Happy Skillup Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Skillup Story

Working my Gnome rogue alt through tinkering and make poison. I've been making the geerloks and collapsed containers for selling as he progresses up the skill chart. My trader had a good night of selling collapsed containers, so time to make some more...

Skillup 237 from a collapse toolbox combine...woot! Give to trader and make one for stock...

Skillup 238!

2 skillups from two collapsed container combines. I'm feeling lucky so off to burn through the 20 steel casings I have laying around. Make 19 base prototypes...time for Anizok Gauze Presses...

3 skillups in 19 combines!

That's 5 skillups in 21 combines...it felt like starting a tradeskill all over again.

So the next time you hit a bad run of tinkering skillups, remember that I took the good one ;oP

Brickhaus (for Gnorish, the 46 Gnome rogue at 241 tinkering and 282 make poison)
    Brickhaus
    85th Lvl Wood Elf Druid on Druzzil Ro (Xev, Combine)
    &
    Goodn
    85th Lvl Human Paladin on Druzzil Ro

You really do have to get excited about multiple skill-ups, because they're what get you through the dry spells. When finishing Fletching this past weekend, I had a run of 4 skill-ups in a row from 289-293. It was pretty exciting
    Huntmaster Caelith Dawnrunner 85 +2071
    Expert Smith- 300/15% Trophy/SM3/Salvage3

Hunter Sarth Ravenswood (retired)

Comment

That's awesome man, gratz =). I wish the RNG were as good as they were in the past, when I got 39 skillups in 40 combines from my first points in pottery =P.

Comment

Equilibrium

I posted this in the PSR a few days ago when someone got the short end of the skillup stick.

Maybe it was just mean...
        Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
        Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

What were you making?
          Rawckett Launcher
          79 Gnome Wizard of Sol Ro / Bristlebane
          300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

I'm guessing from the Duplicate Lore Items Not Allowed message that he was doing collapsed containers.

Comment

Yup. If i remember right i was in shadowhaven at the time so it was probably toolboxes.
              Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
              Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

I will hate the RNG until the end of EQ or the end of time, whichever comes first.

18 failed GM trophies...
                Tinkering skill 192-194 = 379 combines
                Tinkering skill 190-202 = ~1600 combines
                5th Prayer Shawl Quest, collect 75 Crystalline Silk Thread and 5 Glowing Worm Bile = complete 3.6 times, 2 complete failures, 3 subcombine failures (at least 50 points over trivial of course)
                Evram
                300 Expert Tinker on Quellious (Rodcet Nife)
                80th Necromancer of the Brew Masters

Comment

Working...
                X