Slot 17 on Cultural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot 17 on Cultural

A friend of mine showed me a slot 17 on his cultural armor. He does not raid and it only had purity on it and he said it was player made for those that do not raid. Either I fail at searching (obviously I do) or there is a recipe out there for this. I searched over at EQ Traders and on Allakhazams for it. All I found was the raid one, which was helpful but I couldn't find the one he showed me that was for the non raiders.

The raid one is Phantasmic [armor type] [slot] symbol of [religion]. If anyone can help me out please let me know.

The player crafted non-raid ones are the soloist ones....Cosgrove soloist for Underfoot level and Soloist Dream for House of Thule Level. Here's an example of one: Soloist Dream Chest Seal of the Cryomancer. They require high pottery skill, but are tradeable.
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 05-25-2011, 07:19 AM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I went through what I thought I would want on my Paladin and Shaman in slot 17. I found 12 different ones but when I looked up a specific choice: Soloist Dream Wrist Seal of the Traveler, I could not find the recipe on EQ Traders. Are all the 12 only available on certain slots? Or just not listed at this time on EQ Traders?

Comment

Where did you run across a Soloist Dream Wrist Seal of the Traveler?

As far as I can recall, and as far as I can find, Traveler Seals are only available as Chest or Leg useable. There is certainly no Cosgrove Soloist Wrist Seal of the Traveler, which is the lower level version of the same class of item.

As to your second question, for most of the slots, effects are only available on one particular piece of armour (Poison and Disease foci are only wrist slot, Faerune is only helm slot). Due to issues this caused for some classes though, a second book became available that added seals to legs and chest that duplicated some of the limited slot effects. Since the Traveler effect was limited to legs before, it was also added to the chest seal.

Basically, you can put most effects into the chest slot seal, almost as many effects will now go into the leg slot, while you get a choice of a handful of effects for each of the other slots.

Comment

I found it over on allakhazam and on magelo.

I am just gathering information before I go farming and making sure I have enough skill to make the cultural. Thanks for the information. It will help me plan this out as I am thinking of doing the player made slot 17 for my non raid Paladin and wanted to make sure before I invested all this time that the cultural setup would be better than the SoD raid tier 4 armor and it seems to be slightly more ac and more hpts.

Comment

Not all focii are available on every slot when it comes to the pottery crafted augments. Pretty sure that EQTC has them all (unless there were really late adds that no one bothered to turn in). When I searched Alla's/Lucy and Magelo, I get no results for a Soloist Dream Wrist Seal of the Traveler. There are Phantasmic available for every slot for traveler, but not the crafted ones. You can go buy the book seals of the soloist and scribe all the recipes and check them out for yourself in your pottery tradeskill window.
            Last edited by Aanuvane; 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM.
            AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

All that is really helpful. I have most of the smithing done where I just need to go collect the materials. Working on pottery to reach 222 to 250 so I can make the Soloist Dream ones. It was suggested to me tonight that it would be better to just get the focus in HoT that would enhance my toon and get the rest from UF. Otherwise I would be running into the next expansion and still not have my raid slot 17's on my raid toon. I know I have to get the race specific smithy hammers and work on the Smithing Illustrious Cultural Symbols books. Lots of work yet to do but at least I would be caught up through HoT finally.

Comment

Correction to what I said above....Seals of the Soloist and More Seals of the Soloist are the Underfoot/Cosgrove Seals....Seals of the Soloist Dreamer - First Half and Seals of the Soloist Dreamer - Second Half are the HoT/Dream seals. All 4 available from a cultural tinkering historian in the corner by the PoK Library entrance. Good luck on "getting caught up" - I just managed to accomplish that myself last week was exciting to see the big jump in mana!

Comment

Working...
                X