda/jaggedpine stir fry till 244, griffon/anaconda melt up to 275, jord meat pies/vann toe stew till 282 or Cheesy Vegetable Casserole till 284? Plant shoots should be easier to forage than the coarse salts. The melts/stew/pies don't take any foraging or fishing but they are friendly for your bank balance.
                Last edited by Dutchy; 07-03-2006, 01:10 PM.
                Dutchy Blackrose < Midnite Council of the Black Rose >
                Master Artisan x3 ~ Master Alchemist ~ Master Poison Maker ~ Master Researcher ~ Master Melee Researcher

after storm salmon I believe I did skip the halas pies with another fishing item reciepe.. the Albino crawfish pie as you dont have to kill anything for items and it has a higher triv then the halas pies. So far, I have finished baking, and am halfway done with the brewing and alchemy files. I have decided to add links inside for the subcombines needed along the way so the only thing you would have to look up is the vendor or zone to get things.

Comment

Working...
                  X