No announcement yet.

The new Tinkering Mastery AA quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think becasue of the way it is done, the game has a bit of issue with the display. you need 9 for 3. (you just spent 6 on 2)
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Required Level for Quest

Had been checking back every level since 51. I could not receive it until today just after I dinged 59. I have no AA's saved. I believe its the required level, not the amount of AA's nor the Tinkering skill you have.

On a side note the books all list a required level of 51. /shrug

Comment

They are the same required level for the other tradeskill mastery AA's regardless of what the books say.
        Rawckett Launcher
        79 Gnome Wizard of Sol Ro / Bristlebane
        300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

Just a few updates since I have been working on these lately (before and after the patch).

Before the patch, the tinker character had to be level 59 to hail Rylin and get the quest.

Once you have completed the quest you get three books in your inventory.

I was told before the patch you had to be 59 and the tinkering AAs were in Class tab, which meant you had to buy 6 general, 12 architype before being able to buy the Tinkering Mastery AAs. So I leveled the tinker character to 60 (can do more missions being within 15 levels of Gorse on my main account). And I had earned and spent 2. AAs.

After the patch!

Tinkering AAs are now under the General Tab. Once I dinged my next 3 AAs, I was able to click on the Tinkering Mastery 1 tome from my inventory and receive the first level of Tinkering Mastery series. So this now means that I only have to get 20 AAs = 2 (AAs I wasted) + 3 (TM1) + 6 (TM2) + 9 (TM3) and I will have the Mastery series completed. Since the toon is aleady 60 I might do the first level of salvage too since I had already planned on having to grind at least 36 AAs before (6 general + 12 architype + 18 for the TM).

I do not know if this means that you can now get the quest at level 51 to get the Tinkering Mastery books.

Gorse

Edit: To correct some annoying typing errors.
          Last edited by Gorse; 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I am fairly certain you still have to be level 59. It just does not need the pre-req 6/12 anymore.
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

/bump
              Evram
              300 Expert Tinker on Quellious (Rodcet Nife)
              80th Necromancer of the Brew Masters

Comment

Be advised that the merchant gives books for the reward. The scribing of the books is the actual selection of the AA and therefore requires AA points to be available. It does not merely place the AA option in your chart.

Comment

Luckily, if you try to scribe the Mastery I book and you don't have any AA's and you watch in horror as the book poofs (I speak from experience obviously!), you merely have to hail Rylin and he'll give you the book(s) again.

Comment

I am having the same bug with only getting two of the three books mentioned in the closed thread in the primal scream forum. Seems like this quest is bugged. I have bug reported the problem but am also having no luck with SOE customer service in getting the 3rd book.
                    Kekenewah Silverfire: 82 High Elf Wizard: Drinal Server salvage 3
                    300 Jeweler (plus 15%) & JM3, 300 Smith w/ SM3 (plus 15%), 248 brewer (plus 5%), 300 tailor (plus 15% & TM3), 200 baker, 217 Pottery (plus 5%), 200 Fisherman, 300 spell research w/ AT3 (plus 15%)
                    Kekema: 81 gnome magician 250 fletcher (plus 5%), 215 tinkerer (plus 5%)
                    Kekero: 65 dwarf rogue 300 make poison (plus 12%)
                    Keketrol: 74 troll shaman 300 alchemist w/ AM3 (plus 15%) salvage 3
                    Kekecha: 75 Erudite enchanter 122 smith (plus 5%)
                    Kekenebog: 59 Ogre warrior 203 blacksmith (plus 5%)
                    Kekera: 62 halfling ranger: 189 blacksmith (plus 5%)
                    Keneken: 75 dark elf necro: 112 tailor (plus 5%)
                    Keke 70 High Elf wizard on Mayong 300 plus 12% research with AT3

Comment

Did you try hailing him again? I only received 2 books also, but when I hailed again I received the 3rd book.
                      Abikus Firetender
                      Gnome Shadow Knight of Outsider Domination

Comment

Originally posted by Abikus View Post
                        Did you try hailing him again? I only received 2 books also, but when I hailed again I received the 3rd book.
                        I did the same thing only got books one and two. thought wt... so I hailed him to see if i would get a different quest for third. Instead I got someting like. "Lost your book ah? What do you think i'm made of books? Here's another one, see if you can hold onto it this time." and was given the third book. Did this I think on 2-2-08

Comment

That's exactly what happened to me as well. Had plenty of inventory slots free also (incase anyone wanted to know).
                          Abikus Firetender
                          Gnome Shadow Knight of Outsider Domination

Comment

Working...
                          X