Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have become better at Tinkering (300) ... finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have become better at Tinkering (300) ... finally!

I just finally made it to 300 tinkering tonight. It took another dozen combines to get my trophy to level 6. (Level 7 trophy is so far away I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist.)

Anyway, I'm sure glad that's over.

Uncle Shmoozo
    "Some of you may remember me ... "

Gratz!!!

Originally posted by uncleshmoozo View Post
    Level 7 trophy is so far away I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist.
    Yeah, I'm doing the same thing
    Evram
    300 Expert Tinker on Quellious (Rodcet Nife)
    80th Necromancer of the Brew Masters

Comment

Grats! And yup, I'm taking a "when it happens it will be nice" approach to level 7 tink trophy, heh.
      Master Tinkerer Nilbus Oberlovyn
      Level 75 Gnomish Magician
      Dai Shan - Tunare(E'ci)

Comment

Gratz.
        Rawckett Launcher
        79 Gnome Wizard of Sol Ro / Bristlebane
        300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

Grats, but don't give up on the level 7 trophy. Even if its just a few combines a week, keep working on it and you'll get there.

Comment

my trophy is 3% to level 7 and i've had it since they came out.

granted i don't tinker all that much. too many tinker-bots on my server, and i don't play like i used to. still. there just aren't any good combines that are worth it for 3% more skill. if i understand it correctly, the success rate of most of the hard things (aaaa/GM armor) are already capped, so that extra 3% is going nowhere.

Comment

oh, and gratz. that's a long hard, road!

Comment

By the way, the path I used for the last crunch to 300 was making master level DON chain BP and leggings. It requires a smithing skill in the low-to-mid 200s to do the ore conversion step in the cultural forge in Ak'Anon, but once I got past that hurdle the skill up rate on the DON master armor made it well worth the effort to go that route.

I got some of my yttrium ore using a buyer in the Bazaar, and some of it by farming it myself from the thought horrors on the Ssra Temple side of the chasm in The Deep.

One small side benefit to farming the ore myself was that the mobs dropped a whole lot of spells and gems I could sell to merchants and to other players in the Bazaar. Some of the spells they drop are fairly common and it's easier to just sell those to merchants, but some of them are less common or even rare and that makes them worth the bother to sell them to other players.

The mobs also drop a fair amount of spell research items, but I didn't have room to loot everything they dropped so I chose to ignore those.

One major downside to using master level DON chain armor for skill ups is that the armor itself has no value in the game at all. There's pretty much no market for it, merchants won't buy it and tribute masters refuse to even give you any tribute points for it. In the end I wound up simply using it to confirm that my "destroy" button still works correctly, and frankly, that's a **** shame.
                Uncle Shmoozo

Comment

I've been using the same method so far. I'm up to 281 and you are correct about how useless the gnome rogue chain armor is. I just drop in the guild hall, haha, don't even bother the extra click from destroying.
                  Rawckett Launcher
                  79 Gnome Wizard of Sol Ro / Bristlebane
                  300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

My tinker bot just did 54 combines of the Master's legs and go no skillups. Still stuck at 290.

Baldary

Comment

Originally posted by Baldary View Post
                      My tinker bot just did 54 combines of the Master's legs and go no skillups. Still stuck at 290.
                      Yeah, the game's random number generator sometimes produces bad streaks like that. On the other hand it also sometimes produces good streaks, too.

One good thing about the Master DON armor route is that you can actually farm the yttrium ore in a reasonably efficient manner. While uncommon, it's not such a hugely rare drop that you can't get a few stacks in a reasonable amount of time. Most of the other paths to 300 seem to involve annoyingly rare or costly components. Hang in there.

By the way ... anybody want to buy a few dozen woks?

Uncle Shmoozo

Comment

Hooray! Finally got my tinkering skill up to 300 a couple days ago. I have been at 250 for a long long time, and I went up 48 points in about 3 hours using a bunch of sunshard ore I've been collecting, making silver conduits etc.

Some of the sunshard ore I got myself (Plane of Hate mostly plus some others), the rest I got as a bazaar buyer for 100pp each; thankfully I was able to get most of them before the prices shot up.

The RNG turned evil on me for those last two points, took about 200 combines to go from 298-299, then another hundred or so to hit 300.

Benni
                        70 gnome necro on Druzzil Ro

Comment

not sure if you guys know but Yittrum ore also drops of aliens in Scarlet Desert.

Comment

Working...
                          X