• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you pay for velious pelts?

Title says it all ;-)

TIA

Korrick

If I was impatient and wanted to buy arctic wyvern hides, I usually paid up to 30pp each in bazaar. Any more and I used to run out of cash too quick.

Cheers
    Cebi Majere
    62 Iksar Monk

Grandmaster Tailor(250)
    Smith(200)
    Brewer(200)
    Fishing (200)
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=79327

Comment

Yah...I'd pay up to 20pp-ish for wyverns - but I only bought them a few times.

Never really bought anything else. Well, I should say why: 1) I had 60 black panther skins in the bank waiting for yew leaves, so I certainly didn't need to buy them, 2) I would have bought haze panther for whatever price if there were any for sale ever, 3) no one sold othmir fur nor cobalt drake when I was shopping, 4) and I bought tigerraptor once, but only when I was desperately trying to ding 250.

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
      Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
      Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

Othmir fur is effectively worthless given the price of caps; I've found some on vendors (4pp each or so) but wouldn't buy it for any more that that. I also won't pay more than vendor price (11-12pp) for arctic wyvern, since cod (and studs!) are my gating factor there, and if I need them I can always find them. I'll pay up to ~50pp for cobalt drake, black panther, and tigeraptor. As for haze panther, I flashed out 300pp (a pretty good price) for one of those once, failed a tunic, and decided that wasn't too bright at my skill level, so I haven't tried that again lately.
        [53 Vicar] Frabbens Donutbringer (Halfling) <Emerald Alliance>, Lanys T'Vyl
        Grandmaster chef of Bristlebane; destitute master tailor (190)

Comment

re

Arctic wyvern hides: up to 15 pp. I can get them from the vendor for 13 pp 6 gp. They are easy to get and loads of ppl just sell them to vendors. The cod is hard to get, and it takes so many studs to make the decent stuff, that the time invested in those is heavy. This makes hides cheap. Some apparently misinformed person has been trying to sell them for 250 pp each for awhile now *smirks*

small Velium bricks: up to 25 pp per brick. beyond that I can farm them myself thank you very much for that price.

Cobalt drake hides: up to 125-150 pp each. These are normally for sale at 200+ on my server. I only buy them if I see a good deal.

Panther hides: Don't know as i never see them for sale at all.

Haze panther hides: don't know as I never see them for sale at all.

Tigerraptor: up to 50 pp each. I bought some once, but I wouldnt pay more than 50 pp because they aren't too hard to get and once again take studs *grumbles about studs*

Othmir: up to 50 pp each. That makes a combine 100 pp in hides. The hats do not sell at all and you cannot even sell them to vendors (not that i remember, they never wanted to buy them from me before).

I normally check the bazaar prices once a day when I am on. I have been doing this for about 3-4 months now so price ranges on hides have not changed at all in this time frame. /shrug
          Kiatek Elvenfyre
          Storm Warden

Comment

Well, on ARo when I sell them Arctic is really cheep, Tiger goes for 100pp/each still, sometimes it's down to 80pp, Black Panter is around 80pp/each, Haze is like 500pp/each if you can ever find it. Hoglesh and Othmir I never see, ever. Hope that helps.
            Enfiniti Starr
            Pathfinder of the great Rain God, Karana
            Ayonae Ro

Comment

on Vazaelle...

Vazaelle may not be representative of average prices, as tailoring supplies and tailored items have been wierd lately... But as last I knew, here's the going rates more or less...

Wyvern 25-50pp
              Tiger Raptor 25-75pp
              Black Panther 100-125pp
              Haze Panther 1000pp (yes, 1k)
              Cobalt Drake 100-150pp

Haze is ridiculously overpriced for the stats of the armor it produces, but unfortunately there's usually only one person making the stuff, so things have gotten out of control, and I'm too burned out to go farm the hides to make the stuff myself.

Many of the Velious leathers that used to get 2k each or more for tailored items (black panther legs, tunic, drake belt) can be had for 1k or slightly less nowadays. Maybe lots of people sellin off and eBaying out, I dunno...

Comment

I'm also on Ayonae Ro with Enfiniti. Tigeraptor hides may be priced at 150ish pp. But they dont sell. I may buy one or two if I have some studs left over, but out of cod oil. This one guy has had the same 80 Cobalt Drake hides for 200pp for a month. There was no Othmir fur for weeks after PoP came out. I buy all the furs now as long as they are in the 30-100pp range . As well as bulldoze over their little shell houses. Holgresh furs are never for sale. I try to sell my own plethora of wyvern hides for 10-15pp each, they dont sell much.

Carnival Chameleon
                Ayonae Ro

212 Iksar Dreadlord Tailor

Comment

It's really too bad that the haze drops are so freakin' rare - the armor is actually pretty darn nice. But at the price I would have to charge for the time it takes to farm the darn things, no rogue could afford it or would want to.

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
                  Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
                  Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

Originally posted by Chenier
                    It's really too bad that the haze drops are so freakin' rare - the armor is actually pretty darn nice. But at the price I would have to charge for the time it takes to farm the darn things, no rogue could afford it or would want to.

/agree

My baby rogue twink would LOVE that. But my tailor won't be camping those any time soon, and if you think I am going to pay 1-2k for hides, then find Yew Leaves, And Velium temper, all for a twink who I rarely pay. PSSSH.

DROPRATE++ , PLZ.

-Lilosh
                    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
                    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
                    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Wow, your prices are much lower than on Karana. If I find arctic wyvern hides for &lt; 80pp I snap them up. They are usually 80-100pp. Raptor hides can be anywhere from 100pp to 300pp each. Cobalt hides hold steadily around 300pp. Panther really fluctuate, from 60-350pp.

Velium pieces go for 20-30pp.

Divine Comedies on Karana º Listen to my theme song º Slay the dragon to email me º Profile.

Comment

On Quellious, cobalt drake is in the 100-200 pp range, othmir is too rare to be found, arctic wyvern is around 30 pp, black panther is 100 pp, and raptor is 100-200 pp. Haze Panther is 1 K plus.

The drake hides are worth buying at 100, as the belts sell for 800ish. Nobody hunts othmir it seems, because I can never find othmir furs in The Bazaar. Been that way ever since the changes to Harmony. Given how low-priced othmir hats are, I can't see them selling for much anyways. The Wyvern stuff seems to mostly be used for skilling, although the odd hat or other piece shows up. Yew Leaves are still at 300-400 pp each, so most of the Black Panther stuff isn't worth making. I make tunics because the stats aren't total garbage compared with acrylia reinforced. There's one person that has tried to corner the raptorhide market, and has been sitting with a ton of overpriced prom queen gear in inventory for a month. The haze panther is mostly awful prom queen stuff, especially considering the alternatives available. But because it has big numbers of stats, the price has been jacked way up on pelts and finished product. Not a market I want to be in.

Delores Mulva
                        Lotus Cult
                        Quellious

Comment

gladon!!!!!
                          where ya been hiding, haven't seen you in ages
                          I've been seeing alot of moelle thou in bazaar, and I swear it you
                          yeah prices for hides on vaz are weird, but I've just been farming for the hides and velium is easy to farm in CC
                          I'm still looking for flawless rockhopper hides to skill up with acylia that and velium hound hides but I get 1 hound hide in 5 wolves I hunt
                          still this is a pain
                          and yeah you were right galadon Wu WAS the easy part
                          best laloin

Comment

Nameless economy is sad, for me at least becuase i am always broke. I won't buy Othmir furs for over 30pp per, some people price them as high as 100pp per but usually lower their price when they realize no one will buy for that. Arctic wyvern ranges wildly. I was lucky the other day to find a trader selling 54 for 5pp per. Otherwise I look for the ones selling for under 50pp. I hardly ever buy the tigerraptor hides because people are charging over 100pp per. I'll camp them myself for that price, the spawns aren't as highly contested like Wyverns. I don't buy panther hides in the bazaar. I don't plan on skilling up on them because the components are too difficult to come by. The black panther hides that i have banked are waiting for ding 250 so i can attempt to make my bf's monk some armor. I don't buy cobalt drake hides for over 50 per. They usually are selling for 100 or more but i get lucky sometimes. Holgresh aren't worth skilling on, imo. I do have some banked from when we where camping them for ice forge shackle quest but i won't buy them.

The other components i get myself to try and offset the amount of plat i spend on the hides. But since it's my only real economical way to 250 i'm willing to do the tedious work.

Morgani Windlance
                            54 Druid, Nameless
                            The Storm's Eye
                            Do not start with me. You will not win. For I am a tree hugging dirt worshipper.

Comment

Working...
                            X