Post Wu's tailoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Wu's tailoring

With the trivial changes, the most efficient skill up progression from 158 to 250 must have been altered as well. Taking into consideration the new changes, what would be both the fastest (without plat considerations) and the cheapest (without time considerations) route to the mid 200's? Have these changes positively impacted the low end tailoring skill-up path in reguards to either time, plat or both? Alternatively, have these trivial changes also made the mid-end tailoring much more difficult as well?

I know I should take the time to scan deeply into each and every post but I have a newborn in the house and EQ is really on a back burner at the moment. I'm just trying to keep abreast of the changes and have an idea of how to attack the situation once I can find time to play again. Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Zeriux; 03-08-2005, 10:48 PM.

Cheapest way, without concern for farming time, would be to farm Reinforced Acrylia. Everything farmed your total cost is extremely low. If you farm everything, your total cost per combine is about 4pp tops. Paela Bark Tanin at 2pp per combine, and whatever the cost of the various patterns you are using.

Fastest way, with no consideration to cost, IMO is Solstice Ceremonial Robes. Spider Silks are almost always for sale in the bazaar (atleast on my server), and everything else is purchased... the only thing that slows it up a bit is having a Tunare follower Imbue the Emeralds for you and you'll need 3 per combine.

That's just my opinion, others may have different views on the "fastest"route.

Comment

LOY ribbons to 187:

http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/rec...r=080110040000

And LOY cultural robes to 222.

Comment

LoY Ribbons are fast, but costly. Especially if you can't forage the items yourself. I tried to raise skill on them, and found myself often waiting for the various essence parts to do the ribbons. Hence why I posted solstice robes as over all faster.

Comment

I found LoY ribbons to be extremely fast. I got a skill up every 6-10 combines, it was amazing. However, it was also costly. To get from 155 to 187, I spent 30k... and I have my own forager.

I kept all the ribbons, but now I think I'm either going to tribute them or sell them back as finding the research components for robes after 187 is ... well... **** near impossible.

Now I'm using the druid on my second account to do Solstice robes, but I only plan on doing them for as long as I can keep failing on them. Every success steals a chain which is costly. I suspect that once I get to 220ish I will be switching over to velious and erudite cultural armor. I fished 400 cobalt cod and have a few stacks of wyvern hides.

Expert armor seems to be a valid way of skilling up, but I'm not sure how many times you can get the patters per book.

After 252, I'm not really sure what I'd do.... I'll cross that road when I get there.

Comment

A quick update. After doing 100 combines for solstice robes last night and coming back with 67 robes at the skill of 187-190 (yes, 190 skill, 67% success rate), I'm not ever doing these robes again. I only got three skill ups, it cost me 20k plat, and a rediculous amount of time doing CE's and such. I honestly believe I can make more efficient use of my time, money, and effort doing velious tailoring from 190->250 as a wizard than the other options. (acrylia is a pita to farm as a wizard). However, I'm still looking into trying Expert armor to 222 as I hear it really has a high skill up rate.

Comment

Expert armor seems to be a valid way of skilling up, but I'm not sure how many times you can get the patters per book.
              I've got 4 sets of patterns so far, and it still says the same thing. So, I'm guessing that's just gonna be flavor text and it's not gonna poof, but who knows

Comment

Working...
              X