Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was unstickied because it was listed in the master list of stickies here.

Comment

ahh and now that has been bookmarked
      Strokker~Fennin Ro
      What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.John Myer~Hellboy 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Secone
        Tailoring - Tradeskill Trophy Quest
        188 - 210 Epicthieck's Power Belt then Small Epicthieck's Power Belt
        211 - 212 Ethereal Silk Swatch - Remember to use Geerlok Sewing Contraption
        213 - 252 Epicthieck's Power Beltthen Small Epicthieck's Power Belt
        Why power belts at 188-210? I can understand the 213-252 (where they triv) but not at the earlier stage unless it's intended as a stopgap measure because there isn't really anything at that level.

Alliance Artisan
        Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

163 - 168 Fine Plate Bracer
          169 - 175 Fine Plate Gauntlets
          176 - 179 Fine Plate Helm
          180 - 188 Fine Plate Breastplate
          I found Fine Plate Collars to be much cheeper from 163 - 166 to make and Fine Plate Greeves from 179 - 182

Comment

Originally posted by Secone
            210 - 212 Ethereal Metal Rings - Remember to use: Geerlok Automated Hammer

211 - 212 Ethereal Silk Swatch - Remember to use Geerlok Sewing Contraption
            Just a question... how are you to skill up on those when you need a higher skill that it is required to have than its trivial?

Comment

For some unknown reason, those recipes check your modifed skill rather than unmodified.

Comment

it checks modified to see if you can do the combine itself, and if you succeed or not, but uses base to check for skillup and trophy evolution. (this is true for any recipes with a min skill)
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200
                Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Tradeskill Trophy question

I have searched and searched, talked to many exprienced tradeskillers, and still I do not know for sure. The Trophy can be equipped in 4 slots; but does it go up in all? Or does it go up more in some?

Comment

It will go up in all four as it colors all four slots green.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Grimrose View Post
                      This was unstickied because it was listed in the master list of stickies here.
                      Well they should check some of the links then this posting is from 2003 and some are now dead links and therefore useless.
                      Strokker~Fennin Ro
                      What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.John Myer~Hellboy 2004

Comment

A little bit of feedback -

First - Great guide, thank you so much for all the effort. It's been very helpful to me. I already had all my tradeskills in the 200ish range, but now that I (and many others I suspect) have an Artisan Charm, I'll be looking to raise them all.

Second - Perhaps you could add alternate routes for those who are willing to forage / farm / get stuff enchanted? I noticed, especially on the pottery, fletching, and jewelcraft guides, that you only include recipes that use directly vendor purchased items, which can be expensive.

For example, on pottery -
                        After the unfired planar steins, you suggest the ceramic cands. The red ones will be especially expensive since they take fire opals at 52p each. Whereas, if someone was willing to do some farming, they could do Unfired Crucibles of Escape to 236 for practically free. I have personally gone this route and it's not too bad.

And on jewelcraft -
                        To reach 196, you recommend doing Golden Fire Wedding Rings which will consume about 63p per combine. Whereas, if someone will simply get some gold enchanted, they can attempt Champagne Magnums for about 30p per combine.

Just some thoughts, maybe I should make up my own version of the guide for us broke people.
                        Last edited by Qqnaua; 11-29-2006, 11:45 AM.
                        Qqnaua the Mithril Chef
                        Cleric of Noble Blade

Comment

awesome guide!

Just a couple options to look into for some of these (JC, Pottery, Baking):

DoN Foraging has some nice less expensive options having to do with Scale Ore, Air-infused spring water, and Coarse Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Qqnaua View Post
                            And on jewelcraft -
                            To reach 196, you recommend doing Golden Fire Wedding Rings which will consume about 63p per combine. Whereas, if someone will simply get some gold enchanted, they can attempt Champagne Magnums for about 30p per combine.
                            One of the big aspects of skilling up in JC most of the way through is sellback value. Combining the sellback value with the following of the skillupchart creates minimal net cost.
                            The Bryko Effect, 80 ranger

Fletching (270)
                            Baking (280)
                            Pottery (216)
                            Brewing (282)
                            Smithing (300)
                            Tailoring (270)
                            Jewelcraft (300)
                            Fishing (200)

Comment

Great guide! Thanks so much! It's been very useful to me as I've started my tradeskilling.

Alchemy is my current one. I thought I'd post a couple of notes on my experience last night.

I was in the mid 140's when I started and finished around 180.

I did the antidotes in the guide to 147. I finished my current set of supplies and moved onto the next one rather than buy more for one skill point (and I have a bunch of antidote potions now)

Rather than jump to the gelid tonics (since my plat is getting low) I looked at the triv list and noticed philters of unlife awareness were triv at 152 and were around the same cost (maybe a little lower?) than the tonics. Plus I needed some of these anyways for my druid. I got lucky and a stack got me to 151 and i had almost a full stack of potions.

Then I went for the gelid tonics and the heat tonics. I figured I could use the gelid tonics and my druid could use the heat tonics. Same cost, same triv. A couple of stacks and I was at 156.

From there I followed the guide again and went with Faerune, Wolf IV.

From 170 - 178 I did Skinspikes VI since the cost was reasonable, I needed them for my characters, and they seem to sell decently in the bazaar.

I'm currently around 180 and working on WolfV for the long haul to 200+. I'm hoping that the skinspikes & wolf potions can help supplement me as I continue along.

Thanks again for a great guide!

Comment

error?

I didnt want this post to start negatively because you have done an awesome and time consuming job. Well done!

You show an alternative that is vendor sold only and cannot be made.

Under Pottery:
                                149 - 188 Unfired Sealed Poison Vial If you dont want to farm for vials -Crows Special Brew can be recomended instead.
                                Fyredealer Bunnwarmer(Woodelf Druid), Kayniene Kompanion (Iksar SK), Makrodeth Fifthorseman(Erudite Necro), Ratatat Buffbeotch (Vah Shir Shaman), Rygorz Mortizz(Darkelf Mage), Skulbraker Mobskinner (Vah Shir Warrior), Zraptor Zrapture (Highelf Cleric), Zspicey (Highelf Enchanter).

Comment

Working...
                                X