What is in store for us now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is in store for us now?

With the decision to discontinue player armor and tayloring armor what is instore for us who spent countless hours getting a skill up and now its gone? Alchemy can make food to sell, chanters mana products and now jewlery to so extent. Your bakeing and brewing can yeild moderate income. I for one used alot of the skills to supplement my accounts as farming for drops which sell for hugh amounts of plat isnt in store for me. Cant raid except casually due to RL so alot in my spot never see drops that sell for alot. That left tradeskills for us. I use to think JC was expensive until i took up alchemy then Smithing. Hands down smithing is expensive and it saddens me to thin once again the hammer has fallen and no end in sight.

So can you speculate what is to become of smithing and tayloring. I must say with this decision on my server the price of porous loam has halved and is now back down to 175K to about 212k versus the 350 to 500k it was. But even with the price low why should we invest in armor for self or others if going away. I an not one for gouging players and infact if on my server you will see i constantly lower price to bring down cost. If it cost me 15k for componets i usually sell for 17 to 18k not the usual 30+k.

Interested to see where this leads and any info on what appears to be a useless skill now.

Player-made armor is not being discontinued.

Cultural armor in its current form will not be continued.

Comment

Plus the elegant armor is not going to be useless for quite a while.
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

It could be as simple as replacing the slot 12 on future tiers of cultural armors with a new slot type, or it could be as complicated as an entirely new system of armors, much like blue diamond armors replaced the old-world cultural, or the new systematic cultural replaced blue diamond cultural.
        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

As a guild smith/tailor/tinker I had planned on making current cultural combines until our mid tier guild beats SOF. Based on our current rate of progression (and I am sure a lot of others like ours) we will beat SOF in 2010. I would expect that even beyond that there will be many other players single grouping LB encounters continuing a fairly steady demand amongst a fairly large player base.

I for one was quite happy to see that cultural in its current form only has about 3 years left.

Comment

Working...
          X