Geerlok Caltrop Creator = Dissapointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geerlok Caltrop Creator = Dissapointment

I spent several weeks farming the items to Make the Geerlock Automated Caltrop Creator, I killed hundreds of ferans and dozens of elementals to get enough parts for 3 tries.
    I finally got all the feran tentacles and portal infused ore, Went to my favorite tinker and got lucky, 3 caltrop machines were in my hand so I gave one to the tinker and went to try it out in wos.

Sadly it never hit a mob in wos I looked at the rec lvl and tried it out on a range of mobs only to find out it will only snare mobs around lvl35 and lower.

This is a large dissapointment considering you have to farm NC and the stepps.
    Come on Ngreth get cracking and see that the spell will work on mobs atleast
    of the level of the part droppers. =D

Originally posted by Alricrahl View Post
    I spent several weeks farming the items to Make the Geerlock Automated Caltrop Creator, I killed hundreds of ferans and dozens of elementals to get enough parts for 3 tries.
    I finally got all the feran tentacles and portal infused ore, Went to my favorite tinker and got lucky, 3 caltrop machines were in my hand so I gave one to the tinker and went to try it out in wos.

Sadly it never hit a mob in wos I looked at the rec lvl and tried it out on a range of mobs only to find out it will only snare mobs around lvl35 and lower.

This is a large dissapointment considering you have to farm NC and the stepps.
    Come on Ngreth get cracking and see that the spell will work on mobs atleast
    of the level of the part droppers. =D
    It's worth noting here that Ngreth has very little control over spells. Also, I don't think it's really his fault that the entire traps system (and not just this one item) turned out to be a HUGE disappointment all around. The rogue community, who were more affected by the traps changes than any other class, openly regarded the "new and improved" traps system with almost universal contempt.

I'm sorry to hear that you were given the impression that the Geerlok Automated Caltrop Creator was going to be something useful rather than the unfortunate disappointment it turned out to be, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you have benefited the tinkering community as a whole by alerting them to the problems with that item.

(It's small consolation, I know, but it's better than nothing. )
    Uncle Shmoozo
    "Some of you may remember me ... "

Comment

I know Ngreth has little control over spells. On the other hand he seems
      to have a bit of pull when it comes to spells linked to tradeskills.

I know its a forlorn hope but they took away my ensnaring concoctions
      so would be nice to have something else. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Alricrahl View Post
        I know Ngreth has little control over spells. On the other hand he seems
        to have a bit of pull when it comes to spells linked to tradeskills.

I know its a forlorn hope but they took away my ensnaring concoctions
        so would be nice to have something else. =)
        Well, if you're just looking for a way to snare mobs, consider the Ball of Burlap Yarn which is acquired via the Miranda's Dice quest. It's a targetable, 4 charge, clickie item that casts the Druid/Ranger spell Snare. It isn't rechargeable, but at least it isn't Lore so you can carry a few of them at a time. The quest is relatively easy, and assuming you aren't abjectly hated by the Cat people up in the Kejek Village in the Stonebrunt Mountains it's a really quick quest to complete once you get the needed drop item (Tiny Pouch of Bone Dice) off Prince Bragnar in The Warrens.

It's not a perfect solution, mind you. It's best saved for emergency snares and such. But the snare spell actually sticks fairly well to mobs of about your own level as long as they aren't especially magic resistant.

There's also other items in game which can snare mobs including a variety of weapons which proc various kinds of snare spells, but something about the Ball of Burlap Yarn and the quest which yields it just makes me smile.

Uncle Shmoozo
        "Some of you may remember me ... "

Comment

I am a clicky fiend, I know most clicky items. I used to have the balls of burlap yarn but I don't have room to carry a number of them.

There is also a 10charge insta cast snare item from fungus grove event.

The thing I am looking for is either something I or a friend can create
          to snare for the times I could use snare (like mobs that run bard speed and take off when low on hp right into groups of mobs bear me).

I used to use ensnaring concoction I could spend some time and make up several stacks for when I needed to snare. Those got nerfed so there is no
          real way to obtain snare without having to do loads of mindless farming.

I play a 75enc and I enjoy soloing and pushing the limits, snare is not essential but it was nice to have in the instances I needed it.

Comment

For the effort required, this is indeed worthless. Even as a skill-up route, the rarity of the drops rules it out.

It should be made much easier to make (including the components) if it's to remain at the current level of efficacy.

Alricrahl, thank you for saving me from wasting any more time trying to farm the components for this.
            Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

Working...
            X