DoN Wood Elf Leather Armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoN Wood Elf Leather Armor

I wrote this late last night and today decided to post in the correct forum and maybe all of us WE leather wearers can compare notes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I am so confused. I have been going around in circles for hours now, reading all the posts I can trying to sort this out. I think I am missing something minor - help
    I decided to do the quest armor in order, from Journeyman on up. for fun. ha.

New Fier'Dal Cultural Sewing kit - complete

New Fier'Dal Cultural Emb Needle - complete

Journeyman's Brambleborn Swatchs ( MQ Cat Pelt) - complete

Journeyman's < > SYMBOL PATTERNS

Book : Journeymans's Book of Wood Elf Culture

Book : Ancestral Wood Elf Armor - book quotes sculpting tools, etc. ? smithing not tailoring

1. DO I have the wrong Ancestral book, therefore produced the wrong patterns? I just thought of this as I typed this... did I do the wrong quest?

2. Are there different quests for tailoring and smithing patterns?

3. I am confused on the SYMBOL Pattern name - this can not be the symbol augments I read about which seems to be an additional step after the armor has been produced.... Am I missing a step somewhere? What's with the symbol pattern name?

I have been trying to combine the needle, the pattern, a swatch(1) and the wrist symbol pattern in the sewing kit - NG - cannot be combined in this container type.

Sorry - very tired and I think I have the wrong patterns. Any suggestions?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am still confused about my book - why it states smithing recipes and not tailoring ~ When I am back in game tonight I will go back to the questgiver and see what else I can prompt. Any thoughts on this?

I have now read my tailoring books from PoK and I think where I went wrong is that I need to add to my combine another swatch of my base material, without the mithril stitching. Hopefully this combine will produce "a fine template". Can't wait to try tonight.

Next, it seems, is another special pattern book...

To answers others question - YES there is a Fier'Dal embroidering needle - found the recipe on EQTraders

Can anyone add to this?

many thanks

Originally posted by forestwench
    New Fier'Dal Cultural Sewing kit - complete

New Fier'Dal Cultural Emb Needle - complete

Journeyman's Brambleborn Swatchs ( MQ Cat Pelt) - complete
    You made a new needle and a leather swatch?

Could you please share how you made these?

Thanks,

Brickhaus

P.S. I'll try to answer your other questions as best I can in a separate message.
    Brickhaus
    85th Lvl Wood Elf Druid on Druzzil Ro (Xev, Combine)
    &
    Goodn
    85th Lvl Human Paladin on Druzzil Ro

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      You made a new needle and a leather swatch?

Could you please share how you made these?

Thanks,

Brickhaus
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Brickhaus,

My notes are at home unfortunately and will have to confirm when I get there, but here is what I remember:

Fier'Dal Embroidery Needle : I first made a regular embroidery needle, then combined it with Essence of Sunlight in the Fier'Dal Forge in Kelethin. This produced a Fier'Dal Embroidery needle. The forge is no longer named "fier'dal", but I used the same one I had always used for cultural combines- from the newbie lift > find the tailoring vendor on the same platform > up to the next platform is a regular forge and UP again there is another forge. That is the one I used for my combines. (sorry have limited access to sites here, so no platform #)
      Recipe link
      If the link doesn't work - look up needle on EQtrader and the cultural ones are listed.

The Journeyman's Brambleborn Swatch I followed this recipe.

Now that was only after much reading I finally decided to just look it up. I never expected the recipe to be there. I do not think I did anything different then this.

Now I am wondering whether this is even the swatch I need.

Comment

Ngreths reply ...

so sorry ~ was trying to keep all this in the proper place and not to make it more confusing....

Here is the original thread

This has Ngreths reply to my questions on the second page...

what is the journeymans brambleborn swatch for then?

Comment

1. DO I have the wrong Ancestral book, therefore produced the wrong patterns? I just thought of this as I typed this... did I do the wrong quest?
          No, you have the correct book, you can either make tailoring patterns or smithing molds with this.

2. Are there different quests for tailoring and smithing patterns?
          No. Only different quests for different levels of symbols.

3. I am confused on the SYMBOL Pattern name - this can not be the symbol augments I read about which seems to be an additional step after the armor has been produced.... Am I missing a step somewhere? What's with the symbol pattern name?
          I have only done the HIE silk symbol making, but leather should be similar, the combine for silk symbols is Journeyman's Water of Growth ( Blessed water of Tunare + Jade Shard in a JC kit) + proper symbol pattern + Silk Swatch. Replace the silk swatch with whatever material you use to make the base for your armor (MQ Cat Pelt?) and replace the Blessed water of Tunare with Karana?

Your Journeyman's book of Wood Elven Culture, creates symbols for smithing and armor,

I have been trying to combine the needle, the pattern, a swatch(1) and the wrist symbol pattern in the sewing kit - NG - cannot be combined in this container type.

Sorry - very tired and I think I have the wrong patterns. Any suggestions?
          You need a book binding to do this combine, made with the same procedure as you made the armor patterns, except it uses a roll of velium instead of roll of plain parchment.

I am still confused about my book - why it states smithing recipes and not tailoring ~ When I am back in game tonight I will go back to the questgiver and see what else I can prompt. Any thoughts on this?
          Yes the pattern book is vague.

Comment

Got it.

Each book makes one backpack full of patterns.

Ancestral Wood Elf Armor Book creates the "pattern for Wood Elven < >"

The Journeyman's Book of Wood Elven Culture creates the "Journeyman's < > Symbol Pattern"

and so on thru the tiers...

Don't know why that was so difficult. Lack of sleep maybe...

ok - on to to armor creation.

Thank you all.

Comment

Fier dal forge

Is it just me or is the fierdal forge (used to be on platform 22 in Kelethin) now just an ordinary forge. I think I have all the right things to make fierdal sewing kit (water, needle mold,thimble mold and small brick of mithril) but i cannot combine in this container. The forge does not say fier dal forge. From reading other posts people have manged to make the sewing kit. I am on the stromm server. Have they just moved it or does anyone have any suggestions please.

Comment

Originally posted by nimma
                Is it just me or is the fierdal forge (used to be on platform 22 in Kelethin) now just an ordinary forge. I think I have all the right things to make fierdal sewing kit (water, needle mold,thimble mold and small brick of mithril) but i cannot combine in this container. The forge does not say fier dal forge. From reading other posts people have manged to make the sewing kit. I am on the stromm server. Have they just moved it or does anyone have any suggestions please.

I used the forge on platform 22. The one that USED to say "Fier'Dal".

Comment

When I made my kit, I had to use the old recipe for Fier'Dal kits:
                  Mithril bit (2 small bricks of mithril + morning dew in cultural forge)
                  Water
                  Needle mold
                  Thimble mold
                  Ilona - Gwenae - Amarantha - Deandra - Minim

Comment

Working...
                  X