Question about Shadow Scream Armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Shadow Scream Armor

I was curious if anyone who did Screaming armor for skill up to 250 kept a running log of the total number of Shrieking / Whailing substances you used. I currently have 400 of each saved up in the bank and I am thinking about going to 1000 of each before I begin doing combines.

I currently have 188 skill and would like to push on to 240. and would like to Pre-Pharm all the components necessary before I begin. (with the obvious exception of the Shadow Parts as they are no rent) I know there is no exact number with the SOE RNG in full effect but a rough estimate would be great.

Oh ya, and curse the dev that didnt put a Mithril vendor in Kelethin even though it's required for Wood-Elf cultural! I had the extreme pleasure of running back and forth to and from Felwithe to make cultural fletching kits to 163 smithing. Just cant believe nobody ever complained about this before.

Assuming you get 1 skillup per 20 combines, you would need about 1000 of each to make it to 240. I would start combining those and get them out of the way. Get a few teams of friends to farm swirling shadows after you start combining, it would make it a lot easier.

If you have decent luck, 380 combines should get you to 200 at least. If the RNG curses you, you might get only 1 or 2 points.
    Doranor Singebeard
    Paladin of Brell, 51st season, Prexus Server
    Smith - 198 Brewer - 167
    Potter - 188 Tailor - 158
    Fletcher - 166 Baker - 163
    Jewelcrafter - 182

Comment

I used about 1029 shadowscream combines for 50 skill ups between 180 and 244. Most of the other skill ups were mistletoe cutting sickles.

I never had more than 400 of either substance. I just didn't have the bank space. Being a trade skiller is a bouble hit on storage: you have more items to store, but need to have more space available while working.

Arghargh Grumble, Darkblood
      60 Ogre Shaman of Rallos Zek
      Alchemy – 180
      Baking – 200
      Brewing - 200
      Fishing - 200
      Fletching – 200
      Jewelcraft –200
      Potting - 200
      Grandmaster Smith - 250
      Tailoring – 161

Comment

Re: Question about Shadow Scream Armor

Originally posted by Menion
        Oh ya, and curse the dev that didnt put a Mithril vendor in Kelethin even though it's required for Wood-Elf cultural! I had the extreme pleasure of running back and forth to and from Felwithe to make cultural fletching kits to 163 smithing. Just cant believe nobody ever complained about this before.

Find me a HQ ore vendor ONE zone away from Rivervale , and I'll listen to your complaint.

Our sewing kits require HQ Metal Bits, which I have to make somewhere, then go to Rivervale.

And no, PoK doesnt count. Felwithe borders Kelethin, at least. Having to zone out to Misty, then to PoK, then back to Misty, then back to rivervale stinks.

:-)

-Lilosh
        Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
        President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
        Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Find me a HQ ore vendor ONE zone away from Rivervale , and I'll listen to your complaint.

Our sewing kits require HQ Metal Bits, which I have to make somewhere, then go to Rivervale.

And no, PoK doesnt count. Felwithe borders Kelethin, at least. Having to zone out to Misty, then to PoK, then back to Misty, then back to rivervale stinks.
          Atleast your stuff stacks

Try making Cultural Fletching kits....1st you have to buy the hinge / lid and base molds then go down 2 ramps cross a bridge then go up 2 more ramps to get to the cultural forge. Thats after crossing 2 zones to buy unstackable small mithril blocks once every 40 or so trys.

Comment

310 combines so far from 196 to 210, give or take a couple for chest or leg combines (they take 2) I farm about 200 of each substance at a time and whip up as many orbs as my smithing partner/mule can hold to save some bank space, soon to not be a problem if you have legacy.

hardest part is the shadows, sometimes they just dont drop. I've had times where i've gotten 20 in 3 hours, sometimes i get 60..it is really wishy washy.

Comment

I must be somewhere near 200 combines of SS myself, and gone from 189 to 199. So about a thousand of each substance, is a great start.

Just got to hope the range does not hate you.

I agree on the shadows (in T.S) my average for clearing the Isle is about 14 Shadows, but I have gotten as high as 25 and as low as 6 before.

I have not really invested any real time into farming the shades in Shadeweavers but.

Comment

1000 substances may be a bit on the low side, depending on your skillup rate. I can tell you with certainty that I've farmed 400 substances already, and went from 190-224 on shadowscream alone with 260 int and about 133 str. Skillups are VERY varied, depending on int/str/wis stats. On average though, it seems to be about one skillup per 20 attempts, depending...

My suggestion is do the farming in batches of 200-300 at a time. This way, you can save your sanity! It may not seem like a lot of farming in the beginning, but trust me, when you're on your 4th stack of wailing substances, and are aiming for 10 stacks, and you still have to farm shadows, it's a daunting task.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

Cend

Cendorly's Magelo ~Lurina's Magelo

Comment

Originally posted by Menion
                  How about the fact that there's no HQ Ore Vendor anywhere near Freeport?
                  Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                  Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                  Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                  Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

Originally posted by Angelsyn
                    How about the fact that there's no HQ Ore Vendor anywhere near Freeport?

Bah, it's only a looong wait and a longer boat ride to Kaladim.

And then crawling back with all that ore, unless you can gate!

No complaining! Heh.....

-Lilosh
                    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
                    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
                    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

wanna hear me whine about velium and velium temper required for de cultural?

Thought not

At least you can buy hq ore, mithril etc

And btw ogres used to have to haul adamantite from neriak to oggok. So you have had it easy

oh and you can be one zone away from a hq ore vendor in rivervale (cleric with faithstone or druid)

I love my faithstone when doing de smithing

gets me safely past the "Black Hole" at the zone to 3rd gate inside commons (just as a dark elf about it)
                      Oberan Lifebringer
                      Archon of Innoruuk
                      < Magus Imperialis Magicus >
                      < Slayer of Kerafyrm >
                      < Rallos Zek Server >
                      < 1750 Club >

Comment

In Shadeweavers I get a stack of swirling shadows in about an hour (+/- 10 minutes). That is killing about 2 spawns per minute (lesser shades and anything else that wanders in).

From what I can tell, having a second person there farming shadows for themselves adds about 10-20 minutes to the time needed. Never tried it with 3 people hunting them at once, but I think at that point the respawn time wouldn't be able to keep up with killing rate.
                        Doranor Singebeard
                        Paladin of Brell, 51st season, Prexus Server
                        Smith - 198 Brewer - 167
                        Potter - 188 Tailor - 158
                        Fletcher - 166 Baker - 163
                        Jewelcrafter - 182

Comment

swirling shadows in Shadeweavers

Perhaps I am donig this wrong or perhaps I'm in the wrong spot. I venture into Shadeweaver (POK Book) run north following the road mostly until I come upon an area just off the road where I see a clump of lesser shades and skeletal warriors about.

As a mage, my pet can clear this camp of about 7 static spawns faster than I can loot. Unfortunately, after quite a few trips there I have only been able to manage 2 shadows, and that I considered myself extremely lucky to get. Then I get frustrated and head to TS where the farming is noticably better. Am I farming in the wrong spot in shadeweavers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

If you don't hear ghosts wailing and moaning while you farm lesser shades you are in the wrong place in ST. Go as far north as you can. The road ends in a tunnel. To your right is an area strewn with boulders. Farm here and up on hill. Spawns are instant pops. Kill 1 and another appears immediately somewhere in this area. Sometimes so close you here them "thud" when they hit the ground. Bring a friend or 2. The faster they are killed the faster they spawn. Just be prepared to run around like a madman killing 1 hit wonders

edit: I average about 20 shadows an hour here without risking my life to a proc.

Comment

To go from 188 skill to 249 skill, only making shadowscream took me a little under 1200 combines, I used boots to go up, and I did most of it in a row, the skill up to 249 was accidental though and done while making a cloak for a newb when expending leftovers ;-)

Be well,

Comment

Working...
                              X