Beginner Trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Trophy

Why is leather gorget part of the *Beginner* Tailoring trophy? In order to make the item, you need Brewing at 68 (which admittedly is not a big deal), but the frustrating part is fishing. To make the fish oil, you need fish eggs which trivials at fishing 135. The skillup method for beginning fishing listed on the boards is to make fish bones using fresh fish - wonderful if I could. I can't find a recipe for fish bones using fresh fish. The only recipes I've found are from fish that don't seem very common and will still involve hours and hours of fishing /groan.

This recipe seems more suited to a later trophy than beginner due to the complexity involved so I was curious if anyone can tell me if I'm missing something that makes this more simple?

Thanks.

If you use Thunder Salmon you don't need to mess with the bones iirc.
    Thunder salmon and a skinning kife in a tackle box makes the eggs iirc. Then its just eggs and water in a brew barrol.The yield is 2 on the eggs also.

Comment

Ok thanks, I'll give that a try! Fished for over 3 hours last night in Toxx.. got my skill to about 60'ish, broke 2 fishing poles, got one stack of fresh fish, 8 greengill salmon, 12 Kaerra catfish and misc. other stuff. Was quite boring. Hehe.. fishing was the one skill I really hadn't planned on leveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Safyra View Post
        Ok thanks, I'll give that a try! Fished for over 3 hours last night in Toxx.. got my skill to about 60'ish, broke 2 fishing poles, got one stack of fresh fish, 8 greengill salmon, 12 Kaerra catfish and misc. other stuff. Was quite boring. Hehe.. fishing was the one skill I really hadn't planned on leveling.
        save those greengill salmon if your also into brewing:-)
        P.S. there is a Frostfell quest for a bait bucket that summons bait if you can combine the two tasks but you will be doing ALOT of fishing hehe.
        Also a easy quest in PoP for a clicky that summons fishing poles if your tried of breaking em hehe
        Last edited by Zaltak; 01-02-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Raw-hide Gorget

lol

I thought you'd be complaining about the Raw-hide Gorget. That's always been the painful part for me. I have 5 of them on a mule now.
          Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

Working...
          X