One Hand Blunt for Paladins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Hand Blunt for Paladins

Unless I am totally overlooking something, there is no Paladin one hand blunt in the new SoD crafted weapon series. Is this my oversight or did developers miss this?

Originally posted by Paloverde View Post
    Unless I am totally overlooking something, there is no Paladin one hand blunt in the new SoD crafted weapon series. Is this my oversight or did developers miss this?
    paladin usable at all? or knight specific?

There was certainly no Knight specific 1HB... there is a knight specific 1HS.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

He is indeed correct, there is no pally/SK usable 1Hb. In reference to another post regarding caster weapons, there is only 1 Int caster usable weapon, and 1 Priest usable weapon with these new weapons.

Dagger-pierce-war, rng, brd, rog, bst
      Great Axe-2hs-war, pal, rng, sk, ber
      Great Sword-2hs-war, pal, rng, sk, ber
      Hammer-1hb-clr, dru, shm
      Hand Axe-1hs-war, rng, brd, rog
      Knights Sword-1hs-pal, sk
      Long Hammer-2hb-war, pal, rng, sk, mnk, bst, ber
      Long Spear-2hPierce-war, pal, rng, sk, ber
      Long Sword-1hs-war, rng, brd, rog
      Mace-1hb-war, rng, brd, rog, mnk, bst
      Reinforced Baton-1hb-nec, wiz, mag, enc
      Reinforced Staff-2hb-war, pal, rng, sk, mnk, bst, ber
      Short Spear-pierce-war, rng, brd, rog, bst
      Ulak-h2h-mnk, bst
      Fist Wraps-h2h-mnk, bst
      Whip-1hs-war, rng, brd, rog
      Sap-1hb-war, rng, mnk, brd, rog, bst

Pally/SK should have a 1hb, preists should be allowed the use of a 2hb and a 1hs for druids, and Int casters should be allowed a pierce weapon.

Comment

We will not be making a pal/sk specific 1hb.

We will happily add them to the existing generic 1HB though (the mace)

At this time the caster and priest specific weapons are it the way they are, we do not want to add priests to the 2hb. and druids only get "scimitars" (in general) which these 1HS are not.
        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
        Grandmaster Smith 250
        Master Tailor 200

Comment

Adding pally/SK to the mace would make sense. I would also think adding Int casters to the short spear so they would have a pierce weapon would be appropriate.

I can understand the druid thing, but dont really understand the thinking on the priest part. Seems to me that adding priests to the Long Hammer would be ok, shouldnt have any effect on game balance etc. As a cleric myself, I would probably only use the 2hb for skill ups, but would be nice to have the option. As a tradeskiller, it would be nice if the casters, Int and Wis, had more than one weapon to choose from. It would probably help us when trying to get people interested in actually buying/using these weapons.

On the caster note, is there any chance of changing a few of the non-proc augs so they would be caster beneficial? Or maybe adding a couple more gem lines to the current 3 that would be caster beneficial?
          Maybe a wisdom line based on Uncut Jacinth and an Int line based on Uncut Amethyst? The wisdom aug line could be 1hb/2hb(if you do change long hammer) and the effects could easily scale up based on the spinneret level. The Int aug line could be 1hb/pierce(if the short spear is changed). The damage on the aug could be lower to compensate, and you could even make the augs caster specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post

At this time the caster and priest specific weapons are it the way they are, we do not want to add priests to the 2hb. and druids only get "scimitars" (in general) which these 1HS are not.
            I'm against this, personally... the existing 24 delay mace is MUCH too fast for a knight weapon (a hasted knight using this and trying to cast would lose swings), and lacks the ratio. This is like Aristo's questionable idea of not making a Defiant knight weapon, and putting knights on the longsword, spikemaul, and such... knights have no use for weapons designed for dual wield classes, and would suffer if included on the mace line. Either give them a 1hb to compete with the 1hs, or leave them with the 1hs.

Incidentally, due to the same issue of losing swings while casting, it would be nice if the Knight's Sword had it's delay increased, and it's ratio adjusted to compensate.

By the way, non-dual wield classes still need Defiant and Cultural love in their offhands. Shields FTW!

Comment

This is after speaking with Merloc. You will see it emulated in the itemization in the game.
              Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Panic View Post
                I'm against this, personally... the existing 24 delay mace is MUCH too fast for a knight weapon (a hasted knight using this and trying to cast would lose swings), and lacks the ratio. This is like Aristo's questionable idea of not making a Defiant knight weapon, and putting knights on the longsword, spikemaul, and such... knights have no use for weapons designed for dual wield classes, and would suffer if included on the mace line. Either give them a 1hb to compete with the 1hs, or leave them with the 1hs.

Incidentally, due to the same issue of losing swings while casting, it would be nice if the Knight's Sword had it's delay increased, and it's ratio adjusted to compensate.

By the way, non-dual wield classes still need Defiant and Cultural love in their offhands. Shields FTW!
                The Knight 1hs is what is intended for knights. I just see no reason to not ALLOW them to use the existing 1hb, even if they do not want to use it.

No shields planned in the near future.
                Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200

Comment

While your at it please make a 2hb staff casters can use.I wanted to make myself one for Krond in MMM:-P

Comment

This is after speaking with Merloc. You will see it emulated in the itemization in the game.
                    Ummm, did you maybe forget to include something else with that post? Im not really sure "what" is after speaking to Merloc hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by HaelonTT View Post
                      Ummm, did you maybe forget to include something else with that post? Im not really sure "what" is after speaking to Merloc hehe.
                      it is more that my posts are for some reason out of order...

Originally Posted by Ngreth Thergn

then it should have been

Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                      Master Tailor 200

Comment

Working...
                      X