250-300 new skillup path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250-300 new skillup path?

So I thought I could just make symbols to 300 but after a ton of farming and maybe a 20:1 drop rate on rhenium to bonded loam, I don't see that happening. Farming up my whole evening to only get maybe 5 loams won't work, and neither will paying hundreds of plat each in bazaar.

The fine spinneret fluid seems be far more plentiful to be able to make intricate metalofiber, so I see:

Edit: Added rhenium recipes post-patch. Also rhenium recipes require 1 Bonded Loam each.

275: Intricate Metalofiber Armband (2 fine silks)
    275: Intricate Autoactuated Armband (1 rhenium)
    275: Intricate Servolinked Armband (1 rhenium)

295: Intricate Metalofiber Sleeves (4 fine silks)
    295: Intricate Autoactuated Sleeves (2 rhenium)
    295: Intricate Servolinked Sleeves (2 rhenium)

300: Intricate Metalofiber Breeches (6 fine silks)
    300: Intricate Autoactuated Greaves (3 rhenium)
    300: Intricate Servolinked Greaves (3 rhenium)

Also with Fortress Mechanotus having Clockwork Grease on the forage table and all races being able to forage through AA, elemental cams are an option to 282. (Not 284, I typoed)
    Last edited by XyloGnome; 12-08-2007, 04:49 AM.

Sunshard ore is still a good option, and another choice is using Tungsten/Cobalt ore to make seals (will need to do the Darkhollow Geode task first). Though if your server is like Prexus, Tungsten and Cobalt prices have skyrocketed with the rush to skill up and/or make elaborate armor.

Comment

Yeah, that's the problem here too (Cazic). Sunshard Ores have skyrocketed (600+ in /barter) and Tungsten and Cobalt in the 2k+ range.

At this rate it's faster to sell out ores (sunshard/rhenium+/loams) and buy out all the silks/fluids.

Comment

Hi XyloGnome, I managed to go from 267 to 277 in tinkering yesterday based on the recipes in your post. So I very much appreciate you taking the time to post the information on the alternative skill-up path. Thank you.

Comment

Grats Canyar!! I took my own advice and managed 8 skillups myself.

After the patch, silk-to-ore levels seemed to have evened out a bit so I'll edit in the rhenium recipes.

Comment

Working...
          X