Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tinkering Mastery 3 broken post AA-revamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tinkering Mastery 3 broken post AA-revamp?

I was trying to make an AAAA for a guildmate earlier this week, and at 261 skill + 8% trophy and Mastery 3, my success rate on the 351 trivial combines should be 84.6% (by the Calculator) - instead, I succeeded on the Ambleshift's Display Panel then failed on 2 x Ambleshift's Gearbox, 1x Poxysmit's Gearbox, and 1x Scrindite's Mechanoinstruction Reader before I had to stop due to running out of CGBs. That seems WELL outside the expected range of failures to me... and much worse than I've had before.

(This was all done in the Guild Hall, but I don't know if the "trophy evolution" issues extend to failure rates).

Tinker's Magelo is here - have gained 2 skill-ups since the attempt.
    Last edited by Gaell Stormracer; 08-19-2007, 06:31 AM.
    Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

It sounds just like some REALLY bad luck.

It is not out of the realm of possibility. Take a coin, flip it 5 times. You would think you would get 2 heads and 3 tails, or 3 heads and 2 tails. But you could get 1 head and 4 tails. The RNG is supposed to be set up so that each combine is separate from the rest so that the previous attempt is independent of the next. Just the other day my tinkerer with 279 skill and an 8% mod failed 3 subcombines, the Instruction reader twice, and then failed the final combine as well.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Yeah it happens. I did 5 combines (351 trivial) with my chanter 300 skill + 12% and JC mastery 3 and failed 3 of the 5. It happens. It's not fun, but it happens.

Gose

Comment

Working...
      X