Abysmal sea trade skill quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abysmal sea trade skill quests

I keep hearing about these but I can not find anything on them here. I have used the search feature and rooted thru the tailoring and smithing forum for the last few days.
    Could someone shed some light on a newbie tailor and smith. If I could jst get the name of who I need to talk to that would be a great starting point.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find it.

Harir Ofdadog

I don't know the names of the specific NPCs offhand, but they are pretty easy to find. Just go to abysmal sea and use the find utility (Ctrl-F) to search out the vendors for the tradeskill you are interested in. Then talk to each one. One of them will offer dialogue to start the quest, and will hand you some items that you have to combine and hand back...many times.

Comment

title of thread: Abysmal Sea trade skill quests

Coincidentally, on the www.eqtraders.com main page, there is a link in the left-hand-side menu called "Quests".

Clicking on this link leads you to the Master Quest List page, conveniently listed by expansion.

Clicking on Gates of Discord leads you to the Gates of Discord Quests page.

In the first paragraph there is a link to the Progressive quests. Please read this page and scroll down to the bottow for links to the "Freebie" and "Collect" versions of the quests for the various tradeskills.

Good luck!
      Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
      Silky Moderator Lady
      Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Thanks Maevenniia and Twistagain,
        I'm not sure How I missed the link for the progressive quest I had looked on the page yesterday and even clicked on the links below it. Must be the cat eyes were weary but that point.

Thanks again I'm a happy kittie again.

Comment

One thing to note about these quests.

Each level of the quest requires hand in of approx 80 to 100 successfull combines. If after making approximately that amount you still haven't reached the trivial for the item you are making then just destroy the successfull combines.

The quest is triggered from the number of success handins you make so by destroying then successes instead of handing them in you can keep getting new ingredients until you skillup to the trivial level. With the recent problems with low level skillups a number of people ran out of attempts becuase they kept handing in the successes instead of stalling out until they had trivialed - simply destroying the successes until they wanted to progress would have saved them this problem.

Comment

How many combines?

Before you get to the point where you always get two back, you will always get one on your cursor, and after dropping that one in your inventory will see a second appear after it on your cursor if you succeeded on making two in that attempt. When you reach the point that you always get two, you will get two stacked together on your cursor (the icon will have a 2 in the lower corner rather than a 1). After dropping those two together in your inventory, you will see a third appear on your cursor if you succeeded on getting three in that attempt. And then, when you finally reach the point where you always get three refined materials from each attempt, you will simply get three stacked together.

Does anyone have a number where you moive from 1.5 to 2? and from 2-3?

Comment

Originally posted by Kakg
              One thing to note about these quests.

Each level of the quest requires hand in of approx 80 to 100 successfull combines. If after making approximately that amount you still haven't reached the trivial for the item you are making then just destroy the successfull combines.
              That's funny, I always maxed the trivial out far before getting the 80 - 100 successfull combines when I did these quests. It was horrible, then I looked up prices for combines and went the less time consuming way for some of the other tradeskills.
              Xislaben The Rising Sun - Crimson Tempest

Dead Things

Comment

Ah, but we don't know the effect that the revisions to skill up rates will have on these quests yet, Xislaben.

One thing for sure, they won't go as fast as they used to at the lower levels.
                http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=317697

Comment

Thanks again all I did bot freebie quests yesterday. Tailoring was at 31 I maxed out on the trivial with the first set of 20 for each new item. Looks like they did fix the problem. Smithing was at 1 but I trivialed after the 3rd set of 20 on the first item and repeated max trivia after the first set of 20 each new item.

Harir

Comment

Working...
                  X