Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps you need to know something more

I am a 300 Artisan with all trophys,
    When I try to combine water flask, Ossified ancestral Acrilia thread, mythical filament, Exquisite leather leggings template, exquisite marrow, pattern for vah shir leggings, vah shir needle in my Shar Vahl sewing kit in experiment mode.
    I get the message "This seems correct but something is wrong, perhaps you need to know something more in order to combine this"
    Last edited by SynidarNC; 11-16-2007, 08:37 AM.
    Synidar
    85th Beastlord
    Master Artisan
    Guild Leader of Norrathian Collective
    Erollisi Marr

That's funny, I just fail 3 times in a row when trying to do the same combine.

In PoK, in the alcove next to the Library entrance are several new merchants. One of the merchants in a line of 4 has an odd name compared to the rest in that line, the not so odd are named tinkering xxx, tailoring xxx, smithing xxx, go to the 4th one and buy the elegant cultural for vah shir (or some such), open it, scribe it and that may fix your problem.
    Regards,

Sleep and I'll steal your platinum, dream and I'll steal your soul

Comment

Grebl has the correct idea

You need to get the book from the cultural discoveries historian
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Thanks, That fixed it.
        Made myself wristband and legs so far to replace my Elaborate Vah Anima items, will be replacing the rest as I can find the Marrow. That seems to be the rare item.
        Synidar
        85th Beastlord
        Master Artisan
        Guild Leader of Norrathian Collective
        Erollisi Marr

Comment

Is this still broken for Iksar? Been getting that message also and I have bought the available books and scribed. Didn't see the sublime tailoring at all, just smithing. All set to roll once i can get my patterns...

Comment

ok the way it works...is if your 300 in tailoring you see the tailoring books, if your 300 in smithing the smithing books. attemping the combines in experiment mode will tell ye to bugger off as incintive to get to 300.

Comment

so those of us that don't buy plat or can't farm for years can't even try to make ourselves better armor

that isn't encouraging me to work on tradeskills it is encouraging me to give up
              Glad I haven't spent any aa's on other tradeskills besides tailoring yet

Leachim
              roughly 200 in most tradeskill areas

Comment

Originally posted by leachim View Post
                so those of us that don't buy plat or can't farm for years can't even try to make ourselves better armor

that isn't encouraging me to work on tradeskills it is encouraging me to give up

Leachim
                You do not have to buy plat or farm for years to make yourself better armor. If you want to make the very best items (300-600+ HP/mana) then you have to do something to earn it. There are still plenty of items below that are inexpensive to learn and make, without buying or spending years to get there. If you want everything givento your for free, try a game with cheat codes.

The new system gives a tiered progression. As you skill up there are no huge jumps, parts drop off global loot tables and are much more available than they used to be (except of course the very rare items). The new system makes it easier, faster and cheaper to skill up. How is that ~not~ encouraging? I guess we all have different definitions.

All the trade skills are not the same. You don't have to spend AAs on any of them. If you want to increase your chances of success when making tradeskill items, then you should consider buying them. I'm not sure what adding high skill requirements to be able to view the templates for the very highest tradeskill items (and nearly the best gear possible) in the game makes you glad that you did not spend AAs on something like JC, but if it makes you happy, I'd guess you need all you can get.

Gorse

Comment

Originally posted by BeltiraBelkira View Post
                  ok the way it works...is if your 300 in tailoring you see the tailoring books, if your 300 in smithing the smithing books. attemping the combines in experiment mode will tell ye to bugger off as incintive to get to 300.
                  Not quite. They are different levels. To see the highest levels you have to be 300 skill. But, at lower levels you can see up to whatever point your raw skill matches. At your given skill you can see items 1-3 tiers above your current skill up path.

If you want the top end items though, you have to skill up first.

Gorse

Comment

sorry about the rant....I am in a small guild so raid gear is out of the question I am very slowly working on getting keyed so I can try some open raids. It took a long time for me to complete the exalted aug quest and was dissapointed when I couldn't attempt to make myself better armor. I can't find any help to finish my emminent aug quest (the nest can be nasty and no one wants to go there) so I am wearing a elaborate robe and pants with sacred augs with is relatively lousy gear for a level 79 wiz. I would probably have a ton of money but I can't justify selling rk II tens spells and such for tons of money. I tend to give the spells to those that can use it. I did over a hundred combines on the lower level stuff to try and raise skill emptying my bank in the process and only recieved 1 skillup and that was making the elablorate robes for myself not the stuff that trivialled slightly higher than my skill. with tailoring mastery 3 and salvage aa I did manage to make robes and pants according to the odds of succeeding on this site (int over 400 + tailoring trophy) but skillups seemed far rarer than I expected

Leachim

Comment

The nest isn't that big a deal, you can invis to the room with the mobs that you need, there is one wanderer to kill off to give yourself some room to work in. I solo'd down there as a level 75 ranger for about 2 hours and got 3 or 4 kills and 1 impression. With a group you should be able to handle the mobs no problems, the xp isn't that bad, the rewards to your guild in terms of the symbols would be fantastic if you description of your available raid equipment is right.

btw I didn't find anything that summoned, so root and back off when you get into trouble makes this possible.

Comment

sorry about the rant....I am in a small guild so raid gear is out of the question I am very slowly working on getting keyed so I can try some open raids. It took a long time for me to complete the exalted aug quest and was dissapointed when I couldn't attempt to make myself better armor. I can't find any help to finish my emminent aug quest (the nest can be nasty and no one wants to go there) so I am wearing a elaborate robe and pants with sacred augs with is relatively lousy gear for a level 79 wiz. I would probably have a ton of money but I can't justify selling rk II tens spells and such for tons of money. I tend to give the spells to those that can use it. I did over a hundred combines on the lower level stuff to try and raise skill emptying my bank in the process and only recieved 1 skillup and that was making the elablorate robes for myself not the stuff that trivialled slightly higher than my skill. with tailoring mastery 3 and salvage aa I did manage to make robes and pants according to the odds of succeeding on this site (int over 400 + tailoring trophy) but skillups seemed far rarer than I expected

Leachim
                        Sometimes you have bad runs and sadly it sounds like you did there, especially making the cultural armor. Unfortunately, bad runs happen and the best you can do is hope that karma will give you a really great run in the future. =)

To develop trade skills, it will take lots of time, lots of plat or a mixture of both. Don't be afraid to put a big price on an item that sells for big plat. Especially if you succeeded on elaborate items you should be able to make a decent profet (on Tunare server, they sell from 15K to 40K for most elaborate pieces). I typically shoot for a price that helps cover my costs and still gives a big discount off other prices in the bazaar.

I would suggest looking for like minded people (people working the same or similar trade skill tasks) and start grouping with them to get things done. A high level wizzy is always a welcomed addition to groups.

Gorse

Comment

Leachim
                          First get yourself up to 300 skill and you will be able to buy the recipe books. Then get the mastery & salvage AA and skill mod item to make sure you have a good success rate.

Then start doing cultural combines for other people and you will receive money, and often spare ingredients that you can then use to make armour for yourself.

You don't need to be flagged or in an uber raid guild to get cultural armour.
                          Telorea
                          Proud Member of Forgotten Nemesis
                          Premier Barbarian Smith of Firiona Vie
                          Member of the 2100 (2400) Club

Comment

Do what I did as there are soo many drops out there. I announced to my guild what I was doing and could I please get XXXX. I got so much it flooded my bank. Remember unless they are seling on trader most just destroy it. Check and see how many tradeskillers you have in guild, we dont have many so they welcomed the fact that someone could and would be able to make and not have to pay the 500K prices from baz for it. Incentive all around. Just make sure you tell them when working on parts what you need not just generalities. I have since made an additional toon to store everythign they give me. For some reason they think I will do all so i get everything.

So make your self availaable to your guild and friends, it really pays off. Remember also that perhaps you cant make their armor but you CAN make them charms and symbols for any race.

Comment

My Vah Shir tailor is getting this message when trying to make elegant items.
                              I bought, and even read, the pok books. His skill is 300 and he did the master trophy quest.
                              I am using Vah Shir sewing kit and needle.

My main is a Master Artisan who has made a number of cultural items.

Any tips?

Comment

Working...
                              X