Combine Count Estimator (Excel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine Count Estimator (Excel)

We've got formulae for skill rate, and at least a working formula for success chance. But that doesn't readily translate into a good estimate for the number of times you'll have to click "Combine." Until now.

http://www.geocities.com/shaburanaar...deskilling.xls

This little bit of Excel spreadsheet magic does the math. However, please remember that it is just an estimate - it assumes average rolls on the part of the RNG, and we've all had that 200+ combine hell point that defies the averages. Furthermore, the success rate calculation is imprecise. In particular, its woefully inaccurate at low trivial levels; I suggest this utlity for use only once you're above about 100 skill.

Still, I think it has its uses. While you can't depend on making exactly the 733 combines, for example, that it might tell you, it should let you know if you need one ... ten ... or a hundred stacks of (insert your favorite rare tradeskill bit here).

I'm open to feedback and suggestions about how to improve the utility. Eventually, I wouldn't mind adding a control that lets you choose the tradeskill you are working on (to avoid having to enter the Y value manually), but since Y values aren't known for all skills yet, I'm going to put that feature indefinitely on hold.

Enjoy! And happy skilling.
    Fateseer Shabura Naarteban
    Iksar Soothsayer
    Evening Reign, Druzzil Ro

Coming soon ... support for skill mod items and Mastery AA.
    Fateseer Shabura Naarteban
    Iksar Soothsayer
    Evening Reign, Druzzil Ro

Comment

Working...
    X