• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixed
    Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
    70 Paladin of Tunare
    My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
    (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
    (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
    Salvage3
    Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
    Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

[QUOTE=Secone]I have tried to fill in the gaps from 250 to 300, but iam still very open to any sugestions.

Great Guide! Thank you for sharing this! I do have two questions about alchemy. What recipe did you use to increase from 256 to 264 and does anyone have any information regarding a forage location for Draconic Essence?

Thanks again for sharing your guide with us!

Comment

was a typo. 265 -> 256

Draconic Essence Sources:

This item is Foraged:
        Lavaspinner's Lair
        Stillmoon Temple
        The Broodlands
        Thundercrest Isles

'This item is dropped from mobs:
        Thundercrest Isles
        various drakes
        70 Paladin of Tunare
        (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
        Salvage3

Comment

Originally posted by Secone
          Tailoring
          77 - 115 Tailored Quiver
          116 - 128 Wu's Fighting Collar
          129 - 135 Wu's Fighting Wristbands
          Because the pearl for the vial of mana is upwards of 4 pp plus either other farming or costs, can I suggest a possible alternative.

116-118 Crystalline Silk Mantle
          119-124 Crystalline Silk Gloves
          125-131 Crystalline Silk Shirt
          132-135 Wu's Fighting Wristbands

I actually started this earlier because I was able to buy a ton of silks in the baz for less than 1 pp and had issues farming the HQ cat pelts.. darn RNG.. that makes it comparable to the tailored quiver in price. If you can farm these yourself, it is even cheaper AND I'm told that the silks come faster than the HQ cat pelts.

Take care
          I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Originally posted by Flehmen
            Because the pearl for the vial of mana is upwards of 4 pp plus either other farming or costs
            One thing to consider is the *buyback* from vendors on Wu's.

The cost to make each piece of Wu's is 7.332 pp [1 VoVM (@6.3 pp each), + 4 Heady Kiolas(@0.245 pp each)+Pattern(@0.052 pp each)] plus 2-6 silks. The *buyback* on each Wu's piece is 5.2-6.2 pp each. As such, the lost-cost for each successful combine is a pitiful 1-2 pp. I'm not thick with cash, but I do think losing 1-2 pp per combine (you'll never sell Wu's in the bazaar for more than vendors will give you) is an acceptable rate when going through the 140's to 150's in a tradeskill.

As for farming, may I strongly suggest going to East Karana and finding "Reaver Hill". The spiders there are everywhere and drop 2-6 silks each. I was able to fill a backpack with stacks of Spider Silk in under an hour.

Drexxell
            Wayfarers of Veeshan

Comment

G'day,

I was taking buy back into account and simply did it faster by paying bazzar prices but since each combine cost me a total of 1.049pp considering the componets are farmed and sell back to the vendors for a little under 1pp... I thought it was a good alternative. I'll have to sell some more and get prices into the DB here.

This all depends, of course, on farming Spider silk or Crystaline spider silk and the rate at which you can do either. (Reaver hill is where I get silks and tea leaves. ) Since people are already farming Crystal Caverns for other reasons, it is a valid path.

Regardless, I wanted to add my two cents here so that people don't overlook this potentially faster/cheaper skill up route.

Take care!
              I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakg
                I'd comment as follows:

Baking, after 192 I would move on to GoD Tuna and Crab recipes. With the new vegetable recipe making these recipes much easier for non-foragers the effort to fish for crab and tuna is significantly eaiser than the hours of mammoth meat and brownie parts farming that HMP's and Holy Cakes require.
                For a run of 100 MTP's you only need 1 brownie part. that's not exactly farming imho

edited it because of the message below.
                Last edited by Jyll; 06-29-2005, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jyll
                  For a run of 100 HMP's you only need 1 brownie part. that's not exactly farming imho
                  HMP = Halas 10lb Meat Pie

you are thinking MTP, Misty Thicket Picnic

Comment

217 - 222 Unfired Opal Encrusted Stein
                    223 - 231 Unfired White Ceramic Band
                    232 - 242 Unfired Red Ceramic Band
                    243 - 248 Unfired Idol (Amber) - Cheapest is Imbued Amber by a Cleric/Shaman with CT diety.
                    249 - 255 Unfired Idol (Rose Quartz) - Cheapest is Imbued Rose Quartz by a Cleric with Erollisi Marr diety.
                    Just as a note, if you have access to a Cleric of Erollisi Marr, I would replace all of the items from Unfired Opal Encrusted Stein through the Unfired Idol (Amber) with the Unfired Idol (Rose Quartz). It's cheaper than the amber (16.071p total, failure rates included), and, after looking at the skillup formula, it's cheaper to do overall than the ones listed. Unfired Planar Steins are a shade more expensive (like 1p more), but the success rate at that level makes them the better choice (assuming you can find some Tainted Planar Essences.)

Comment

bump
                      Blissed ~ 70 Necro
                      Demetre ~ 70 Shaman

Comment

Baking

For baking after 192, I recommend Planar Fruit Pies. The fruit and eggs are easily foraged. The only pain is the celestial essence, but the components for that can be bought.

Comment

I have tried to fill in the gaps from 250 to 300, but i am still very open to any sugestions.

Alchemy

157 - 163 Greater Potion Of Heat
                          164 - 176 Gate Potion
                          Between these 2, I'd add Potion of shadeweaver, triv 170 and about 90P cheaper per attempt than the gate potion. could be a substansial savings and they sell well in the bazaar after you hawk them a few times.
                          and a 10 dose version of shadeweaver cost is 1628P (assuming no fail)
                          whereas 10 dose gate is 2520p (assuming no fail) so you can really hawk the savings.
                          Last edited by Elyssanda; 08-12-2005, 03:08 PM.

Alliance Artisan
                          Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

updated with Potion Of Shadeweaver Choosing not to add Planar Fruit Pies because most cant forage, but its a option for those who can naturally.
                            70 Paladin of Tunare
                            Salvage3

Comment

My suggestion for Baking

Baking
                              0 - 135 Fish Rolls
                              136 - 143 Filleted Bear (Keep the result for next step)
                              144 - 152 Bear Fillet in cream (Keep the result for Halas 10lb Meat Pie)
                              153 - 191 Patty Melt
                              192 - 226 Halas 10lb Meat Pie
                              227 - 242 Holy Cake
                              243 - 300 Misty Thicket Picnic

As we need Bear Fillet in cream to make Halas 10lb Meat Pie and they are made from the Filleted Bear, we can make our way from 144 to 152 with them. And with a geerlok, that will be like trivial : 143 + 5% ---> 151.
                              Seldataure Cularca ~~ Ravages
                              Rigolo des bois de Kelethin - Dealer de chouchen

Comment

Would it make sense to sticky this? For me, this is the most straight forward guide.
                                -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
                                try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Working...
                                X