Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletching Guide, for people powerskilling for quests

Shawl Questers Fletching Guide

Allright, you're doing your shawl quests and discover that you're going to need some skill in fletching. Here's what you need to know to increase your skill quickly and cheaply.

First, forget about making bows. They're much to expensive to skill up on. We will be making arrows.. CHEAP arrows.

Now then, arrows are made with 4 basic parts. The point, the shaft, the fletching (vane), and the nock.

The crucial thing to remember here is that the trivial of the arrow depends on the component which is hardest to work with. You can use the cheapest components available otherwise, in order to keep costs down.

Here is the list of trivials for components.

Trivial of 16 (note, these are your basic 4. Substitute one of these with a higher trivial component to raise skill)
    bundeled wooden arrow shafts
    field point arrowheads
    large groove nocks
    several round cut fletchings

Trivial of 36
    medium groove nocks

Trivial of 46
    several parabolic cut fletchings

Trivial 56
    small groove nocks

Trivial 68
    bundeled bone arrow shafts

Trivial 82
    several shield cut fletchings

Trivial 102
    hooked arrowheads

Trivial 122
    set of wooden arrow vanes

Trivial 135
    Bundled ceramic arrow shafts

Trivial 162
    Set of bone arrow vanes

The 7th shawl's highest Trivial is 168, since fletching is so cheap to improve, you'll probably want to raise your skill a bit higher than that. Be carefull you don't raise your skill over 200 if you're working with steel/ceramic as you will then have to spend 3 AA points to go over 200 in another skill.

Trivial 182 ** Silver tips are VERY expensive, but return 10 arrows per combine. You may want to just move on to steel**
    silver tipped arrowheads

Trivial 202 **Steel arrow shafts are cheaper than Ceramic arrow vanes, with the same trivial**
    bundled steel arrow shafts
    ceramic arrow vanes
    Last edited by Zebedi; 10-23-2003, 02:14 PM.

good and quick but check out the fletching fac guide. i stil dont know if it is worth it to skill on silver tips. double the amount of arrows to sell but more expensive than the stell shafts and ceramic vanes.

Maker of Picnics.
    Cooker of things best left unidentified.
    "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Good point, I made a couple of changes.

This is intended to be put on the main fletching "Learn a skill" page. I was a little frustrated while raising the skill on my cleric for the 7th shawl, and this guide is the result (after carefully considering the ballpeen hammer and keyboard option)

My warrior has 191 fletching from making my own arrows over the last few years. However, that forced me to look at fletching in a totally new way for my cleric, because the needs were different. I was looking to make quality arrows for my warrior because I was going to be using them. My cleric wanted to waste as little money as possible raising the skill.

I don't care if it's MY guide on the "Learn a skill" page, but I feel a guide in this vein has merit. After all, a level 65 cleric is looking at fletching in a totally different way that a level 10 ranger is.

Comment

ah. there is a tradeskill ui and guide forum. not quite teh right name but close. i posted my guide there. what do you think of mine. there is a big difference between my wizard main doing it cause he can and my ranger alt for actual arrows.

Maker of Picnics.
        Cooker of things best left unidentified.
        "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Moving this to the Guides forum. Please do continue working on it there.
          Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
          EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
          X